just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Does anyone remember the two GOTG sets we have yet to see?

We've only not seen one of those sets, but we're not in the dark about it. We know what it will be based on and what characters are in it. When more news comes, we'll talk about it. Same goes for Green Lantern. You can only talk about a seed of speculation for so long.

While I sympathize, we get someone at least every five pages saying "this thread has been off topic to the point of being lost for 3 pages now," but things always circle back. It only "derails" (and is still talking about relevant information, really) when there's no news to actually discuss.

Um, yeah, it hasn't 'circled back' in ages. While this thread isn't about what I want, there are places better suited for what the next batch of sets will bring(FSHs), and there are topics to discuss the MCU. While discussion of such stuff happens in this thread from time to time, it shouldn't be drug out over fifteen/sixteen pages. If I go back now, I wont find a single post about this years sets for dozens of pages back. So um, yeah, I feel the need to voice my opinion on this. Like I said, I'm not trying to mini-mod, but people come on.

I agree. Go check out the future LOTR sets. They have all sorts of future sets to talk about. ;P

I'm not into LOTR.

I'm short on time to write much, but I almost think that "rumors" in the thread title should be all-caps, because people keep seeming to forget that the thread is about more than confirmed or even semi-confirmed sets. And discussion will naturally ebb and flow further and closer. Discussing Super-hero titles that will almost definitely have sets based on them is going to happen, sorry.

Regarding the size of the Avengers cast, I'd wager the movies will (aside from having a character or two sit out each film) be similar to either the LotR series where it follows Aragorn/Legolas/Gimili and Frodo/Sam and Merri and Pippin and Gandalf each seperately, just cutting back and forth among them, or the Hobbit, with 13 protagonists. They're all there, but yeah a few will get more screen-time than the others. I'd prefer the former.

Edited by JaseTJ

At this point, there's really not a whole lot left to discuss with regard to the sets currently out in stores. Everyone here who really wanted them probably bought them, built them, played with them, reviewed them in some cases, and then added them to the display.

Come spring when clear photos GOTG sets begin appearing online, there'll be plenty of fervent set discussion going on again.

I'm short on time to write much, but I almost think that "rumors" in the thread title should be all-caps, because people keep seeming to forget that the thread is about more than confirmed or even semi-confirmed sets. And discussion will naturally ebb and flow further and closer. Discussing Super-hero titles that will almost definitely have sets based on them is going to happen, sorry.

Where are the rumors again? CREDIBLE rumors? Point me to ONE rumor that has anything to do with 2014's Super Hero sets, and I'll stop. How are we so sure that Lego will make sets about AoU? Or any upcoming MCU title besides GOTG? We aren't. And iof we are getting sets on these, we'[re not getting them this year. So it doesn't belong in a 2014 Lego Super Heroes topic.

LOL. Relax!

Rumors, by their very nature aren't always credible. And a property that has the potential to become future sets is way more valid conversation than someone repeating themselves ad nauseam.

Where are the rumors again? CREDIBLE rumors? Point me to ONE rumor that has anything to do with 2014's Super Hero sets, and I'll stop. How are we so sure that Lego will make sets about AoU? Or any upcoming MCU title besides GOTG? We aren't. And iof we are getting sets on these, we'[re not getting them this year. So it doesn't belong in a 2014 Lego Super Heroes topic.

To be perfectly frank, we already know all of this year's sets barring some surprise D2C or something. We're just lacking definitive final version pictures of two GotG sets, but know their content. You're trying to stifle discussion on a discussion forum. If you want nothing but news, there are a lot of Lego news outlets. Discussion of future movie content that's likely to be the subject of upcoming sets is absolutely relevant to everything except the "2014" part. It's very much akin to all the speculation we had before the full set list was known about what we'd be seeing for The Dark World and The Winter Soldier, only I didn't see half as much complaining about it then.

I don't understand why this topic can't last at least 24 hours without becoming an arguement. Cant we all just try and have a happy, arguement free topic for a few days?

To be perfectly frank, we already know all of this year's sets barring some surprise D2C or something. We're just lacking definitive final version pictures of two GotG sets, but know their content. You're trying to stifle discussion on a discussion forum. If you want nothing but news, there are a lot of Lego news outlets. Discussion of future movie content that's likely to be the subject of upcoming sets is absolutely relevant to everything except the "2014" part. It's very much akin to all the speculation we had before the full set list was known about what we'd be seeing for The Dark World and The Winter Soldier, only I didn't see half as much complaining about it then.

