just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Warner brothers said that they would show something fans " YOUNG and old " would enjoy.

That doesn't narrow it down much. Pureed food and diapers are enjoyed by the young and (very) old. ; )

I kid, I kid!

All kidding aside, was WB referring to the D2C reveal or to the SDCC Minifigure?

Well, we know that Plastic Man isn't going to be a SDCC figure. He's the GameStop preorder figure! :laugh:

-Sci

Nice find! That's a good choice. He's not the most popular minifigure out there, so it's nice to be able to get him somehow.

D1v1yj9l.jpg

Edited by just2good

Sweet, I have to be honest I was not expecting this. But, another Justice League member is fine with me.

Edit: Darn't just2good! Let me respond before you. :laugh:

Edited by TheLegoExperience

Well, we know that Plastic Man isn't going to be a SDCC figure. He's the GameStop preorder figure! :laugh:

-Sci

Awesome I'm guessing this will be the Game Exculsive in the UK. Thinking about it, is this the first time a all new character has been used as a Exculsive? All the other pre order bonuses were variations of existing minifigures if I remember correctly.

Voodoo doll Jack Sparrow

Lex Luthor in armor

Elrond ( Second age )

Iron Patriot

Wild West Emmet

Bilbo in dressing robes

Ye Plastic man is all new!

Hmm he has boots? That's a big step for Lego. Personally I don't mind the absence of boots or inclusion of them but its interesting to see some evolution. I guess zur en arrh batman will either appear in a set or not at all then! Fair do's.

I found a list of all the US pre order bonuses.

Amazon – LEGO Batgirl Keychain

Best Buy – LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Digital Comic Book by Comixology

GameStop – LEGO Plastic Man Minifigure

Target – LEGO Batwing Miniset

Toys “R” Us – LEGO The Joker Keychain

Walmart – LEGO Tumbler Miniset

Source: www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/14/lego-batman-3-pre-order-bonuses-are-mini-sets-mega-cool.aspx

Edited by TheBuoyWonder

Wait, we already know Space Batman is going to be a minifigure, and I see no other options for it to be released. So does this passively announce that we are getting sets based off game?

Plastic Man definitely makes sense as the minifigure. It's highly unlikely we would have gotten him in any set.

I hope there is no DLC, since they never release it for Wii U, which is the system I own. I knew Plastic Man would be made somehow! That head would be very useful for fleshie beachgoers. I don't really care about the character, but I'm definitely going to preorder.

Now what happens to Space Batman and Zur-En-Arrh? I'm still very skeptical that they would make sets specifically based off of the video game. Maybe they';ll have a Space Batman, Brainiac in vehicle, and GL set like they did with Arctic Bats, Freeze, and Aquaman. Since they make sets and TT bases the character and vehicle designs off of them, it's likely that such a set was turned into a major feature of the game.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Awesome I'm guessing this will be the Game Exculsive in the UK. Thinking about it, is this the first time a all new character has been used as a Exculsive? All the other pre order bonuses were variations of existing minifigures if I remember correctly.

Voodoo doll Jack Sparrow

Lex Luthor in armor

Elrond ( Second age )

Iron Patriot

Wild West Emmet

Bilbo in dressing robes

Ye Plastic man is all new!

Elrond was all new character when the game was realesed. He appeared in set year later. :wink:

Elrond was all new character when the game was realesed. He appeared in set year later. :wink:

But I'm guessing that when LEGO designed the Elrond figure for the game, they already new and had to have designed the Elrond for the set. They wouldn't of had enough time otherwise.

Now what happens to Space Batman and Zur-En-Arrh? I'm still very skeptical that they would make sets specifically based off of the video game. Maybe they';ll have a Space Batman, Brainiac in vehicle, and GL set like they did with Arctic Bats, Freeze, and Aquaman.

That idea seems a bit strange due to the villain not being an arch-nemesis to either heroes.

It's good to see more Justice League members, especially ones like Plastic Man. He looks fantastic, although I do have to admit I wish he was in his more iconic costume. Still, he's a must have.

What an obscure character to give away but I'm not complaining. I'm pretty excited to get this guy. I hope Lego will release some small polybag of the plastic man plane (like in the screenshot)in the future. I would buy that over a mini vehicle polybag any day.

So I've never preordered anything with a physical give away. Can anyone explain to me how it would work?

What an obscure character to give away but I'm not complaining. I'm pretty excited to get this guy. I hope Lego will release some small polybag of the plastic man plane (like in the screenshot)in the future. I would buy that over a mini vehicle polybag any day.

So I've never preordered anything with a physical give away. Can anyone explain to me how it would work?

Game is in a card board package that includes both normal game box and polybaf with a fig.

What an obscure character to give away but I'm not complaining.

He is not at all an obscure character. B-Line? Yep. But he definitively isn't obscure. You can't be obscure if you have your television show!

With Batman of Zur-En-Arrh being on the the 75th Anniversary poster, it's a huge possibility that he'll be at SDCC. I hope I'm wrong though. Nice to see that Plastic Man's getting some love.

@8BrickMario - Having a WiiU, I have that problem too. :/

That was the case with the Iron Patriot figure, I can confirm that, too :) So if one wants to keep it factory sealed you do not have to buy 2 games, you can open the game and let the polybag left sealed.

Was hoping for Zur En Arrh Batman, too. Almost impossible to get that strange one in a set... And no, he MUST NOT be an Con figure.

Edited by KCMatze

That was the case with the Iron Patriot figure, I can confirm that, too :) So if one wants to keep it factory sealed you do not have to buy 2 games, you can open the game and let the polybag left sealed.

Ok thanks! Tbh I want the figure more than I want the game. I bought Windwaker hd with the Ganondorf figure just for the figure. I don't even have a wii u lol

It's on other systems. I'd recommend the games, they're amusing, fun, and know their fanbase. And the absolute WORST SDCC exclusive would be Space Batman. I would only grudgingly forgive LEGO if it was a preview minifigure like Azog. I do like to collect the batsuits, and if SB isn't widely available, LEGO will probably face even worse controversy than they did in years before. Zur-En-Arrh I can pass, but I'd love to have it.

It's on other systems. I'd recommend the games, they're amusing, fun, and know their fanbase. And the absolute WORST SDCC exclusive would be Space Batman. I would only grudgingly forgive LEGO if it was a preview minifigure like Azog. I do like to collect the batsuits, and if SB isn't widely available, LEGO will probably face even worse controversy than they did in years before. Zur-En-Arrh I can pass, but I'd love to have it.

Yeah, they are both great designs. I think previews is something I would love. It lets people get something first, but in the end anyone will be able to get it. :classic: