just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I think it makes perfect sense for this to be an exclusive. What everyone fails to realize is that these SDCC exclusives are ways for LEGO to make figures/sets that they wouldn't make otherwise.

Umm, what about DVD's, S&H exclusives, and video game exclusives? Though I don't feel entitled, I think that Lego can figure out another option so that the fans that do overreact to these things stop complaining.

And here we GO AGAIN.

Lego does not seem to give a flying fuse about anything anymore. Make the figure better than the one in the official set and put it in an OVERPRICED and BADLY BUILD set AND make it EXCLUSIVE so that only those few people in the proud United States of America can get that set for the still overpriced convention price. And thus the aftermarket explodes with this set with 120$.

Yes! This is how marketing works! Sure!

Seriously now, I feel cheated on. Trying to fight a useless fight and trying to collect the Super Heroes Minifigures just became irrational. I'm giving up on it. Really, after all the Star Wars minifgures that kept re-re-re-re-releasing every year with minor improvements became to much for me, the Super Heroes line follows these footsteps. I'm angry and I might be overreacting for some of you, but this is just how I feel right now.

I think LEGO doesn't understand or care about the viewpoint of the people who don't get the exclusives. These minifigures are made in limited quantities anyway, so is it really worth it to make them just to make them? It's too bad that SDCC is the kind of event where giveaways are expected, since it's bringing down a lot of fans. But we need to remember that it's ultimately not much of a big deal to miss the minifigures. I think most of us are saying we're mad about the minifigures, but are really upset about the exclusives.

And here we GO AGAIN.

Lego does not seem to give a flying fuse about anything anymore. Make the figure better than the one in the official set and put it in an OVERPRICED and BADLY BUILD set AND make it EXCLUSIVE so that only those few people in the proud United States of America can get that set for the still overpriced convention price. And thus the aftermarket explodes with this set with 120$.

Yes! This is how marketing works! Sure!

Seriously now, I feel cheated on. Trying to fight a useless fight and trying to collect the Super Heroes Minifigures just became irrational. I'm giving up on it. Really, after all the Star Wars minifgures that kept re-re-re-re-releasing every year with minor improvements became to much for me, the Super Heroes line follows these footsteps. I'm angry and I might be overreacting for some of you, but this is just how I feel right now.

I had most of the Star wars sets completed up to the clone wars since I was kinda ready after for the entire Star wars license to end back in 2011 or 2010 and then I was going to make a decent profit by selling them. Then after they renewed the license I was upset since a lot of the sets were getting rereleased along with the figures I was just as upset as you, and the exact same thing is happening specifically with the Lego DC line with the outrageous amounts of Lego Batman variants we have, and the very few official set Justice League members. (Excluding exclusives Green Arrow, Green lantern, Martian Manhunter etc.) I can only hope that this license ends hopefully within the next 4 or 5 years since by then we'll have probably every variant of Batman by then and a complete justice league.

I think LEGO doesn't understand or care about the viewpoint of the people who don't get the exclusives. These minifigures are made in limited quantities anyway, so is it really worth it to make them just to make them? It's too bad that SDCC is the kind of event where giveaways are expected, since it's bringing down a lot of fans. But we need to remember that it's ultimately not much of a big deal to miss the minifigures. I think most of us are saying we're mad about the minifigures, but are really upset about the exclusives.

There is always going to be exclusives for those that go that go the extra distant for conventions, spend a decent amount of money at a store, or by purchasing a set a limited quantity set. This always happens with Toy companies it's been happening with Hasbro, Mattel, even Mega Bloks and Kreo are starting to do it this year with a 30 Exclusive 80s Transformers Kreon set. I don't think however much the community bickers and screams, exclusives are just going to continue happening whether we like it or not. :/ If one person stops buying Legos just to protest against the exclusives, it won't harm Legos profit margins one bit since Lego is the biggest toy company in the world and they make billions. Edited by Kire

The tin star wars cans never had an exclusive minifigure in it, so i think that gives us a clue that rocket isn't exclusive to this set

Don't be surprised if you guys don't see this rocket raccoon anywhere else but SDCC. Guardians of the Galaxy is coming out in August 1st and once the movie is out, I doubt Lego will do anything else with the movie.

