just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I'm pretty sad if that happens with Invisible Woman. Imagine if they do Silver Surfer I would probably cry like I did last year about Spiderman and Green Arrow

No FF sets next year is a shame, but on a semi-related note, any ideas of the next wave of DC sets? Here's hoping for a GL minifig! I also hope that for once we could get some batman sets :wink: edit- correction

Edited by Mr_Flippers13

The invisible woman using her powers.

I got tired of waiting for Lego to make The Invisible Woman, so I made a custom. Here's a pic:

I nailed it! Also, if you look closely, I put my custom miniminiminiminiminifigure of The Atom next to her as a scale reference.

My hope is that the Comic Con superhero promo has exclusive packaging but is a preview minifig like Azog last year. As long as we know that they will be in general distribution later, we could get a Beast and Winter Soldier for Marvel and a Deathlock and John Stewart Green Lantern for DC without a lot of fuss.

My hope is that the Comic Con superhero promo has exclusive packaging but is a preview minifig like Azog last year. As long as we know that they will be in general distribution later, we could get a Beast and Winter Soldier for Marvel and a Deathlock and John Stewart Green Lantern for DC without a lot of fuss.

Deathlok is Marvel.

WOW THE LEGO MOVIE BATWING? http://brickfanatics...n-the-ucs-sets/ THAT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL.I bet we get green lantern in it. The batwing in the lego movie is huge!! Plus it seats 4-6 figures! Maybe It will have a rebuild into lego movie batmobile like the movie if this is true...

That would be interesting, and would explain possibly why we haven't seen Green Lantern in a set this year, despite being rumored since last year.

However I wonder what would characterize it as a UCS. The current definition for Star Wars is; the hardest or most advanced building challenge in the product range, which is not necessarily a definitive version of a vehicle.

I think you are correct. He uses no new pieces, and most SDCC exclusives have boot printing.

Phoenix had yellow legs with a green print on the upper front

Amazing Sony-Man had red legs with dark blue print on the upper front

Spider-Woman had yellow legs with red print on the upper front

Not a single boot print from the front and back like that Plastic Man there.

In fact, Plastic man as on this pic is impossible since the entire legs are red with the black boots printed on, meaning Lego would have to use yet another new machine to print the side of the legs, the front of the legs and across the toes.

Btw. Lego movie Batwing? Sounds made up. Even if they would release it it would be in the Lego movie line and not part of Batman line and even then it´s quite late to the party with the DVD coming out this month and Lego normally being unwilling to produce Movie merch that far after release with TDKR being the only exception right now. Best part is also how they will probably have to bait people with a minifig to buy it and Green Lantern Hal Jordan seems like the perfect candidate to be exclusive to it to annoy as many people as possible. Oh well, sounds like I just made sure we will get the Batwing.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

But they just released 3 TLM sets....

The DVD release is happening around the same time which will give the LEGO movie line a big marketing push. By the time the DC exclusive comes out all that interest will have disappeared mainly because the DVD will have been available for a few months, nothing will be coming out for the LEGO movie and LEGO will have set their sights on the next big thing.

In fact, Plastic man as on this pic is impossible since the entire legs are red with the black boots printed on, meaning Lego would have to use yet another new machine to print the side of the legs, the front of the legs and across the toes.

Btw. Lego movie Batwing? Sounds made up. Even if they would release it it would be in the Lego movie line and not part of Batman line and even then it´s quite late to the party with the DVD coming out this month and Lego normally being unwilling to produce Movie merch that far after release with TDKR being the only exception right now. Best part is also how they will probably have to bait people with a minifig to buy it and Green Lantern Hal Jordan seems like the perfect candidate to be exclusive to it to annoy as many people as possible. Oh well, sounds like I just made sure we will get the Batwing.

I know if they do make plastic man an SDCC exclusive, he will not have boot printing on the side of the leg. I noticed that with spiderwoman and spiderman. I think if they do make the lego movie batwing, green lantern will most likely be in that set.

Well, I picked up all the new Marvel sets yesterday. My favorite has to be the Blackbird (aka X-Jet) mainly for its sleek design. For the life of me, I can't stop handling Groot though. There is just something about this figure that I just adore :sweet: .

