just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I hope TLG will do things like Rockets Warbird more often AND available for everyone AND a lot cheaper. It's a great way to get nice mini figures we wouldn't get in a set:)

"Like the Rocket Raccoon Warbird set, The Ghost model is only available at Comic-Con… but check back at Yahoo Movies next week to learn how to win both."

I AM WINNING THIS.

I hope that Batman doesn't have a TLM-style face. And how does that expression-changing Unikitty work? And that Angry Kitty is hideous, one exclusive I don't mind missing.

Why do you hope it isn't a new Batman face? The article says the set will be available in January, and it'd be great to get a new face. I presume the 'expression-changing' Unikitty has a double-sided head (though that would be quite weird). And again, that Angry Kitty isn't an exclusive anyway.

NOT BATMAN's GRAPPLING GUN!

It's going to be available in January…

The fact that the ghost set comes with an astromech that is in a set gives me hope for the bat mobile.

That's the way all of the SW comic-con exclusives have been, though. I don't think much can be read into it when it comes to SuperHeroes.

"Like the Rocket Raccoon Warbird set, The Ghost model is only available at Comic-Con… but check back at Yahoo Movies next week to learn how to win both."

I AM WINNING THIS.

We'll see who will win, thanks for telling everybody :devil:

I'd like to get a better look at that grapnel gun. I've built a working one with the new firing guns, but there's a heck of a lot of string hanging off.

Something else then. I've read in the news that Thor from october on is a girl. (In the comics anyway).

Will there be female Thor figs in the future? And cap. America will be colored too.

The grappling gun isn't functional. The movie took creative license. But that really belongs in its respective topic.

Female Thor? Black Cap? I heard on the news a few minutes ago that Steve Rogers loses his powers, and Falcon comes into play. I tuned out, but is Falcon becoming the new Captain America?

Something else then. I've read in the news that Thor from october on is a girl. (In the comics anyway).

Will there be female Thor figs in the future? And cap. America will be colored too.

people are making it out to be a bigger thing than it is. its just temporary thing in the comics. neither the cartoons nor the movies will reflect it.

either way your questions till stands, but my guess is lego proapbly wont makes sets with it.

could be a very timely comic con exclusive fig tho lol

You can't be serious. More exclusives, I hope they're released later on in different forms, if not I'll be seriously annoyed, like last year, and the year before...

I think it's not going to reflect on LEGO for a while. They haven't even jumped on the New 52 bandwagon that much, either.

Jumping the shark...This is supposed to be the same god, but a different gender? WHY? Hasn't the Cinematic Universe settled his image in the mind of the public? I checked, it is not April 1st. *offtopicranting*

Edited by 8BrickMario

No.

No.

No.

Please not the '66 Batmobile.

Please.

Are you... Serious? Rocket Raccoon... Ok. The Collector... I can stomach. But the '66 Batmobile, a cultural icon? Come on! That just means that the fabulous LEGO Ideas project has no hope now. Fantastic.

Don't worry, like Superior Spider Man, Thor and Steve will return next year right before Age of Ultron hits

Edited by TDKR2012

We have to realize that SDCC is at fault. If LEGO is to appear there (and since they have Marvel and DC licenses, they almost have to), they'll be under pressure to have exclusive giveaways, since other companies do it, too. The problem here is that the theme is fairly new for LEGO, so when they make an exclusive, we don't have it yet and say they shouldn't have made it for SDCC and given it to us in the main market. When it's as old as Star Wars, we'll probably be fat and happy from all of the excellent minifigures LEGO gave us, so we won't care as much about the exclusives.

The exclusives of Hasbro and other such vendors are getting a wide release within the next year or are really useless like the retro Alien movie display playset which is basically a piece of plastic and a piece of cardboard.

Lego could and should release items that are getting a release next year (Azog which was given away last year from LOTR is a step in that direction and before 2011 the exclusives always were a lazy mix and match from existing sets and pieces currently in production.

Also sad to hear that the Batmobile will be wasted on a con exclusive when the Batman waves try so hard to seem like toys from the 60s Series. Well, it can´t be that hard to rebuild the model from the instructions for the con set since they have to use pieces already in production for other products and maybe the design will look bad anyway. Worst part would be the Adam West Batman figure but when they actually use the new style cowl in darkblue for the con exclusive it also has to see a wider release so only the prints would be problematic and decals or Decool will gladly help in that regard when Lego stays so recalcitrant.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

No way a female Thor could be the exclusive. Lego needs time to create figs, and if they had the news a year ago, something would have surely gotten to the surface about Thor turning female!