just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I was looking at this screenshot of The joker and lex luthor and i noticed there is a minifigure next to the joker. I think it's a joker goon, but what do you guys think?

lego%20batman%203_jokerlexluthor_01.jpg?l.r=-902280427

Think that maybe we'll see a return of the big round space helmets for the new sets then? Because I could easily see them using that piece for Mysterio.

Upon further reflection, I'm a little bothered by the fact that only 1 of our 3 X-Men can fly in this set, and that Magneto has no real good reason for being included. I think that they should've replaced him with Jean Grey (who can at least levitate). I can't complain about Wolvie in there, mostly because it's a comic book costume we haven't seen yet that's actually really good, as opposed to Magneto's horrendously 70's v-neck jumpsuit. I'm not way into the dark blue Cyclops, but I'm sure we'll see a brighter classic version whenever it comes time to make another X-set. The Sentinel has gotten to be even cooler to me, as well. It's very lean from the right angles, plus it looks like a few dozen of them would form a pretty impressive but not ridiculously imposing, like if it were the size of Lex Luthor's mech suit.

Maybe. I would like to see those globes used as space helmets again, since they've recently only been used as lamp globes and actual globes. And they did use that style for Mysterio in the game, so it would be nice to see.

Brainiac perhaps in that picture?

Braniac wouldn't need the helmet, plus the lime green suit isn't his style. I'd say it's a Joker thug about to get "red-shirted".

It appears to be a character sporting a beanie under the done like pieces used for lamp coverings in some city sets.

For anyone who happens to be wondering the total cost of all 4 summer marvel sets it is $196.52 at the lego store when using Massachusetts sales tax

Big-Fig Cyborg!

not a big fig but brick built maybe how they will do hulkbuster

So is anyone else having trouble finding the new Superheroes sets? Walmart and Target are totally devoid of any summer stuff in Central Texas, and their websites say "In limited stores" and "not sold in stores," respectively, when looking at the GotG or X-men sets. :(

I'm not all that familiar with Cyborg through comics, but I don't think I have ever seen him being that substantially larger than a regular person? Could someone with more knowledge on the character tell me if he has ever appeared this large in a comic?

I've only found the new Marvel sets at Toys R Us.

The Cyborg big fig is pretty cool, but could be better. I like the way the arm cannon thing looks, but other than that it looks a little too blocky (which is ironically a problem with a Lego build) and I don't quite understand the suit's purpose? Like, the sonic Batsuit looks like it's the Sonic Suit, same with Robin's Hazard suit, but this thing doesn't have any obvious specialty, unless it's just supposed to be huge.

I'm not all that familiar with Cyborg through comics, but I don't think I have ever seen him being that substantially larger than a regular person? Could someone with more knowledge on the character tell me if he has ever appeared this large in a comic?

I'm 75% sure he's never really been that big before. Then again, I don't think he's ever had casually interchangeable suits before, either.

I've only found the new Marvel sets at Toys R Us.

The Cyborg big fig is pretty cool, but could be better. I like the way the arm cannon thing looks, but other than that it looks a little too blocky (which is ironically a problem with a Lego build) and I don't quite understand the suit's purpose? Like, the sonic Batsuit looks like it's the Sonic Suit, same with Robin's Hazard suit, but this thing doesn't have any obvious specialty, unless it's just supposed to be huge.

It probably is just supposed to be huge. :P

his size fluctuates based on artist and the needs or demands of a particular story. Most of the time he is of average height comparable to the rest of the league.

I found the X-jet at Fred Meyer, not sure if they have those in Texas... As for the GoTG sets I had to order them on Amazon...

I found the X-jet at Fred Meyer, not sure if they have those in Texas... As for the GoTG sets I had to order them on Amazon...

No Fred Meyer here.

Target.com has all the new Marvel sets in stock... some Agents too.

Yeah, was trying to avoid buying online. I really prefer buying in store when I can, but as far as I can tell the local Walmarts/Targets don't even have any intention of stocking the new sets.