just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Good Grodd you must live a boring life. Let people discuss what they want.

Seriously, does no one get why we have a future sets topic? You guys should be in the Star Wars forum. See if we'll get sixteen pages of 2015 speculation in that thread. Try it. Go off-topic in there, and see what happens. Discuss what you want in the thread that it's for. It's not that hard people.

Seriously, does no one get why we have a future sets topic? You guys should be in the Star Wars forum. See if we'll get sixteen pages of 2015 speculation in that thread. Try it. Go off-topic in there, and see what happens. Discuss what you want in the thread that it's for. It's not that hard people.

Star wars gets like 3 waves a year though and a million sets. They have more to talk about than we do here.

It really is. Especially since I passed on the Penguin face-off set for it and haven't seen that one in-stock since at my usual local stores.

And I don't hate the Spider-man figure (though I do think he could be improved). I just don't need a dozen of them. Iron Man got variants, Hulk and Cap and Thor have gotten (albeit subtle) variants. Spider-man keeps being exactly the same even though the show all his sets are based on give excuses for variants.

I looked at the Spider-Trike online. I think it looks OK. It could be better, or simply something else(like the spider buggy), but it's okay.

I looked at the Spider-Trike online. I think it looks OK. It could be better, or simply something else(like the spider buggy), but it's okay.

For me it was one of those sets that actually looked better in pictures (despite still not looking good). In hand, it's pretty horrible, makes no sense at all, and has the most asinine play feature I've ever seen. And you know how bad some of them get.

Also, that's why I never post in the Star Wars subforum despite liking Star Wars sets. I avoid over-moderated forums, as a rule (subjective, I know, but I avoid ones that fall into my view of over-moderation).

Edited by Hrafnblod

Star wars gets like 3 waves a year though and a million sets. They have more to talk about than we do here.

2 waves a year and about 30-40 sets. I'm sure we can come up with something relative to 2014. Not 2015.

2014 discussion? Go ahead. 2015 speculation? Future sets.

For me it was one of those sets that actually looked better in pictures (despite still not looking good). In hand, it's pretty horrible, makes no sense at all, and has the most asinine play feature I've ever seen. And you know how bad some of them get.

The launching seat is really dumb. Don't think it's the worst play feature of the spiderman sets though. That stupid little street lamp spiderman web catapult thing in the new Doc Ock set is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It doesn't even work at all.

Electro is really cool, though I think I'll be using mine as an Iceman to add to my X-men when the X-jet comes out. That being said, I felt almost sick after assembling the spider-trike. Even being as cheap as it was that's the most overwhelming sense of wasted money I've had since I finished my dark ages. I don't even have any real use for the parts, and it's a worse vehicle than the shoddiest of Star Wars battle pack drop-ins.

See, I tell myself "I can use most of these parts for something" just so I don't think that exact same thing. :laugh: Reminds me of those old toybiz Spider Man toys where he was riding an atv or piloting a helicopter. Why Spider Man will ever need such vehicles I cannot say.

and the figure is good, if oversaturated. Which I think is the majority of complaints.

Certainly explains how I feel about the fig.

The launching seat is really dumb. Don't think it's the worst play feature of the spiderman sets though. That stupid little street lamp spiderman web catapult thing in the new Doc Ock set is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It doesn't even work at all.

I forgot about that one- don't have that set. Don't need another Doc Ock or another Spider-man, so it was never really on my radar.

2 waves a year and about 30-40 sets. I'm sure we can come up with something relative to 2014. Not 2015.

Regardless, the mods have been generally leaning towards freedom of discussion. Your point has been made, I'd take it up with them if you really want to keep harping on it.

See, I tell myself "I can use most of these parts for something" just so I don't think that exact same thing. :laugh: Reminds me of those old toybiz Spider Man toys where he was riding an atv or piloting a helicopter. Why Spider Man will ever need such vehicles I cannot say.

I don't build blue and red vehicles, and most of those parts are pretty vehicle-specific, so I couldn't even tell myself that unfortunately. I don't mind the vehicles, I get that it sells. Hell, I even understand a spidey-copter. If he's leaving New York, web slinging isn't going to get him far. But I really dislike the design of the one they gave us this year.

Edited by Hrafnblod

Idk, we're already scraping the bottom of the barrel here. It's great talking about how much we love/hate the new marvel and DC sets but that can only last for so long. There aren't any more sets until June and who knows when we'll hear of the SDCC exclusives. As for rumors, the GL is more like a wish list about what people want to see. I think we've all come to the agreement we want to see him and sinestro with some trans green bricks and a vehicle. I think it's time to move on.

Reminds me of those old toybiz Spider Man toys where he was riding an atv or piloting a helicopter.

Totally. If they need a vehicle, why not include Reed and the Fantasticar?

I hear vehicles are more popular than buildings, so lets get some vehicles that actually exist, instead of needing to put Spider Man on a jetski.

Idk, we're already scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

I disagree. I think this line has plenty of life left if they get creative.

I hear vehicles are more popular than buildings, so lets get some vehicles that actually exist, instead of needing to put Spider Man on a jetski.

I typically prefer buildings, but if it's an actual vehicle such as the Fantasticar or the Punisher Van I'd be 100% game.

Given how many original/obscure vehicles the Marvel theme sees I'll be severely disappointed if we never see the Thanoscopter. All I want before this license expires is an ugly yellow helicopter that says "THANOS".

The Thanoscopter is legendary.

As is the Magneto Mobile. Which I just this very minute learned was in the Lego Marvel game.

5d8c11fac9cf23ba65a9874346250b33_zps219c935d.jpg

Edited by B-Lister

I disagree. I think this line has plenty of life left if they get creative.

