just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Well i can see it happening, We have a new set reveal in May that nobody knows any facts about (the same month batman was created), We have seen that 66 batmobile in the picture, And it would be strange to create a new vehicle for one picture. I recon theres a good chance.

I think it's really cool that they're releasing the '66 Batmobile, at least they're doing something for Batman's anniversary that's somewhat different. But I swear, if this Batmobile doesn't have an Adam West Batman variant I'm giving up on the idea completely.

I do admire they way DC actually tribute their character's anniversaries, seeing as they have zero faith in them when putting them in media. Seems odd that Marvel doesn't make a big deal out of Spider-Man or X-Men anniversaries, but I have a feeling it might have something to do with promoting their films instead.

A 60's Batmobile! Wow! I have a Maisto 1:24 Batmobile but this Is great! I also agree with 'Thejoker1'.

I haven't heard anything about this unknown May reveal that everyone is talking about, so what is the source for this reveal that we are supposed to be getting? If it is a Super Heroes set I wouldn't be surprised if it was this '66 Batmobile, but I would personally much prefer a Winter Soldier set or something like that.

I haven't heard anything about this unknown May reveal that everyone is talking about, so what is the source for this reveal that we are supposed to be getting? If it is a Super Heroes set I wouldn't be surprised if it was this '66 Batmobile, but I would personally much prefer a Winter Soldier set or something like that.

Oh just the may TLG store calendar.

May-2014-LEGO-Store-Calendar-Front-Scan.jpg

It's an early acces for a new set. It's after May 4th so it couldn't be the Sandcrawler. My guess it's just an early access to the Ghostbusters set. But maybe, just maybe they will indeed release that Adam West Batman Car to compensate for the lack of 'real' summer DC-sets.

Based on the fact that the calendar states that the new set available to VIPs starting from 15th May is an exclusive, I think it's almost a certainty that the set in question is the Ghostbusters set which is being released in June. Obviously people are anticipating a '66 Batmobile after seeing that image from yesterday, but even if we are getting one I can't see it happening until the 2015 wave. Patience people, the set a lot of you seem to want will arrive soon enough (probably).

Well rumor is that the Adam West Batman TV series is coming to video in November, so perhaps the 60's Batmobile will be part of the winter wave. Or it could be some sort of fall exclusive. Either way I think the timing will be in a way to tie into the video release.

I am hopeful for some good minifigures to go with it. 60's Batman and Robin is a must, but I'm hoping for a Romero Joker as well. And 60's Batgirl would be a great option too. I'm very excited about the possibilities of this Batmobile, that is if it turns out to be a set or not.

That's not to say they shouldn't do the '66 or that I don't want you guys to have it, just that I have zero interest in it, unless we get a Grayson Robin figure.

Odds are it would come with classic Robin (i.e. Dick Grayson)

I think it's really cool that they're releasing the '66 Batmobile, at least they're doing something for Batman's anniversary that's somewhat different. But I swear, if this Batmobile doesn't have an Adam West Batman variant I'm giving up on the idea completely.

We'll probably get the same light blue and gray Batman from the Juniors set. Hopefully they'll at least do some unique printing to put the black on the face of the cowl.

I am hopeful for some good minifigures to go with it. 60's Batman and Robin is a must, but I'm hoping for a Romero Joker as well. And 60's Batgirl would be a great option too. I'm very excited about the possibilities of this Batmobile, that is if it turns out to be a set or not.

I forgot about Batgirl! It would be cool to get a Batgirl variant, even this soon. Given the show had 4 big villains (Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman) we'll most likely see one of them if they decide to even include a villain. Given the most recent wave includes a Joker, Riddler, and a Penguin, I think we might get Catwoman if anyone at all. Besides, she's really the only one we can't purist flawlessly, unless you REALLY want your Joker in pink with painted-over mustache.

Well rumor is that the Adam West Batman TV series is coming to video in November, so perhaps the 60's Batmobile will be part of the winter wave. Or it could be some sort of fall exclusive. Either way I think the timing will be in a way to tie into the video release.

It's no rumor, they've confirmed it a few months ago.

It's no rumor, they've confirmed it a few months ago.

I meant the November release date was the rumor, I don't think there's been confirmation on the exact date yet.

I forgot about Batgirl! It would be cool to get a Batgirl variant, even this soon. Given the show had 4 big villains (Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman) we'll most likely see one of them if they decide to even include a villain. Given the most recent wave includes a Joker, Riddler, and a Penguin, I think we might get Catwoman if anyone at all. Besides, she's really the only one we can't purist flawlessly, unless you REALLY want your Joker in pink with painted-over mustache.

