just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Huh. I didn't know that in the Age of Ultron article it says that Iron man creates Ultron and not Ant-man. I guess that destroys the possibility of getting Ant-man in the upcoming Lego Avengers sets.

If we all could afford going there and RIOT, we could get figs....soooooo. No riot for me.

The only time I've been looking foward to getting a certain minifigure and he's a hard to get exclusive... never happened to me before, but I now understand why this annoys everyone! However, I have heard a rumor (I forget where I heard it) that we might see The Collector in a future Avengers movie due to the Infinity Gems. I hope this is just like Azog and just a preview variant for a future release of the character.

Or elektra

But she would also need a new hairpiece

Nah, Wasp and Ant-Man from the game are as good as confirmed. All the comic-con exclusives right now are so small so they probably want to keep that theme.

Actually Black Panther seems off the table since he would need a new cowl but Lego has made a white hood, all they need is to put on Moon Knight's torso, a white cape and a black head with white eyes..... oh no.

Huh. I didn't know that in the Age of Ultron article it says that Iron man creates Ultron and not Ant-man. I guess that destroys the possibility of getting Ant-man in the upcoming Lego Avengers sets.

It's been "known" (i.e. educated guess) since the first Age of Ultron teaser from SDCC last year where an Iron Man helmet was shown on screen, and it basically starts contorting as if being battered from within, and as it completes its 360 turn it becomes Ultron's head, followed by the title "Age of Ultron". After Iron Man 3 & the Ultron reveal, Tony building Ultron makes the most sense. He's already got an AI system capable of controlling any suits he makes with JARVIS… doing up another one dedicated to superheroics makes good sense, so he can continue his evolution from IM3 (i.e. not being the guy in the suit all the time, so he can enjoy life with Pepper and whatnot). It just makes more sense in the MCU, rather than introducing Old Man Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) who invented these things that let you grow or shrink and a helmet to communicate with insects and then, oh, by the way, also invented a super intelligent evil robot. :tongue:

…but there's still a chance for Ant-Man when that movie comes out, or they could always throw Hank (or Scott) into one of the comic-themed sets.

Glad to see the Batman TLM set is gonna be a wide release… a shame the two-faced Unikitty's exclusive, since those expressions are adorable, but I'm kinda okay with just having Regular Unikitty from Cloud Cuckoo.

EDIT: given past 'stunts', I fully expect Thor to reclaim his 'title' (really? His name is now a title?) from the new lady Thor in time for Avengers 2, and Steve to get a rejuvenation of super-soldier formula so Falcon can hand the mantle & shield back to him just as Bucky did 'conveniently' around movie-time a couple years ago. I expect "Lady Thor" to get some new identity and possibly a Stormbringer-like weapon of her own, if she survives, and for Falcon to maybe adopt a new codename or get his own book once Steve returns (I'm also kinda wondering if they'll fix Steve by finally cracking the super-soldier formula, curing him but unleashing a ton of new super-soldiers for some big event or shift in the status quo, akin to the influx of Inhumans over the last year)

Edited by Venkefedo

Actually Black Panther seems off the table since he would need a new cowl but Lego has made a white hood, all they need is to put on Moon Knight's torso, a white cape and a black head with white eyes..... oh no.

The new Batman cowl would do well for Black Panther. Seems like a confirmation to me.

Also Marvel will definitely get some more publicity for the change to a female Thor so they will push Lego to make a figure of her as a raffle exclusive on SDCC and the new helmet mould could in turn be used for Hawkgirl when they keep to the design from the insightful article on Marvel.com. Also very likely since Lego Batman 3 will focus on the Justice League side and who is a more popular Leaguer waiting for release than Hawkgirl right now?

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

The collector is only available to some lucky special collectors. Haha

…and several lucky special scalpers, who'll be haha-ing all the way to the bank.

Oh I nearly forgot! This year saw the premiere of Justice League Unlimited Season 5 in Germany, which is the major market of Lego. A JLU based variant on that seasons main character Lex Luthor should not be discounted yet, especially with the introduction of olive colored minifig parts.

The earliest the new cowl will appear is the beginning of 2015. I hope this won't be Marvel's New 52. Lady Thor could be a spin-off hero once the true Thor gains his name back. This is very controversial stuff, so I seriously doubt Marvel will make it permanent.

Does anybody who's had personal comic con experience know how the raffle works. When you enter the Lego raffle I'm assuming you don't get to choose which raffle prize you want to enter to win. Seeing as the Unikitty faces may be exclusives also (I didn't know that many people care that much about her) and also that there still might be some exclusive TMNT figures and Star Wars figures to be unveiled, the chances of attending the raffle and winning exactly what you want to receive would be slim, but the chances of winning something are likely.

Oh I nearly forgot! This year saw the premiere of Justice League Unlimited Season 5 in Germany, which is the major market of Lego. A JLU based variant on that seasons main character Lex Luthor should not be discounted yet, especially with the introduction of olive colored minifig parts.

Kinda confused. JLU ended in 2006; and while I love the show and the DC Animated universe I cannot see Lego making anything based on it, at least not anytime soon.

The earliest the new cowl will appear is the beginning of 2015. I hope this won't be Marvel's New 52. Lady Thor could be a spin-off hero once the true Thor gains his name back. This is very controversial stuff, so I seriously doubt Marvel will make it permanent.

Azog piece on Comic-Con 2013, release December 2013

Batman cowl on Comic-Con 2014, release December 2014 or January 2015

Do you seriously think they produce parts only a week in advance? The cowl and all other parts of next years sets are in production in Lego factories right now. You should try and sign up for an Inside-Tour to get a sneak-peak.

Does anybody who's had personal comic con experience know how the raffle works. When you enter the Lego raffle I'm assuming you don't get to choose which raffle prize you want to enter to win. Seeing as the Unikitty faces may be exclusives also (I didn't know that many people care that much about her) and also that there still might be some exclusive TMNT figures and Star Wars figures to be unveiled, the chances of attending the raffle and winning exactly what you want to receive would be slim, but the chances of winning something are likely.

You stand in line for 6 hours and get a ticket, then at the end of the day force yourself through a mass of 50² people to look up on a Din-A4 sized sheet if your number is on it. If it is you get back to the booth and get a random figure which you can trade with like minded con-goers directly beside the booth.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Kinda confused. JLU ended in 2006; and while I love the show and the DC Animated universe I cannot see Lego making anything based on it, at least not anytime soon.

But the show had its local premiere over here this year. Could be a great strategy to put Olive Overall lex Luthor in the raffle to cash in on the resurge of interest in the show.

think this would be a a really cool minifig

Which one? I spot four cool minifig possibilities.