just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I'll be there. I will try to pick one up, and then promptly sell it on ebay to cover my costs. :devil:

I kid, I kid. Seriously though, if get it you can bet I'll be keeping it!

This reminds me of the exclusive Bagend set from last year. Fortunately there was not any exclusive minifigures in that one. I suspect there will be a Guardians polybag with this version of Rocket. After all, it is an exclusive set, not necessarily an exclusive minifig.

That said, if this version is not available from another source, I completely understand everyone's frustration.

This reminds me of the exclusive Bagend set from last year. Fortunately there was not any exclusive minifigures in that one. I suspect there will be a Guardians polybag with this version of Rocket. After all, it is an exclusive set, not necessarily an exclusive minifig.

That said, if this version is not available from another source, I completely understand everyone's frustration.

I'm so hoping that that is what is going to happen.

Oh, boy. LEGO needs to read these topics and realize how much everyone hates the exclusive system. The few happy people to own them are nothing compared to the fans hurt by this. (My heart goes out to completionists.) LEGO is for everyone, and it should be that way for their minifigures. If they make event exclusives, use keychains or special printed bricks or eventually mainstream minifigs like Azog! Not minifigures (with printed short legs) that no one else can get. Has anyone sent complaints? Maybe an influx of them would make a point. I'd try anything at this point.

(And rarity aside, how is that thing worth 35 dollars? It's a bit of a stretch even for an exclusive.)

Edited by 8BrickMario

Wow at least it isn't another exclusive character, or another Spidey! My wallet has hurt from those these last two years.

I will be going to CC this year and will definitely try to get this, but I can imagine there being a lot of pushing and shoving and I know that I will not go through that.

I wish there was a polybag of that rocket version, as someone said before it is an exlusive set not an exclusive minifigure, hope lego releases the polybag thinking of us fans thst cannot go to the sdcc

Are you trying to defend them? This is still terrible, even if it's not quite up to par with Phoenix and Shazam.

Yes, I am trying to defend them. I don't think this is even particularly 'terrible.'

I get so sick and tired year after year with how the online community reacts. LEGO does not have a responsibility to give anybody anything. Nobody is entitled. I don't think all LEGO is glorious and wonderful - a lot of the SuperHeroes line has been pretty crappy, and LEGO hasn't made cool stuff like characters from Thor The Dark World that would've made fantastic minifigs (just as one example).

Even when it was completely exclusive minifigs like in years past, I find people's reactions on here to be utterly outrageous. At the same time, I felt the pain - what the hell was LEGO thinking making popular and important characters like Shazam, Phoenix, Green Arrow, and most of all Green frickin Lantern as exclusive minifigs? Everybody wants those!

BUT this GotG exclusive doesn't come close. Variant suit. I don't care that it matches better. Sure it would've been nicer of LEGO to go the other way round and put this in the set and the prison outfit in this exclusive, but oh well, they didn't. So sorry the whole team isn't wearing dark red.

Yes, I am trying to defend them. I don't think this is even particularly 'terrible.'

I get so sick and tired year after year with how the online community reacts. LEGO does not have a responsibility to give anybody anything. Nobody is entitled. I don't think all LEGO is glorious and wonderful - a lot of the SuperHeroes line has been pretty crappy, and LEGO hasn't made cool stuff like characters from Thor The Dark World that would've made fantastic minifigs (just as one example).

Even when it was completely exclusive minifigs like in years past, I find people's reactions on here to be utterly outrageous. At the same time, I felt the pain - what the hell was LEGO thinking making popular and important characters like Shazam, Phoenix, Green Arrow, and most of all Green frickin Lantern as exclusive minifigs? Everybody wants those!

BUT this GotG exclusive doesn't come close. Variant suit. I don't care that it matches better. Sure it would've been nicer of LEGO to go the other way round and put this in the set and the prison outfit in this exclusive, but oh well, they didn't. So sorry the whole team isn't wearing dark red.

Well that's great that you personally don't deem this as a tragedy but a lot of us would've liked it. And I think the reactions are warranted, these are characters we all want to own. It's ridiculous that Lego would offer something cool like this to a few hundred people. It may just be a variant but putting something like this into a polybag can't possibly be hard.

Exactly! Come on; I mean if you're going to have a team made up of a bunch of A-holes, they darn better well match! Otherwise, they'll just look like what, a bunch of A-holes!

Hahaha that's hilarious! :D

Wow at least it isn't another exclusive character, or another Spidey! My wallet has hurt from those these last two years.

I will be going to CC this year and will definitely try to get this, but I can imagine there being a lot of pushing and shoving and I know that I will not go through that.

Would you be able to purchase one for your dear old friend TheLegoExperience? :grin:

I'd like everyone to calm down and just breathe. We know very little for certain other than this will be for sale at SDCC. We don't know for sure that this version of Rocket won't appear anywhere else.

There could very well be a polybag with this Rocket at some point. I could see that selling really well. And it's feasible considering that they had to use the shorts short leg mold in a new combination of colors. Has there been a CC exclusive using a new mold color? I think there's still hope there.

In any case, I think this is nowhere near as terrible as past years. As others have stated, at least it's not the only version of a popular character. And at least the charade of the "raffle" might be over, right?

Has there been a CC exclusive using a new mold color? I think there's still hope there.

The 2012 Dark Leonardo from TMNT had a new color head. Other than that, no.

I'd like everyone to calm down and just breathe.

I agree. Though I'm also upset, a few are making seem like the worst Lego has ever done. And there might not even be a reason to be upset, as others have stated. It might just basically be a preview minifigure with a lackluster set!

Edited by TheLegoExperience

It kind of sucks to not be able to have mainstream access to this figure but $40 is a tough asking price to me. Not to mention god knows how much SDCC prices are (it cost me $65 for 3 day NYCC passes), and however long they need to waste standing in line to make this non-guaranteed purchase.

I don't think it's this time that bothers me, and it's very possible that this minifig will be in a polybag, or a Shop at Home bonus. But it's LEGO's continuation of the exclusives, and the uncertainty for now whether the minifig will appear again or not that bothers me.

Oh no! I really want that variant but sadly prices will be too high. Lets hope that this ends up like the Bilbo Baggins in the BagEnd set, that way this even better variant of rocket will be available widely in perhaps a new polybag. :classic:

Edited by Kez

I really like that new raccoon. Much better than the previous one.

If this one (in a different set probably) isnt going available worldwide i think it's a real kick in the n*tsack for any marvel superheroes collectioneurs or gotg fans.

I've given up caring about the (impossible to acquire without spending hundreds of dollars) exclusives. Bring on the Tumbler and the 2015 sets pics. :)

I've given up caring about the (impossible to acquire without spending hundreds of dollars) exclusives. Bring on the Tumbler.

Yeah, I've just about accepted defeat. Hopefully we will see some great characters come next week.

Um…Lego isn't really making "prison-suit Rocket" at all. In the prison, they all wear plain yellow jumpsuits; outside prison but before they get the red team gear, Rocket wears a different mostly-yellowish suit with shoulder pads. I don't think they're the same thing at all, judging by screenshots.

I think we're justified in being upset by this announcement, tho hopefully he'll turn up as a S@H promo or (better!) a polybag we may have a chance at getting. Hell, the ship in this set is practically an oversized poly vehicle as it is! The thing to be most upset about is the price. $40 for a 145-piece set?! With a vehicle the minifig can't even drive? That kind of 'Con exclusive' tax might even make the highest Toys'R'Us-tax locations blush.

Exclusives should be variants we can live without (Battle-Damaged Spidey or something similar), or preview figures… hopefully this is the latter.

About the only thing that might be worse is if they put Rocket in this outfit… of course, maybe it'd be slightly better, since we'd likely never get the rest of the team in those outfits so he'd be an oddball, instead of the last piece of an otherwise-incomplete team 'look'. :laugh:

I think it makes perfect sense for this to be an exclusive. What everyone fails to realize is that these SDCC exclusives are ways for LEGO to make figures/sets that they wouldn't make otherwise. Everyone acts like they're being cheated out of something. In LEGO's eyes, they figure it's better to make a figure and give people the chance to get it than not make it at all And to the people complaining that this screws them out of a complete matching team, take note that EVERY other toy line used the orange Rocket. If LEGO hadn't done this no one would have cared about getting this version. (I never saw it mentioned before) It's because LEGO announced it that everyone seems to feel entitled to receive a version of a character that will probably be on screen for 15 minutes.

I can't wait to see what this thread is like when the exclusive minifigures are announced. :hmpf:

Edited by CBMM1

I have to agree with Clone OPatra. This isn't even that bad at all, if the figure was his blue jumpsuit or his original appearance green leaf suit I would've been upset for the price to dramatically go up, but it seems like there is hope for the price since on eBay the Lego Starwars SDCC landspeeder and the SDCC darth maul set from 2012 can be found for $120-150 so it's not even that bad compared to the actual exclusive SDCC figures. (I.e Spiderwoman, Green lantern etc.)

Edited by Kire