Because the TWS and TDW were things we could've gotten sets on in "2014". AoU is another year away. Save the speculation for the 2015 thread. The "stifling conversation" argument doesn't work. If we were to discuss any and everything, we'd have none of the topics I mentioned before. So um, yeah, off topic is nice for a page or two, not sixteen. Now I'm not even sure if we'll ever get back on topic.

I don't understand why this topic can't last at least 24 hours without becoming an arguement. Cant we all just try and have a happy, arguement free topic for a few days?

Because people are making excuses to go off-topic. I used to be like that, but this topic made me see, I was wrong.

Because the last 3 pages about what people would like in a Deathstroke figure were based on some credible rumor too (not) ...yet you had no problem with that! Sure we could get a deathstroke fig later this year in some secret set but I don't recall any rumors about it at all. So by your logic that didn't belong here either. When there's nothing to talk about, we find something to talk about. We've discussed the GL rumors and every other rumor far enough so until we get something with more substance, this is what we're talking about.

Because the last 3 pages about what people would like in a Deathstroke figure were based on some credible rumor too (not) ...yet you had no problem with that! Sure we could get a deathstroke fig later this year in some secret set but I don't recall any rumors about it at all. So by your logic that didn't belong here either.

It doesn't belong here. This is not MARVEL vs. DC, it's Off-topic vs. On-topic.

I did have a problem with the DS talk, did I voice it, no. but when it switches to something we already have a fairly big topic about in the Culture and Multi media section, I voice my concerns.

Korpen, it is more than likely that we shall know something about next year's sets by year's end, I'm not making excuses to go off topic, we're speculating about relevant topics.

Also, Cornelius Murdock does a fantastic job of moderating. Let's let him do his job.

Edited by B-Lister

If this wasn't a discussion board, the forum will only be filled with news of sets released every quarter and a review. ALL forums on the internetz are like this, people always speculate, leave opinion and throw in rumors about ___ said line, so it's never a dull day around here. The funny thing is this a Lego forum, so Lego at random times can release anything off the wall and unexpected. I wish that this year we can see an exclusive set tor one of the remaining months of the year. With Green Lantern.

Korpen, it is more than likely that we shall know something about next year's sets by year's end.

Also, Cornelius Murdock does a fantastic job of moderating. Let's let him do his job.

Sure, just wanted to voice my opinion.

If this wasn't a discussion board, the forum will only be filled with news of sets released every quarter and a review. ALL forums on the internetz are like this, people always speculate, leave opinion and throw in rumors about ___ said line, so it's never a dull day around here.

There are though a lot of topics for discussion. I don't see your point. But, let's just leave this alone.

Caved in and picked up the Electro set, impulse buy of the day. Electro is pretty neat and trike has a few nice pieces I can use, on the downside I'm starting to accumulate enough Spider Men to reenact the God-awful clone saga. I'm really hoping they start giving us variations of his costume soon enough.

While looking at Electro I came to the conclusion I'd freaking love a Ghost minifig. I'm talking about the Dark Reign/Thunderbolts version, I feel like that costume would beautifully translate to minifig form.

Yeah, I wouldn't go out of my way to get one. I never bought a set with the sole intention of getting a Spidey, within a bit over year I've ended up with four. He just always seems to be included with other desirable minifigs.

Like the Daily Bugle, that's just overall a fantastic build and the minifigs rock. The only 2014 Marvel set I share the same sentiment for is the Smash Lab. I know a lot of people don't like the build but I love weird gimmicky playsets, and all the figs were top notch.

Because the TWS and TDW were things we could've gotten sets on in "2014". AoU is another year away. Save the speculation for the 2015 thread. The "stifling conversation" argument doesn't work. If we were to discuss any and everything, we'd have none of the topics I mentioned before. So um, yeah, off topic is nice for a page or two, not sixteen. Now I'm not even sure if we'll ever get back on topic.

Because people are making excuses to go off-topic. I used to be like that, but this topic made me see, I was wrong.

Like I said, we already know almost everything about the 2014 sets. Until there's a 2015 speculation and rumors topic, we may as well keep it in here. We're discussing potential set material from upcoming films, which is better than discussing nothing at all, and there really isn't anything to discuss anymore with 2014 sets until final pictures leak for the last two GotG sets, or there's new SDCC exclusives to complain about. What is there you want us to even say about the 2014 sets that hasn't already been said?

Caved in and picked up the Electro set, impulse buy of the day. Electro is pretty neat and trike has a few nice pieces I can use, on the downside I'm starting to accumulate enough Spider Men to reenact the God-awful clone saga. I'm really hoping they start giving us variations of his costume soon enough.

