just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I understand that the 1966 Batmobile is iconic and whatnot, but do we really need yet another Batmobile? We already have so many, so it would just be a waste of a set to have another one, regardless of how iconic it is. This lends more credibility to the idea that DC need to give LEGO more ideas to work from so that we actually get some variety from the DC line. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here, seeing as LEGO have had to come up with an entirely new wave for next year after Batman vs. Superman was moved forwards to 2016.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

Well according to Legos twitter it will be Batmans 75th anniversary, and I'm more than sure we would be likely to see the 1966 Batmobile in a set, however the black tumbler has me wondering. :classic:

The black tumbler looks ok but that batmobile??? Take my money! (But what happened to that UCS Tumbler)

Honestly, if we're going to be getting a bunch of Batmobiles, this is the one year I'd be into it. I mean, it's his birthday! I think maybe we should get a big Bat-blowout wave with a set for each major turn in the world of Batman. We can get a Dark Knight Returns set, an Adam West Batman set, a Tim Burton Batman set, an Animated Series set, a New 52 set, etc. They can just make this year the year they make all of the Batnerds very very happy.

And then we do more DC stuff! Step away from Batman and make more sets with other characters! Go Batshit this year because next year you're quitting cold turkey!!

It would be interesting if they revealed some special anniversary sets. I could see them doing some of the most iconic vehicles and scenes.

1966 Batmobile

A small mini figure tumbler

1989 Batmobile

Or maybe just a one of set or something.

I was unaware about next year being Batman's 75th anniversary, in which case releasing an iconic Batmobile design is probably a smart move, even if the line has already had so many Batmobiles as it is. As for the Tumbler, I hope we don't get another minifigure-scale version after last year's awful version. They might as well go UCS if they really feel the need to do another Tumbler. I do hope that next year gives us more character variety in the DC line for once (ie: not rehashing villains from the old line and more non-Batman characters).

I was unaware about next year being Batman's 75th anniversary, in which case releasing an iconic Batmobile design is probably a smart move, even if the line has already had so many Batmobiles as it is. As for the Tumbler, I hope we don't get another minifigure-scale version after last year's awful version. They might as well go UCS if they really feel the need to do another Tumbler. I do hope that next year gives us more character variety in the DC line for once (ie: not rehashing villains from the old line and more non-Batman characters).

It's this year that's batman a 75th anniversary if fact the beginning of this month marks a year of celebrity for DC until next April.

The birthday list goes

Superman's 75th anniversary 2013

Batman's 75th anniversary 2014

Dick Grayson's ( first Robin ) 2015

Green Lantern's (Alan Scott) and The Flash's( Jay Garrett) 75th anniversary are also in 2015.

Is it me or does that Tumbler just look like a recolor of the 2013 Tumbler? If it is, then they just included it in the picture because it's easy. Making the 1966 Batmobile takes a bit more effort... Would they design one just for a little picture? Probably not!

The last thing we need is more Batman sets. I must have 28 Batman figures and until I can actually purchase a Green Lantern figure under $150 dollars I really don't want number 29.

That being said, '66 Batmobile would be an exception. After the Ghostbusters car it's right there at the top of the list.

I wish they'd shown more of it in that picture. The front end looks nice but I wonder if it would be wide enough to accommodate Robin as well.

While I didn't need any of the bat vehicles from this wave, I do have to say after building a few that they are well-designed. As long as they expand the Justice League a bit more, I can stand a few more of the like. Especially if they make it a classic '66.

I wish they'd shown more of it in that picture. The front end looks nice but I wonder if it would be wide enough to accommodate Robin as well.

I don't know how they could make that model without being able to fit Robin. A second seat is kind of a must have. I'm surprised we haven't had a two-seater Batmobile yet.

I don't know if some would count this as a Batmobile but the 2008 Tumbler was the first (and only) 2 seater Batmobile up till now.

I've disliked so many of the Batmobiles they've made. But that 60's Batmobile, it might just be a winner. If it has room to seat two it will be a winner regardless of what the front end looks like. DC has been lacking this year, a surprise set would be great.

As for the Tumbler it looks like a recolor definitely. It's odd that one of the biggest movie Batmobile's is ironically one of the smallest Lego Batmobiles.

I'll take a 60's Batmobile any day over a Tumbler ! :wink: (though being a SH collecting nut......I'll get any Bat-what-ever ! :laugh: )

Though that image doesn't show a vehicle in UCS just minifig......so could we see something special for the 75th year of the Bat ? :wink:

Maybe thats the new unannounced set for June?

So maybe a cuusoolike packaging to celebrate the batman's anniversary. I really hope so.

Batman 75 years! Even more Batman sets.

Ghostbusters 30th anniversary! Incredible CUUSOO set fast tracked for June! (Thanks, BTW!)

X-Men 50 years! Mediocre set that looks more like an afterthought when it could have been so much more.

Well, that 's what they get for ripping off the Doom Patrol! ;)

But seriously, the X-Men deserve more Lego Love.

Batman 75 years! Even more Batman sets.

Ghostbusters 30th anniversary! Incredible CUUSOO set fast tracked for June! (Thanks, BTW!)

X-Men 50 years! Mediocre set that looks more like an afterthought when it could have been so much more.

Well the in fairness Marvel did nearly bugger all for the X-men's 50th anniversary, so how can you expect another company to do anything for it. Plus X- men's 50th was last year anyway, along with Spider-man's which MARVEL did almost nothing with. At Least DC are making a big deal of Batman.

Those are good points. At least there's the new Storm minifig and the GOTG sets out soon.

As far as Batman goes, I really hope the '66 Bat mobile becomes a Lego reality. That was one of my first Corgi cars when I was a tyke. Someone on CUUSOO did a bang up job making an Adam West minifig cowl and Cesar Romero Joker minifig, painted-over mustache included. Phenomenal stuff!

I have a vintage Corgi Batmobile. Fun toy.

But The '66 Batmobile just doesn't do anything for me. I much prefer the '89 version.

That's not to say they shouldn't do the '66 or that I don't want you guys to have it, just that I have zero interest in it, unless we get a Grayson Robin figure.

In all honesty, the only way I would be interested in a new Batmobile (regardless of which version) would be if it contained a special exclusive minifigure of some sort. Obviously there would be a Batman variant, but to really appeal to me it would need something unique like Killer Moth or Green Arrow or Deathstroke or something else along those lines. If not, I'll end up passing on the next Batmobile, regardless of which version it is. I must admit that I would prefer the Arkham Knight Batmobile, but if we get the '66 version then so be it.