just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

So we get Plastic Man before we get Green Lantern? Fine by me

Also, how are they gonna do his stretchyness?

Also, how are they gonna do his stretchyness?

In what? The game or physically? Because in the game I would think he would play like Mr. Fantastic. The figure looks like he is in his "regular mode".

Physical version, my best guess is that they would just put some bricks between his torso and legs

Physical stretchiness? The image is what we're getting, a four-piece minifigure in a polybag. You could certainly try lengthening his body like that, but removing legs from a brick is very difficult. He is DC's counterpart to Mr. Fantastic. so I'm sure he'll act identically in the game.

I apologize if I sound ignorant, but I've never done it before, so how does preordering work? I'm going for Plastic Man at GameStop.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I didn't know how either, so I tried to find out. You can go to GameStop and just pre-order it right there, all you have to do is put down $5 (Though you could just pay the whole thing then and there), and you pick it up on the release date! However, I couldn't figure out how to do it online.

Not sure if this is the right place for this question or not, so please if a Mod could move it if necessary, but I was wondering if there is any chance we could potentially get LEGO sets for the new Disney/Marvel movie Big Hero 6? It would seem to me that the movie has the right target demographic and has a group of colorful and fun characters that would be a perfect fit for LEGO! I'm hoping to see some sort of announcement at SDCC, but I also wanted to pose the question here.

Not sure if this is the right place for this question or not, so please if a Mod could move it if necessary, but I was wondering if there is any chance we could potentially get LEGO sets for the new Disney/Marvel movie Big Hero 6? It would seem to me that the movie has the right target demographic and has a group of colorful and fun characters that would be a perfect fit for LEGO! I'm hoping to see some sort of announcement at SDCC, but I also wanted to pose the question here.

Doesn't all of this depends on if Disney wants to make sets based of the movie or not? I think it is possible.

I didn't know how either, so I tried to find out. You can go to GameStop and just pre-order it right there, all you have to do is put down $5 (Though you could just pay the whole thing then and there), and you pick it up on the release date! However, I couldn't figure out how to do it online.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Go to the store, reserve a game, and pick it up with minifigure on release. I was intending to go to a location, anyway.

Wait, we already know Space Batman is going to be a minifigure, and I see no other options for it to be released. So does this passively announce that we are getting sets based off game?

We don't actually know if he will be a physical minifig... I know an Instagram post by LEGO showed him as a minifigure but do we have any confirmation he will actually be one?

I'm betting on a 70% chance that we'll get GL.

Space Batman has been rumored, and the render seemed like it was for a physical minifig (neck loop for wings), but will they make LB3-inspired sets or have Space Bats as a preorder bonus? Or Zur-En-Arrh Batman? Or even include one of them in a movie adaptation of LB3 like Clark Kent?

I have an idea! Space Batman must be the exclusive for a Batman 3 LEGO Movie! I mean, they did Clark Kent for the first movie, so why not for this one?

Plastic Man?! Yes, please! I wish it came with something I could actually buy, though. Sucks not having the most up-to-date gaming systems sometimes.

I'll end up chasing down this figure like I did with Iron Patriot. It's just too good to pass up.

I'm so pumped for Plastic Man! He's one of my favorite characters and I was so hoping he'd make it to physical! I was hoping he would be in a set with some stuff he could turn into, but I'm okay with this!

Nice! I know who I'm pre-ordering from, though I'll probably switch out his legs for some flesh legs to make the more classic Plas, and those boots can go on Robin as they pretty much match with his uniform (minus the yellow outline).

Interesting..it makes you wonder how much GameStop had to give to get the figure since the rest of the pre-order bonuses are things you can get elsewhere at any time.

I had never heard of this figure until this game was being discussed, so he isn't a "must have." But at the same time, I do want him. I don't necessarily need the game since I still have yet to open the Marvel game that I bought only for IP. These figures get to be so expensive, you might as well buy the game with the figure if you think maybe sometime in the future you will want to play the game. I need to find someone that is willing to get the game and just give me the figure :tongue:

This is pretty cool, though the immediate thing I thought about the costume is that it's nearly identical to his costume in 'Flashpoint', which is a very odd choice considering he's a villain there and does some very gruesome things. I don't know much about plastic man though so if someone could point me in the direction of another instance of this costume being used I'd be happy to see! :D

Spoilered just in case its a little graphic for some!

Plastic_Man_Flashpoint_002.jpg

Edited by Catanas

I just realized that if Space Batman is an SDCC minifigure, he's a guaranteed preview. The Con-exclusive minifigures don't have exclusive moulds, and Space Bats has two new pieces, so if he is an exclusive, it shouldn't be for long.

Ooh nice exclusive figure, I'm gonna have to pre order the game. :classic:

Ooh nice exclusive figure, I'm gonna have to pre order the game. :classic:

I need to especially, considering I missed on the Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel Superheroes exclusives. Still haven't purchased them, but my wallet is already angry at me.

Edited by TheLegoExperience