While looking at Electro I came to the conclusion I'd freaking love a Ghost minifig. I'm talking about the Dark Reign/Thunderbolts version, I feel like that costume would beautifully translate to minifig form.

Electro is really cool, though I think I'll be using mine as an Iceman to add to my X-men when the X-jet comes out. That being said, I felt almost sick after assembling the spider-trike. Even being as cheap as it was that's the most overwhelming sense of wasted money I've had since I finished my dark ages. I don't even have any real use for the parts, and it's a worse vehicle than the shoddiest of Star Wars battle pack drop-ins.

I don't think I'll add Spidey into my collection unless the polybag shows up around here.

It's hard to avoid it, as someone else mentioned. I wanted Dr. Doom and Nova, also got Spidey. Wanted Electro, got Spidey. Wanted Venom, got Spidey.

Edited by Hrafnblod

I don't get the spidey figure hate. He looks like the pun-making teen that he is. If he looks goofy, he's supposed too. He's Spider-man!

I'm personally glad I have a Spidey figure. He looks pretty cool.

So since the X-men are currently the cheapest MARVEL team to collect, I think I'll pick up the blackbird for the actual X-men(Storm, Wolvie, Cyclops), and get the Spider-Trike for Electro(for the Iceman idea everyone's loving) and the lightning parts.

Also, the only thing I'm getting the Lab Smash for is Hulk, and Falcon. The Hydra tank I want at least four of, and I may purchase a few more Hydra guys off of the internet. I may get the Doc Ock set since my other Doc Ock is helping me make a Weather Wizard figure.

The Spider-copter. I may get this for MJ and Power man. But that's about it.

Yeah, I wouldn't go out of my way to get one. I never bought a set with the sole intention of getting a Spidey, within a bit over year I've ended up with four. He just always seems to be included with other desirable minifigs.

Like the Daily Bugle, that's just overall a fantastic build and the minifigs rock. The only 2014 Marvel set I share the same sentiment for is the Smash Lab. I know a lot of people don't like the build but I love weird gimmicky playsets, and all the figs were top notch.

I loved the Smash Lab. Thinking about grabbing the Bugle, but kinda just waiting on a deal.

Can I be the scrooge of this conversation and ask: What are you all doing?

The past three pages have contained future set ideas, how unrumored/unconfirmed figures could get made, flaring tempers, and MARVEL comics/CU discussion. Do we even remember what this year's sets are? Does anyone remember the Green Lantern rumor, or the Tumbler rumor? Does anyone remember the two GOTG sets we have yet to see?

Well? This should be titled "Super Heroes discussion 2014", because it certainly doesn't live up to it's title right now. I don't want to be a mini-mod, but I feel that this thread is lost.

Good Grodd you must live a boring life. Let people discuss what they want.

Electro is really cool, though I think I'll be using mine as an Iceman to add to my X-men when the X-jet comes out. That being said, I felt almost sick after assembling the spider-trike. Even being as cheap as it was that's the most overwhelming sense of wasted money I've had since I finished my dark ages. I don't even have any real use for the parts, and it's a worse vehicle than the shoddiest of Star Wars battle pack drop-ins.

5 electricity pieces for under $13 is very welcomed though :sweet:

That being said, I felt almost sick after assembling the spider-trike. Even being as cheap as it was that's the most overwhelming sense of wasted money I've had since I finished my dark ages. I don't even have any real use for the parts, and it's a worse vehicle than the shoddiest of Star Wars battle pack drop-ins.

Come on, it can't be that bad.

I don't get the spidey figure hate. He looks like the pun-making teen that he is. If he looks goofy, he's supposed too. He's Spider-man!

I'm personally glad I have a Spidey figure. He looks pretty cool.

I don't take issue with the figure, I don't care for the character.

The figure is well done, but I'd literally take Speedball over Spidey if given a choice.

Still, he's a huge character, and deserving of a figure, and the figure is good, if oversaturated. Which I think is the majority of complaints.

Come on, it can't be that bad.

It really is. Especially since I passed on the Penguin face-off set for it and haven't seen that one in-stock since at my usual local stores.

And I don't hate the Spider-man figure (though I do think he could be improved). I just don't need a dozen of them. Iron Man got variants, Hulk and Cap and Thor have gotten (albeit subtle) variants. Spider-man keeps being exactly the same even though the show all his sets are based on give excuses for variants.

Edited by Hrafnblod