just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Store in Houston has the largest guardians of the galaxy set

Glad to see another Houstonian on the forum! Looks like I'll be paying a trip to the store tomorrow...

Did you see the X-Jet or any other summer releases?

Edited by montyofmusic

Just got back from my local LEGO store in Murray UT and they have the X-Jet available now. The employee told me that they have all the Guardians sets and the Ecto-1 too but they won't be putting them on shelves until the 1st of June.

You think that's bad? In New Zealand it costs $100 NZD (that's $86 USD and $93 CAD).

My friend, as a Nzer, I feel your pain.

Just another reason to be annoyed at other countries. I say: haw-haw look at our scenery!!!

Glad to see another Houstonian on the forum! Looks like I'll be paying a trip to the store tomorrow...

Did you see the X-Jet or any other summer releases?

Yeah, send a pm, we could definitely be friends!

As for other sets, they did have a few x-men sets as well. I didn't pull the trigger because when I'm with my girlfriend, she only wants me to get exclusives. Small sets add no value to her

Hi i am new to this site and i see a lot people complaining about the blackbird not having enough room for more minifigures and i just got mine yesterday and all i did was add a couple tiles and rearrange the seats and now i can fit 5 minifigures just fine maybe six

Hi spoke to a member of staff at the Liverpool store and they've confirmed a 1st June release for the X-Men set here in the UK

Just got back from my local LEGO store in Murray UT and they have the X-Jet available now. The employee told me that they have all the Guardians sets and the Ecto-1 too but they won't be putting them on shelves until the 1st of June.

Good to know! I was going to make a trip up to Murray this weekend, but maybe I'll wait a week so I can pick up a GOTG sets. In the meantime, I'll have to convince my wife to let me spend more than anticipated...

Hi i am new to this site and i see a lot people complaining about the blackbird not having enough room for more minifigures and i just got mine yesterday and all i did was add a couple tiles and rearrange the seats and now i can fit 5 minifigures just fine maybe six

Actually people love it's size, it fits in more x men than there are

Most LEGO stores have the GotG sets in stock now, however they are supposed to hold off on selling them until June 1st.

My Lego store in Belgium doesn't have them yet :hmpf_bad: Lego releases and the low lands... so much trouble. the Avengers movie launched in April but we got (not even all) sets in Juli *huh*

And as for the price i think its fine for wat you are getting i mean just take a look at the city that have been release lately Edited by Wolvie90

Good to know! I was going to make a trip up to Murray this weekend, but maybe I'll wait a week so I can pick up a GOTG sets. In the meantime, I'll have to convince my wife to let me spend more than anticipated...

Haha That's funny. I was at the register with the X-Jet when the cashier told me about the GOTG sets coming out really soon. I was going to wait but I didn't want to walk out empty handed. I'm glad I purchased the X-Jet though because it's a way awesome set! Definitely worth it.

In the making of "the lego Movie" they show an inside of a Lego factory and couldn't help but laugh but in the whole segment they showed how they were making Thor from the new set... it's pretty cool thought, probably I am the only one who hasn't seen it in a video or something.

True, we already had Wolverine, and we got Storm and Cyclops, but the Blackbird isn't full yet. LEGO needs to make Jean Grey and Professor X soon. X-Men hasn't gotten the set recogniton it deserves.

True, we already had Wolverine, and we got Storm and Cyclops, but the Blackbird isn't full yet. LEGO needs to make Jean Grey and Professor X soon. X-Men hasn't gotten the set recogniton it deserves.

The bare minimum X-Men lineup is Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Professor X, Beast, Gambit, and Nightcrawler. Rogue, Colossus, Jubilee, Iceman, Shadowcat, and Emma Frost are all bonus, but we should see them all at some point regardless. The fact that we've only gotten 2 of our bare 8 so far is a bad sign.

Bought the Milano Spaceship today. Fantastic! It's a nice, sturdy build with plenty of interior and even a couple unexpected details like the stereo you see near the end of the new trailer. I definitely recommend it!

Bought the Milano Spaceship today. Fantastic! It's a nice, sturdy build with plenty of interior and even a couple unexpected details like the stereo you see near the end of the new trailer. I definitely recommend it!

Where the heck did you find it? Is your LEGO Store one of the rule breaking ones? :grin:

The bare minimum X-Men lineup is Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Professor X, Beast, Gambit, and Nightcrawler. Rogue, Colossus, Jubilee, Iceman, Shadowcat, and Emma Frost are all bonus, but we should see them all at some point regardless. The fact that we've only gotten 2 of our bare 8 so far is a bad sign.

well we have gotten 3 so far but hopefully we can get more i want a cable and a colossus

Well, I don't have a ranking list, any new X-Men fig would be really good. No more repetitions, please :) But as we just got (or are about to get) a re-release of the most famous ones, I suppose it should be all new ones in a hopefully upcoming wave next fall / year.

You're right. I thought the set was movie-based (somehow, don't know why), and assumed it was to match, but it just seems to be slightly different comic designs. The only difference is the hair which could be better, but is fine as is. I still like her, though her "storm eyes" face doesn't appeal to me much,

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think, since Fox owns Xmen rights, LEGO would be allowed to do movie costumes?

Did the store you get it at also have the other two sets or just the Milano?

One question for whoever has the new X-Men set: if you put Wolverine's mask on with the 'normal' face, do his eyes show through the mask eyes?

Yes they do. It looks just as good too.

Did the store you get it at also have the other two sets or just the Milano?

As stated a page or two back, the Houston store carried the large GoTG set, I asked manager and the other two has not been shipped in yet

I'm going to elaborate on the set a bit more because I had not finished the set when I posted before. :grin: My opinion hasn't changed, the Milano is one of if not the best Superheroes set released. The interior is very large and detailed, though I wish a little potted plant would have been included to represent Groot (but he may not do that in the film so I won't count it against the designers). It looks kind of dirty and unorganized like you'd imagine. The only downside is that of the three loose clips along the wall of the ship, NONE of them are positioned in such a way for Gamora's sword to fit. :sceptic: There are a lot of thrusters (and when I say a lot, I mean around five), including a bigger one that covers most of the back window, two poseable ones, and two large thrusters that are underneath the wings. The winged panels at the end of each wing are pretty difficult to configure correctly. It took me a couple minutes to get them just right. There are twelve NUMBERED stickers. I don't know if stickers have ever been numbered in the past but I've never seen them be. It takes a lot of the confusion out of the equation. The new Star Wars battle pack blasters are well implemented as turrets below the ship. I'm a bit surprised, however, that the new larger 1x4 brick blasters are nowhere to be seen on the Milano. They're featured on Ronan's ship, but not the Milano. It's especially perplexing considering how much room there is underneath the ship. Well, I think that's about all I have to say. Sorry for the very unorganized thoughts, I tried to provide some structure but... It's still pretty unorganized. :tongue:

Overall, a definite buy. :thumbup:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think, since Fox owns Xmen rights, LEGO would be allowed to do movie costumes?

Not technically, but they can make any costume that's appeared in the comics. They couldn't do Magneto's outfit, but they could totally do Wolverine's tank top and jeans.

Honestly, I think it's time for a new X-Men cartoon. That would get us some new figs, and it's been quite awhile since the last one.