I'm talking in terms of discussion :grin: I hope this line lasts forever!

I'm having a private conversation with korpen now. Everyone should get back to their lives.

Shut up @korpen4444

'Nuff said.

That will be enough of that. You've been warned about this kind of behavior before and if you do it again, you'll be gone. Understood?

For the very last time, if you encounter a member behaving badly, report it. It is not your job to deal with it, it is mine. This petty bickering has to end.

Honestly thought, there's bricklink or ebay for minifigures if you don't want to buy the set, but heck I did that before and realized the minifigure itself can rake as much as buying the set so why not? Do what everyone else does and re sell the extra minifigures, or keep them in case the kids throw a tantrun and destroy you actual minifigures. , I must have two tubs of those pick a brick figures filled with extra minifigures from all the lines, it's just funny though.

The Thanoscopter is legendary.

As is the Magneto Mobile. Which I just this very minute learned was in the Lego Marvel game.

Oh man, that's freaking awesome. I'm guessing that's something you have to unlock?

D2C Thanoscopter to go with the final Avengers film.

Make it happen Lego.

I think so. I used to love the cartoon that thing was in. I always loved how crazy it was. Why would Magneto need a vehicle that was operated by his powers!?

Anybody got instructions to build it?

Edited by B-Lister

I would be well up for Spider-Man on a jet-ski.

Then again, we've already had a bike and a trike. Fingers crossed the Spider-Unicycle is up next.

Dang, what a train wreck this thread has become. I think it would immediately resolve itself if a select handful of members just started sending more personal messages to one another and refrained from using this destination to record every waking thought they have concerning superheroes.

When it's working well, there's a lot of great, knowledgable people here who share unique viewpoints and contribute to a collective perspective of the Superheroes theme that is far more expansive and thorough than any one single person's perspective. The sum of opinions and viewpoints is far greater than the individual's. That gestalt concept cannot work when the thread is monopolized.

On the other hand, we're all welcome here until we are not. EB should always be a fun, lighthearted experience to all, and who am I to criticize someone just because they're exuberantly passionate about something we all enjoy? Temperance should abound and is very much a two-way street.

In short, let's all relax, get along, and not try to dominate or steer the conversation. Let it germinate organically and be polite to each other.

----

As for Spider-Man, I think it says a lot about TLG's approach to the character that they're already hitting the wall in terms of bad set ideas and unnecessary vehicles. Sure, you need a build to go with the figs, and it's not exactly feasible to start throwing tiny scenes of Manhattan city life into a superhero set ideally marketed to 10 year olds. I suppose the Spider-Man property really isn't an ideal fit for the Lego treatment (not like, say, Batman, which at least can be vehicle driven) and it poses a true challenge for the creative minds at Lego.

Clearly they want the Spider-Man mini figure to be in every kid's collection, and they want it to be easily identifiable and consistent. "Hey Look, we're Lego and We Now Have Spider-Man." So alternate costumes or even the Peter Parker identity is absent. (I can't believe we didn't get Parker in the Bugle set, to be honest.) there has been a real push to give us a supporting cast, driven exclusively from the cartoon.which has left many of us with a bittersweet aftertaste. Sure, I enjoyed getting an Iron Fist fig, but am disgusted he came before the FF or my beloved X-Men.

I guess the question I would pose the rest of you is... IF YOU WERE PUT IN CHARGE OF DESIGNING A LEGO SPIDER-MAN LINE, WHERE WOULD YOU TAKE IT???? Let's assume that Lego didn't want any costume variants and every set had to include the same blue and red suited minifig... What sort of product line would you build around that?

To me, the answer lies in his villains. Spider-Man's rogue's gallery is truly a unique and colorful bunch, and a great starting point for set ideas. Give us an aerial encounter with The Vulture, a wooded park scene with Kraven, the lair of Mysterio, etc.

But who knows, maybe the research shows that 10 year olds really want Spidey driving a wall-crawling car with suction cup wheels!

Again, how would you build a line around Spidey?

Well, with being based of the new show, why not just have the vehicles in the sets be more SHIELD orientated? drop the red and blue for a much cooler look. Sure, have spider-man based vehicles, like his bike that came in the venom set, or the spider buggy (which I would actually go out and buy).

But yeah, the team fly around in a lot of cool jets etc in the show, so give us them in a nice sleek colour scheme and i'll actively buy them.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Peter Park and Aunt May house set yet, the team all lived there last time I watched it.

As for variants of Spider-man, have an iron spider set with a section of Tonys lab, a space spider-man set from the moon wolf, theres a lot of potential in the show for varying sets, I just don't understand why we aren't getting any.

Edited by iamste

I'm really surprised that there isn't a battle damaged Spidey, it would be nice to get one at least for some variation. Printed boots would be really nice too.

To be perfectly frank, we already know all of this year's sets barring some surprise D2C or something. We're just lacking definitive final version pictures of two GotG sets, but know their content. You're trying to stifle discussion on a discussion forum. If you want nothing but news, there are a lot of Lego news outlets. Discussion of future movie content that's likely to be the subject of upcoming sets is absolutely relevant to everything except the "2014" part. It's very much akin to all the speculation we had before the full set list was known about what we'd be seeing for The Dark World and The Winter Soldier, only I didn't see half as much complaining about it then.

So do we know if we're for sure getting a D2C set for the superheroes theme this year?

So do we know if we're for sure getting a D2C set for the superheroes theme this year?

No. There's been no rumor of a D2C coming this year specifically. We do have a rumor for a UCS Tumbler D2C, but for all we know that can come next year.