Well he's my favorite Joker, so he's a must for me. And I think the brighter color scheme would look better in Lego form. I will say though if we get another Catowman I would prefer the Eartha Kitt version, both because I wish to see a more diverse line-up of characters and because I like her characterization of Catwoman (The Julie Newmar version is so easy to do a purist custom of, so I feel less of a need for her).

As cool as this Batmobile is, I will only invest in it if we get a brand new villain.

I guess there is a small chance we could get Egghead, King Tut, Clock King, or Mad Hatter, but I think Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and/or Catwoman are more likely. Of those four, I'd like to have Riddler the most, since it would be another chance to get him in a suit. I'd be happy with any of them though.

I guess there is a small chance we could get Egghead, King Tut, Clock King, or Mad Hatter, but I think Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and/or Catwoman are more likely. Of those four, I'd like to have Riddler the most, since it would be another chance to get him in a suit. I'd be happy with any of them though.

Yeah, I reckon it'll be the Joker. His current design is close enough to the Cesar Romero incarnation to warrant reusing it. In fact, I bet the figures will be the same as the Juniors set.

I would be extremely disappointed if TLG didn't exclude some exclusive minifigure with the '66 Batmobile (assuming they are even making one, which we don't know for sure yet). It would really make the set a complete waste of time and money. If they're going to make a fan-favourite model such as this, they have to provide people with some additional incentive to buy the set. An ideal set needs a good build AND good minifigures. If it's just a good Batmobile build with non-exclusive minifigures, then what's the point of it? But enough speculation. Has it been verified what the UK prices for the GotG sets are going to be?

Well I don't mind if it comes with the Riddler I suppose. As long as he is in a suit and has a question mark cane made for him specifically. Edited by Legoman123

Well I'm throwing my hat into the ring that the May exclusive is the Ghostbusters set for VIPs also... That's not to say I wouldn't like a 60s Batmobile... I certainly do... I just don't see it happening so quickly after that poster release.

I hope I'm proven very wrong though! ;)

Would be hard to do. Looks like it´s too big for a S@H exclusive (when they don´t make the car part of a bigger set like Wayne Manor, that is) and exclusives to stores like TRU and Walmart normally come at the same time as a regular wave, so it would have to be released either next year or two months ago. I think it´s part of next years wave, UCS Wayne Manor seems unlikely with Arkham still on shelves and no Marvel UCS set as well as all this talk about UCS Tumbler. But when they do release a Wayne Manor, what better work to base it on than 66 Batman since it has all those gimmicky functions already in the show.

Catwoman is impossible except it´s a normal retail wave set for January 2015, hair would use a new mould.

Well I don't mind if it comes with the Riddler I suppose. As long as he is in a suit and has a question mark cane made for him specifically.

Somebody still has hope for a decent Riddler after Lego trolled us that hard with rainbow tracksuit Riddler and his incredible jemmy? Adorable.

> inb4 somebody likes tracksuit Riddler

Well I'm throwing my hat into the ring that the May exclusive is the Ghostbusters set for VIPs also... That's not to say I wouldn't like a 60s Batmobile... I certainly do... I just don't see it happening so quickly after that poster release.

I hope I'm proven very wrong though! ;)

You are right, though.

The May 15th early access set could also be 10244, a Carnival or Fair set.

Possibly that teaser is referencing the 2015 January wave, released early in December to coincide with the 75th anniversary and the show in November would make sense. However if that and a UCS Tumbler are actual sets that would not be a good sign for those who wanted an Arkham Knight Batmobile (which I would prefer above the Tumbler and 66 Batmobile).

Why is everyone so convinced that the May 15th set reveal will be the Ghostbusters set?? It's already been officially revealed, hasn't it? Besides, the calendar specifically states that it's a new set that will be previewed.

Why is everyone so convinced that the May 15th set reveal will be the Ghostbusters set?? It's already been officially revealed, hasn't it? Besides, the calendar specifically states that it's a new set that will be previewed.

Well, keep in mind that it's not a reveal, but an early release.

Either way, I'm pretty sure it's the BMW or whatever.

Edited by just2good

Hi

Long term watcher and have just passed the human test so first timer poster

Has anybody noticed that the image on the calendar by the exclusive set is the same as something you collect in the Lego Movie game ??

Could it be the batman plane or the bat mobile/tumbler from the movie ???

Cheers

^

The general consensus is that the mystery set is likely to be either the Ghostbusters set, the '66 Batmobile or the Mini that we are reportedly getting soon. At this stage though, nothing can really be ruled out. For all we know, this could be a set that no one has heard even the faintest rumour of yet.