I had most of the Star wars sets completed up to the clone wars since I was kinda ready after for the entire Star wars license to end back in 2011 or 2010 and then I was going to make a decent profit by selling them. Then after they renewed the license I was upset since a lot of the sets were getting rereleased along with the figures I was just as upset as you, and the exact same thing is happening specifically with the Lego DC line with the outrageous amounts of Lego Batman variants we have, and the very few official set Justice League members. (Excluding exclusives Green Arrow, Green lantern, Martian Manhunter etc.) I can only hope that this license ends hopefully within the next 4 or 5 years since by then we'll have probably every variant of Batman by then and a complete justice league.

There is always going to be exclusives for those that go that go the extra distant for conventions, spend a decent amount of money at a store, or by purchasing a set a limited quantity set. This always happens with Toy companies it's been happening with Hasbro, Mattel, even Mega Bloks and Kreo are starting to do it this year with a 30 Exclusive 80s Transformers Kreon set. I don't think however much the community bickers and screams, exclusives are just going to continue happening whether we like it or not. :/ If one person stops buying Legos just to protest against the exclusives, it won't harm Legos profit margins one bit since Lego is the biggest toy company in the world and they make billions.

I think wishing for a license to end just to make money on what you've picked up is a pretty strange way of looking at it. How about just enjoying the license and the sets and the minifigures?

Old, rare figures are going to make you a fortune anyway if you don't want to keep them... Just sell the Cloud City figures and you're in profit already! BrickLink will always be around to sell figures if people want them.

With Lego now considering Super Heroes as an evergreen series your hope of the license ending in the next 4 years is pretty much over. Lots more Batmans to buy along with those Justice League figures!

How does Lego sell the exclusives at the booth? Do you have to raffle to buy it? I haven't bought anything at the Lego booth since 2004 so I just want to check to see how it has worked lately.

Thanks

I think it's a raffle... get a ticket and keep your fingers crossed. I'm not sure how people ended up with all 4 SH figures along with Azog though.

I'm sure our Chinese bootleg friends will come up trumps with this if all else fails!

How does Lego sell the exclusives at the booth? Do you have to raffle to buy it? I haven't bought anything at the Lego booth since 2004 so I just want to check to see how it has worked lately.

Thanks

Last year they had the sets you could buy from the booth, but they had a very limited amount from what I was told.

You're all so angry about this exclusive fig of a character we've gotten already and isn't that cool to begin with. Who among you had actually heard of Rocket Raccoon before the movies and cartoons started promoting him?

I sense a strong amount of emotion about something trivial. We could have gotten a recognizable character that isn't lame that hasn't appeared in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.

If you really want this fig bricklink a starlord torso and paint some short legs red.

You're all so angry about this exclusive fig of a character we've gotten already and isn't that cool to begin with. Who among you had actually heard of Rocket Raccoon before the movies and cartoons started promoting him?

So because we haven't heard of something doesn't me we can't like a character after we here about it? Heck, I hadn't heard of Taskmaster before, but after looking into his history, he seems awesome! Should I not be sad if don't get the set in time because I didn't know him before the set came out?

Well it does make a difference that this isn't a particularly beloved character to begin with, and he's already widely available. Opinion about sets based on movies also can change dramatically once people see the film. In the trailers, Rocket is seen mostly in the yellow outfit, and I've read the Guardians don't even completely team up until halfway or two-thirds through the film. This outfit might see very little screen time, and then people won't even care about it.

I hadn't even seen any talk about the yellow outfit being 'crappy' until the dark red variant surfaced. Did everybody saying that really think so from the beginning, or is it just crappy by comparison? (But again, if Rocket mostly wears the yellow outfit in the film, people are going to like that one.)

I like the set, but I have no sympathy for Completists who complain this will hit their wallet.

You can live without it. If you overpay for it, that's your own doing and your complaints shall fall upon deaf ears.

