just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

That would be nice, Im desperate for a green arrow in a set. There was an episode of Batman: the brave and the bold that featured him.

Loving the GotG sets and the X-men set. Great wave!

I hope we get a Rocket Raccoon Warbird soon.

I don't think we'll be getting anymore GotG movie sets besides the three we already know about.

You never know. They're already working on the sequel, and the current product is selling really well. The 2 smaller sets are selling out weekly here and the movie isn't even out yet. :grin:

You never know. They're already working on the sequel, and the current product is selling really well. The 2 smaller sets are selling out weekly here and the movie isn't even out yet. :grin:

It's extremely doubtful, especial considering how full the Superheroes line is already. I mean in the next year we will have sets based on USM and avengers 2, there's no room for another guardians set. Plus by the time it's been put in production, marvel will already have moved on to Avengers and Antman.

It's extremely doubtful, especial considering how full the Superheroes line is already. I mean in the next year we will have sets based on USM and avengers 2, there's no room for another guardians set. Plus by the time it's been put in production, marvel will already have moved on to Avengers and Antman.

Maybe when the sequel actually hits we'll see some more… would be nice to get a Rocket minifig in the red GotG uniform, presuming he ends up in one. A comic-based set (post-Conquest GotG, not the recent Bendis era) with Pete, Rocket, and Adam Warlock all in the dark blue uniforms would be fun, maybe with Vance Astro complete w/ Cap shield (and/or hooded/caped Gamora, Phyla-Vell/Martyr, Moondragon, Mantis, Bug, Jack Flagg, etc… that team was huge!)

Maybe when the sequel actually hits we'll see some more… would be nice to get a Rocket minifig in the red GotG uniform, presuming he ends up in one. A comic-based set (post-Conquest GotG, not the recent Bendis era) with Pete, Rocket, and Adam Warlock all in the dark blue uniforms would be fun, maybe with Vance Astro complete w/ Cap shield (and/or hooded/caped Gamora, Phyla-Vell/Martyr, Moondragon, Mantis, Bug, Jack Flagg, etc… that team was huge!)

And yet would be surprisingly easy to make Minifigs for. Given how many of them use subtle variants on the same uniform, or can be done easily with existing pieces.

Does anyone else think LEGO would benefit greatly if they just made Batman and Spiderman themes again and left DC and Marvel Superheroes to other heroes? Sure Bats and Spidey could be in sets tying in to the Superheroes theme but I think that'd give us more room for diverse DC and Marvel sets while LEGO can still produce Spiderman and Batman all they want. Hopefully they take an example from 2006-2008 Batman and make sets have better looking dark villains. And better non comical looking heroes. I'd really like to see how that'd go... :classic:

Just spoke with the manager at the Lego store, he can confirm that there will be a LARGE sized Tumbler. Priced at $229.99 USD? Don't quote me on price but it's in the $200+

Thanks for the confirmation @namioik. For a price like that I can't wait to see what this bad boy is going to look like. I can only hope that it'll have the capabilities that the Tumbler has in the films.

My ideal choice would be to have the Tumbler minifig size with a detachable Batpod and a Dark Knight Batman that's actually black included. And in order to sell a set at such a high price it'd have to include a semi truck with Heath Ledger's Joker.

I know that's very wishful thinking but hey, I can dream can't I.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Does anyone else think LEGO would benefit greatly if they just made Batman and Spiderman themes again and left DC and Marvel Superheroes to other heroes? Sure Bats and Spidey could be in sets tying in to the Superheroes theme but I think that'd give us more room for diverse DC and Marvel sets while LEGO can still produce Spiderman and Batman all they want. Hopefully they take an example from 2006-2008 Batman and make sets have better looking dark villains. And better non comical looking heroes. I'd really like to see how that'd go... :classic:

Wouldn't that just make competition between Spider-man and Marvel and Batman and DC themes? Why not just increase the amount of sets per wave. Maybe not as many as Star Wars, but more? I'm not sure.

Oh please let there be a Nolan Joker

Just spoke with the manager at the Lego store, he can confirm that there will be a LARGE sized Tumbler. Priced at $229.99 USD? Don't quote me on price but it's in the $200+

Man, I really hope it comes with a selection of minifigures eventhough the tumbler will likely be out of scale.

I am hopping for no minifigures as there is no way I will be getting it, seems a waste of a £200 set, imagine what kind of batcave we could have got for £200, which could have come with a cool car and lot of figs.

Wouldn't that just make competition between Spider-man and Marvel and Batman and DC themes? Why not just increase the amount of sets per wave. Maybe not as many as Star Wars, but more? I'm not sure.

Please, no more sets per year! I struggle to afford them all as it is!

that's the way I feel, one of the reason I didn't get into star wars when I got back into lego was because I had missed too much and there was too many sets I would want

My budget is my downfall to, I have given up on Star Wars just to keep up with all the Super Heroes, TMNT, and The Hobbit sets.

When do you suppose the Arkham Asylum will retire. I hope a Batman v Superman- Dawn of Justice Batcave replaces it in 2016 as the BIG set.

@Steph 104th - I would love to see a Dawn of Justice batcave! We desperately need a different batcave after the last one Lego gave us. I also desperately need an Alfred Pennyworth minifigure because I didn't get #7783. I wouldn't mind an Alfred minifig with Jeremy Irons' likeness.

Aye, my Lego budget suffers greatly from this sluggish economy. Mayhap Lego and (insert name of comic book publisher here) would benefit from designing smaller Superhero sets consisting of one or two minifigs in a vignette. Spidey vs. Aunt May, with Pete sneaking into his bedroom window in his Spidey duds and about to be discovered by May, or an X-Men set with a minifig or two and an obstacle from the Danger Room. How about Red Tornado and some trans-clear red ice cream pieces to make a vortex, and an Amazo figure on which to use said vortex? We AFOL's get the minifigs we crave, and parents of KidFOL's can leave the toy aisle unscathed with a Lego set for their children that doesn't blow the budget as badly as a $50 set. Besides, I'm into the Superhero sets more for the minifigs. I find myself complaining about the build of a lousy Sentinel when its within my ability to just make one myself. That's what Lego is all about anyway. It's a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system with which I can make my own damn X-Mansion, or whatever.

At $200 or above the set would probably be akin to the Red Five X-Wing we got... I can see that being close to minifig scale and the inclusion of any other vehicles would just make it a playset rather than a 'large' tumbler.

Whether Lego decide to put in a few exclusive figs to help sales along will be something else entirely. I could probably see a single Batman as a token figure in the same way R2-D2 was kind of a token figure in the large R2 set and also in the Red Five (even though it's the one thing out of scale on the whole set).

I was kind of hoping for a set with the '66 Batmobile, the Burton Batmobile and the Tumbler as a set of three for Bats anniversary.

Yeah, I still have to buy the Spider-copter, the Blackbird, and the Star Blaster Showdown...Maybe they should keep the set count that they have right now :grin:

It's easy to get the budget together - just skip the crappy USM sets. :wink:

I would but Electro is so pretty..... :tongue:

I just realized I still need the Daily Bugle. Was that a good set?

I would but Electro is so pretty..... :tongue:

I just realized I still need the Daily Bugle. Was that a good set?

It's one of my favourites. Definitely get it if you can.