just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I just realized that if Space Batman is an SDCC minifigure, he's a guaranteed preview. The Con-exclusive minifigures don't have exclusive moulds, and Space Bats has two new pieces, so if he is an exclusive, it shouldn't be for long.

Space Bats is an upcoming release confirmed by Parsons, similar to his GG slip reveal. I bet we are getting sets based on the game, due to Lego having to come up with a new wave at the last minute.

The Zur Bats is probably in a set with Green Lantern that was supppsed to be released this year, but got pushed back to next year.

Edited by daniel gourhan22

Oh dear. I guess that means GameStop as early as I can go come release date. I had no idea how unreliable it could be. Why can't these people be honest...I shouldn't be surprised, but it still disgusts me.

Plastic Man looks great. :thumbup: The leg printing is sharp, nice detail.

Now what happens to Space Batman and Zur-En-Arrh? I'm still very skeptical that they would make sets specifically based off of the video game.

Space Batman is confirmed to be in a 2015 set by a TT games rep.

This is pretty cool, though the immediate thing I thought about the costume is that it's nearly identical to his costume in 'Flashpoint', which is a very odd choice considering he's a villain there and does some very gruesome things. I don't know much about plastic man though so if someone could point me in the direction of another instance of this costume being used I'd be happy to see! :D

Spoilered just in case its a little graphic for some!

Plastic_Man_Flashpoint_002.jpg

I'm assuming that this may be his New 52 costume once he actually is introduced properly into continuity(he was hinted at in Forever Evil)

This is pretty cool, though the immediate thing I thought about the costume is that it's nearly identical to his costume in 'Flashpoint', which is a very odd choice considering he's a villain there and does some very gruesome things. I don't know much about plastic man though so if someone could point me in the direction of another instance of this costume being used I'd be happy to see! :D

The Flashpoint story arc takes place in an alternate universe where most of the superheroes are bad and some of the villains are good, from what I remember, so that might not be the best place to learn about Plastic Man. All I know about Plastic Man comes from the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoons. It's a fun take on the DC Universe and Plastic Man is a goofy low level thief turned superhero in the series (although he only makes a couple reoccurring appearances in some episodes). He's not my favorite B-tier superhero but I'm glad to get another DC Universe resident. I have a pair of flesh legs ready to make Plastic Man look more like his campy 60s version.

I preordered my copy of Lego Batman 3 and put down $5, so if they end up not having the minifigure my investment is pretty low. I won't cry too much over not getting the game since I no longer have much time to play video games anymore anyways. I do hope I am able to pick him up though!

That doesn't narrow it down much. Pureed food and diapers are enjoyed by the young and (very) old. ; )

I kid, I kid!

All kidding aside, was WB referring to the D2C reveal or to the SDCC Minifigure?

Another major point against a potential Young Justice Season 3 is the showrunner, Greg Weisman, has been working on Star Wars: Rebels. I hated the reasoning supposedly behind the cancellation, that the toys didn't sell well enough (Mattel should've made better toys; the 6" figures were terrific, but the way they marketed them and the character/costume selections were atrocious) and/or that too many girls were watching (not sure if WB's confirmed either of those reasons, however). It's the best action/adventure DC show they've done in years. Ack! That reminded me of another potential reason: Cartoon Network execs not being keen on having too many action/adventure toons in their lineup, preferring comedy.

The Flashpoint story arc takes place in an alternate universe where most of the superheroes are bad and some of the villains are good, from what I remember, so that might not be the best place to learn about Plastic Man. All I know about Plastic Man comes from the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoons. It's a fun take on the DC Universe and Plastic Man is a goofy low level thief turned superhero in the series (although he only makes a couple reoccurring appearances in some episodes). He's not my favorite B-tier superhero but I'm glad to get another DC Universe resident. I have a pair of flesh legs ready to make Plastic Man look more like his campy 60s version.

Plastic Man's a goofy low-level thief-turned-superhero in most iterations of his character! Good idea on the legs, may have to try that myself. I grew up watching the Plastic Man cartoon in the early '80s… next game they should do Baby Plas as the preorder figure :grin:

Has anyone here had trouble with pre-orders from GameStop? The only time I've heard of trouble with GameStop is the LotR demo disc.

Has anyone here had trouble with pre-orders from GameStop? The only time I've heard of trouble with GameStop is the LotR demo disc.

If I'm not mistaken I think that's because that was the first time GameStop had an exclusive figure. Although I don't remember hearing anything problems with The Lego Movie Video Game figure and that was also an exclusive.

Edited by elederberg

They had the LEGO weekend for backstock exclusives (the only reason I have Good Morning Bilbo), which was a wide mishap.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I've not had problems preordering from GameStop for the game and figure--other than lateness--apparently preorder means the game arrives days later. Last time I did this was for Lego Batman 2. However, personally, I'm going to wait a bit before I preorder. I don't see anything about a preorder figure on the site, and I don't want some mishap to happen where I order now and don't get Plastic Man later.

With Lego Batman 2, they said that I had pre-ordered "too late" to get a figure, but I was able to get one from them anyways. I've done the pre-order for every fig since besides Hobbit and TLM, and I haven't had a problem.

I've not had problems preordering from GameStop for the game and figure--other than lateness--apparently preorder means the game arrives days later. Last time I did this was for Lego Batman 2. However, personally, I'm going to wait a bit before I preorder. I don't see anything about a preorder figure on the site, and I don't want some mishap to happen where I order now and don't get Plastic Man later.

Ha, I was going to pre-order later in the week. I guess I can wait a little longer.

I remember when I pre-ordered Injustice, then came in the next week to find that there was a new pre-order bonus for the Red Son skin pack that I would've gotten had I waited a week to pre-order. Quite the disappointment. Otherwise, no problems.

So does that render (and voice acting shot) indicate that Adam West will be the Stan Lee of Beyond Gotham? I hope he's not so annoying, but that looks great!

Edited by 8BrickMario

So does that render (and voice acting shot) indicate that Adam West will be the Stan Lee of Beyond Gotham? I hope he's not so annoying, but that looks great!

I keep thinking to myself "Please have Gray Ghost in the game, please have Gray Ghost in the game"; but I don't it is happening. :cry_sad:

The article showed an Adam West character, so he'll be voicing himself, either as the emperiled idiot for this game and a bonus character, or to provide the level intros. 60's Bats is possible, too.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The article showed an Adam West character, so he'll be voicing himself, either as the emperiled idiot for this game and a bonus character, or to provide the level intros. 60's Bats is possible, too.

I know, but I was hoping people could use him to the fullest so he can voice himself, 60`s Batman, and the B:TAS character. But I guess it's cool that we get them at all.

I'm hoping these guys don't think that Adam West is DC's version of Stan Lee.

I'm also hoping these guys do think "Let's get this guy in a set, ASAP! And not as an SDCC exclusive, either!"