I think it makes perfect sense for this to be an exclusive. What everyone fails to realize is that these SDCC exclusives are ways for LEGO to make figures/sets that they wouldn't make otherwise. Everyone acts like they're being cheated out of something. In LEGO's eyes, they figure it's better to make a figure and give people the chance to get it than not make it at all And to the people complaining that this screws them out of a complete matching team, take note that EVERY other toy line used the orange Rocket. If LEGO hadn't done this no one would have cared about getting this version. (I never saw it mentioned before) It's because LEGO announced it that everyone seems to feel entitled to receive a version of a character that will probably be on screen for 15 minutes.

I mentioned it before… a week or three ago, pretty sure I posted somewhere around here that I'd like to try to get an extra Milano-Star-Lord torso to use with the regular Rocket head & a set of dark-red short legs (I bought several off Bricklink months ago for dwarves & goblins), since I figured everyone else had a red suit, he must, too! (and it's visible in the trailers--not much, but definitely in the scene w/ them all walking forward in their uniforms, Rocket's tugging at the crotch of his pants, in the red suit). I don't really care that other toys are focusing on his orange outfit… I prefer the team look for the Guardians, be in the navy/red uniforms they got at the modern team's launch or the dark red outfits they get in the movie.

I sense a strong amount of emotion about something trivial. We could have gotten a recognizable character that isn't lame that hasn't appeared in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.

If you really want this fig bricklink a starlord torso and paint some short legs red.

I heard of Rocket Raccoon before the movie was ever announced. Heard about him many years ago. Fans of Hellboy probably know of him, since Mike Mignola drew a Rocket Raccoon miniseries in the '80s. GOTG fans know of him since he was part of the modern-age team when it launched after the whole Annihilation/Conquest epic many moons ago. Video game fans probably know of him from Marvel Vs Capcom.

Just because you didn't know of him doesn't mean nobody else knew. Any comic fan worth his salt has known about Rocket for at least the last 8 years, if not the last 29-ish years. Just because you think he's lame doesn't mean anyone else does.

I like the set, but I have no sympathy for Completists who complain this will hit their wallet.

You can live without it. If you overpay for it, that's your own doing and your complaints shall fall upon deaf ears.

Definitely, I'm no way paying those ridiculous prices. But to each there own, I won't talk about what you choose to do.

I think it's a raffle... get a ticket and keep your fingers crossed. I'm not sure how people ended up with all 4 SH figures along with Azog though.

I'm sure our Chinese bootleg friends will come up trumps with this if all else fails!

Scalpers, Lego scalpers were going up to unsuspected people who had won the raffled figures and were offering them cash upfront between $50-100. Well this a rumor that was going around on Flickr not enough proof but it makes sense.

No doubt about this figure. If it doesn't appear in a set or promotion, I'm hoping Decool and SY can come through by at least next year to replicate this figure.

Edited by Kire

The reason me and many other fans care about getting Rocket Raccoon in his uniform is that that is the only way LEGO made minifigures of Gamora and Drax. I didn't care much about the $40 sets at SDCC last year so I didn't pay attention to them being sold online, how much should I expect these to cost on eBay? If he's a promotional figure later on I'll probably buy the parts to build the Warbird.

Will we be seeing other exclusives as well or is this confirmed as the only Marvel exclusive this year? If it is the only one, I definitely think LEGO did a better job this year than in previous years with 4 exclusive figures!

At least it's just a variant of a fig we can easily get in a set and not a new character like the Winter Soldier or something like that. :wink: I hope that this is the only exclusive as it will mean I won't have to waste time with those raffles again.

Well it does make a difference that this isn't a particularly beloved character to begin with, and he's already widely available. Opinion about sets based on movies also can change dramatically once people see the film. In the trailers, Rocket is seen mostly in the yellow outfit, and I've read the Guardians don't even completely team up until halfway or two-thirds through the film. This outfit might see very little screen time, and then people won't even care about it.

I hadn't even seen any talk about the yellow outfit being 'crappy' until the dark red variant surfaced. Did everybody saying that really think so from the beginning, or is it just crappy by comparison? (But again, if Rocket mostly wears the yellow outfit in the film, people are going to like that one.)

Technically it's orange, not yellow. :tongue:

Lego just seem to choose illogical characters / sets for these exclusives. It's the hardcore comic fans who go to these things - this set would be a big hit outside that market as well.