Since the summer wave is now out, I await pictures and rumors of what comes next. I heard it'll be mainly DC though, is that true? I am ashamed to say I have had a falling out when it comes to the DC sets. Getting tired of nothing but Batman sets, with redesigns of old characters (Riddler & Joker). The Marvel sets, however, always seem to introduce a new fan-favorite character in LEGO form.

BTW are Groot's rooted legs designs prints or stickers?

Edited by Cammo

BTW are Groot's rooted legs designs prints or stickers?

All lovely clean prints, Another reason groot is so great.

...Lego normally being unwilling to produce Movie merch that far after release with TDKR being the only exception right now.

Well, and LOTR.

Either way, I don't think we'll be getting a TLM Batwing. Although I find this idea amusing: WB licensing Batman to Lego, who licenses it back to WB for TLM, and WB licenses it back to Lego once again for a Batman Lego Movie Lego Batman set.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Well, I picked up all the new Marvel sets yesterday. My favorite has to be the Blackbird (aka X-Jet) mainly for its sleek design.

Agree. Great build, esp. when you consider the piece count. I think the only thing I don't like about the Blackbird set is that it doesn't at all resemble the Blackbird as I recall. But yeah, a gorgeous design and, of course, the epic figures,

So some of you like Groot?

I still have mixed feelings, Im a big fan of the Star-Lord and Rocket figs but Groot...

I really dont care about his size its just those grey parts make him seem Cyborgy

I really dont know...

I think the blackbird looks an awful lot like this in colour and wing design: http://turntherightcorner.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/x-men-days-of-future-past-movie-screenshot-blackbird.jpg?w=1024 plus it looks a lot like this infographic shape and colour wise: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130731221624/xmenmovies/images/1/17/X-Men_Blackbird.png

I think the blackbird looks an awful lot like this in colour and wing design: http://turntherightc...bird.jpg?w=1024 plus it looks a lot like this infographic shape and colour wise: http://img2.wikia.no...n_Blackbird.png

That reminds me. Apparently Marvel has the merchandising rights to the Fox X-Men movies and actively keeps merch for these movies down. The best Days of Future Past got was a couple of printed cups at Pizza Hut and twinkies. There are no action figures based on DOFP and First Class so it´s possible that Lego already has the rights but is not allowed to produce any merch, much like how they have Sony Spider-Man back but only one fig as a comic-con exclusive.

It's not much of a "Stretch" for Plastic Man to be the SDCC exclusive, IMO.

It is a big stretch for you. Lego Marvel also included the Spider-Woman comic-con design, let alone the entire spring line-up of the coming year. If Plastic Man were to be released within the next 12 months he would have a design in the game that is actually possible to be manufactured.

I think that's rather selfish of Disney. The Fox and Sony films are great films but they never have really stood up to marvel box office wise even when they had their own merch rights. I think Disney should just bugger off and let Lego make the sets they want to make! Lego bought the rights to make any marvel stuff Disney own so surely Disney should just leave em to it. DC didn't control Lego's sets this year! Maybe if Disney just let Lego make their own choices we'd have less sets like the spider copter and more of the quality of the Milano. I mean we still don't have winter soldier, ASM2 Spiderman was wasted on comic con scalpers and the closest thing we have to a good green goblin is a figure that looks like something out of BEN 10! Had lego been given control we might've seen Two Captain America the winter soldier sets, Three amazing Spiderman 2 sets and A days of future past set then the epic guardians wave which certainly makes all of the April wave look terrible! Guardians sets nailed the look,the vehicles,the character designs and finally gave us a proper interior to a vehicle. Imagine TWS, ASM2 and DOFP treated with the same care: We'd have movie spidey, Winter soldier, MCU Fury, 2 variants of cap (maybe Steve), proper widow, falcon, pierce, dehaan's goblin, gwen, Rhino, Peter parker, movie electro, Old magneto, Future sentinels, Prof x (hover chair), Future wolverine, Future storm E.t.c. Movie representation has been terrible for 2 years in Lego form.The Guardians sets and Avengers line are the only marvel movie sets worthy of remembrance. Don't get me wrong I love comic ock, Red Skull, Storm, electro e.t.c I just have never been excited by the sets after avengers other than new X-Men set and Guardians line. Marvel and Lego had better have something pretty special for Avengers 2 cause if they don't go all out on those then that will be this line's crowning failure.

Edited by legofreak86