just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I would be over the moon with that exclusive set, but would hate to think of the price I would have to pay in Oz for it...... :sick:

Now just skipping to the Avengers side a bit......why are they copying the basis of the BSG story line ?

Anyway, that's scooting in the off topic area. :blush:

I wonder if that SDCC would be available at any other similar event around the world for the rest of 2014 ?

Am I the only one that thinks this is more purple/magenta and NOT dark red to match the rest if the team? Bravo Lego! I have no issues at all with exclusives and like the fact that Lego promotes it's brand like this. Good luck to those going.

It's the lighting. LEGO doesn't have a subtle purple-red color like that. Rocket's outfit is dark red.

If you rewatch the trailer, the scene where rocket raccoon grabs his private parts because he was itchy, the outfit he is wearing was somewhat purple-red like the figure

That may be, but the LEGO color is the Dark Red we've had for a while.

Yup… and everyone else is wearing a dark red outfit visible in shots with better lighting that the crotch-scratch one :tongue: No reason for TLG to create a brand-new color for this.

Somthing you all seem to be over looking, does Rocket even fit inside that thing? :laugh:

No, I think he fits on top like in those new star wars mini ship sets

Somthing you all seem to be over looking, does Rocket even fit inside that thing? :laugh:

No, it's been mentioned several times. The ship's a glorified polybag minibuild, the kind with no minifig (Batmobile, Bat-tumbler, most SW polys).

EDIT:

No, I think he fits on top like in those new star wars mini ship sets

D'oh! I think you're right. Didn't notice there was what seems to be a 1x2 (at least) gap between the 'windshield' and the orange curved slop in the back… not big enough for a regular mini to sit, but perhaps big enough for a tail-less mini w/ short legs to stand? Good eye.

…I'd be totally fine if TLG introduced a "Micro-Fighters" sub-line into the Super Heroes line, provided the SW MF line continues, and the first wave of SH features some new characters. :tongue:

Edited by Venkefedo

Somehow I don't think this will stay exclusive forever. I mean aren't the multi-colored short legs actually molded that way, similar to how the two tone arms are? Plus there's printing on top of that. This seems like a lot for something with such a limited run.

Those are dark red short legs with dark grey printing on the bottom and side printing, not molded from multiple colored plastics (I think).

They printed CMF Bart's legs. The feet are very possibly a different plastic, but there is side pocket printing on Rocket's legs.

They printed CMF Bart's legs. The feet are very possibly a different plastic, but there is side pocket printing on Rocket's legs.

The only thing printed on Bart's legs is the slingshot. You'll notice that the yellow on the blue legs runs onto the inner side of the legs, which could not be done with printing. Also as I recall Lego can't print on the top part of the foot, so either Rockets legs are made with two different plastic colors or Lego has been holding back some new printing techniques.

If you rewatch the trailer, the scene where rocket raccoon grabs his private parts because he was itchy, the outfit he is wearing was somewhat purple-red like the figure

It's dark red, it matched the others in that scene. Also you can see this costume clearly in the newest trailer when he says "You'll have to go through us first!" Has matching shoulder pads and everything.

For me, the fact that we haven't been able to get Rocket Racoon in Team colors has kept me from buying the other sets.

I guess I'm a completionist as I don't like to get only part of the Team. The fact I don't have Green Lantern for my JL is killing me.

I think I might stop collecting Superheroes sets and just buy Decool figs instead

:classic:

Lego did so well with the hobbit at sdcc last year.

the exlusive set to buy included a bilbo you could get elsewhere.

And the giveaway figure was one that would be released in a set later that year.

That is how they shold do it every eyar with every theme involved

If this is the one and only Super Heroes exclusive, then it's a step in the right direction. However, I still think Lego could do more to help themselves and the fans by doing this:

* Sell the set at the SDCC with some nifty packaging. That's fine. Then outside of the Con:

* For the Build (Warbird)

The instructions should go up on Lego's website as a PDF, and use the tagline "build this with parts from your Lego collection!" They do it all the time with instructions for the Club section of the website (See this page: http://club.lego.com.../building-steps).

The build itself should use parts available in other sets from that year (no exclusive parts or decals). There are great sites out there, like Bricklink and Brickset, that can tell you where to get the parts.

* For the Minifigure (Rocket in GOTG Team Outfit)

Lego can make one special minifigure to tie into SDCC, but that figure should be available as a promotional item for the month of July. Like Martian Manhunter, Darth Revan, Flashback Shredder, etc., if you buy $75 worth of product you should get the minifigure.

Also, isn't it cheaper to produce things in larger quantities? By making that Rocket for both SDCC and the free-with-$75-purchase, they'd be producing more and it would be cheaper for them.

Other Con "Exclusives"

Plus, Lego can still give away or sell other "preview minifigures" that will be coming out down the road, but just make it clear that those are preview minifigures (in exclusive packaging). Most people will be fine with that.

All of that creates a really simple fix, one that would make everyone happy.

Edited by phanstasm

If those legs are done the same way as the Simpsons with the 2 colours moulded together then I'd say they were looking at a much larger run than the 200-500 or so for the Con...

The fact that there's arm printing as well as the torso print and 2 colours of plastic on the legs are telling me this hasn't just been put together for a short run.

No figures to date have had that level of detail put into them and the QC on some of the actual Con figures has been quite iffy with misaligned printing on quite a few that I've seen for sale. I bet they have more waste on regular figure runs through QC than they actually hand out for Con exclusives.

Hasn't each of the figures released so far had generic hair pieces etc? No new moulds? Just straightforward print onto the torso / front of legs and two sided faces which Lego do in one run through their pad presses.

The new printing on his shoulder pads alone is more work than they've done an any exclusive before so this seems more like the Azog figure which was just a preview of a much larger distribution.

Just my twopenneth.

So we're thinking Rocket's feet are a different plastic layer (which they haven't done before, they've made 3-layered legs for The Simpsons), and the legs are printed on the sides. I'm thinking there's too much saying that he's going to appear later, somehow, somewhere.

My impression was that the area for printing on the smaller legs is so small that they used the different coloured plastics... Looking at the blank shins of the Star Wars range would seem to echo that so to get so close to the 'foot' area looks like it's a different plastic rather than print.

If it is then I just can't see them going to that much expense and trouble for a small run exclusive.

I'm not complaining about the figure being released or clutching at straws that it's just a preview... it's just, for me, the complexity of the figure compared to previous con figures points towards it being a preview.

The more I look at it the more I wonder if it is molding or printing for those feet. It does look like the inner side of the foot is also that same red color, then again it could just be a mistake on the render. But on the other hand could Lego have finally developed a new printing technique allowing them to print on the feet like that. I guess we'll have to wait for images of the real thing before we'll know for sure.

Curiously I can only wonder why they decided to add the grey feet on this version and not the one in the set. Either way I still think this will be more like a preview minifigure, somehow I don't think they'd make it this impossible to have a full line-up of the Guardians in that costume.

For those who can't see the difference in color, here's something more apparent...

Interesting, perhaps this will be like the Dark Knight SDCC and we'll get a differently colored version in the future.

Edited by strangely