just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

And if I remember, MODOK at least had a fairly prominent role in it. That may be part of why he's showing up more, now. Super Hero Squad Show (from my memory) was a bit more geared at younger kids; younger kids who are now right in the middle of Lego's target age group. Modok is actually probably quite well known among them.

It's also worth noting that regardless of what "tier" of popularity the characters are at in the comic world, it's really all about the cartoons now. Kids don't read comics anymore, generally. Certainly not the 6-10 age group. What kid could afford to? The cartoons are where they know the characters from, as well as the films. Any character with a decent spot in the cartoons has a decent chance of showing up in the merchandise, I'd wager.

Flacon was part of the main team

I remember at school we were doing a project on heroes, it was my jobe to go around and ask who was their favourite hero. To my suprise, one guy said Moon Knight. This just shows that people know who obscure heroes are, and that they should be made into bricks

I like Moon Knight... :wink:

I honestly think you guys get too indepth about which characters are released or not, it's obvious they are trying to milk this for a line that will span decades, since they literally can release anything they want and as many lego minifigures as they can throw at us... it feels that batman is not that popular anymore though...

Edited by eldiano

I think Batman's pretty popular- sure there's plenty who would like to see a wider range of characters, and, of course, those who just don't like Batman, but he's still incredibly popular at a wide variety of ages. On a personal note, anything Batman is a must-buy for me, but I'd still like a much wider range if DC characters.

I don't think this forum is the best gauge of general Lego/comic character popularity!

Ps. I still want Hal Jordan- come on Lego!

I think were pretty far away from a green lantern set happening but I think he definitely should (and probably will) show up alongside batman or even superman in a set similar to flash and aquaman.

I honestly think you guys get too indepth about which characters are released or not, it's obvious they are trying to milk this for a line that will span decades, since they literally can release anything they want and as many lego minifigures as they can throw at us... it feels that batman is not that popular anymore though...

I hope this license lasts years, but I worry that they'll pull the plug.

Seeing Nova and Beetle in the Marvel sets gives me hope, but I have yet to see an equally obscure DC character, save for Man Bat, and that gives me pause.

Seeing Nova and Beetle in the Marvel sets gives me hope, but I have yet to see an equally obscure DC character, save for Man Bat, and that gives me pause.

well nova and beetle were included because of the spiderman cartoon.

Edited by clutch

But these days, Nova and Beetle are NOT obscure, because they are heavily featured in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated show. Nova is part of the core team (along with a teenage Iron Fist, Powerman, and White Tiger). Beetle is a oft recurring villain.

I totally agree with you though, I would love some obscure characters in minifig form (and also some popular ones, like Green Lantern, and Cyborg).

I don't think anyone's mentioned that this guy was definitely* from the TV show Arrow, either.

Green-Arrow.jpg

But he's not available to the public anyways :/

*I mean... unless there's a comic book version of him with the hood and stubble and such... But either way, he's pretty freaking close.

He's very much a New 52 variant.

I like Moon Knight... :wink:

Of course you do, the point was that MK is a somewhat obscure character and not many people would know him

The fact that Arrow was an exclusive has me frustrated, as I love the show and really, really like the Character! Is there any chance of an Arrow in the Winter Wave?

Of course you do, the point was that MK is a somewhat obscure character and not many people would know him

Well, the only why I found out about him was because he was in Secret Avengers, which spurred me to find out more! ( Really a cool charector bytheway :wink:)

Well with Arrow's popularity nowdays maybe Lego can make a classic version of him and put him on one of the Batman sets.

As I have said before, Green Arrow is by far the best DC character (that I know of) to incorporate into a Batman set. Both heroes fight in similar environments, so putting them in a set together fighting Deathstroke or someone like that wouldn't be overly unrealistic. We are meant to get Green Lantern in a set next year. Why not Green Arrow too?

Aha! I was not aware......that means the Nova in the set is Sam Alexander!

Now I gotta have that minifigure!

Really? Richard Rider>Sam Alexander all day.

I doubt they will discontinue the licenses any time soon, because from what I've heard the line has sold EXTREMELY well.

I think the main problem is that Batman and Spider-man are what is popular right now. If this license lasts a long time (which you'd assume it would) they won't be popular forever, OR they very well will remain popular and continue to make sets for them. The big thing is I love Batman. I always have. So to have multiple rogues and Batman variants in LEGO form is awesome! So I buy pretty much all Batman sets, especially since I missed out on the earlier 2008 wave. No, I don't need the same black Batman multiple times, but they have given us a handful of other suit variants. Now only if they could do the same with Spider-man (not that I really care about him).

But the point I am getting at, even people who don't want a lot of Batmen, still purchase the Batman sets. Meaning, they will continue to sell well so they will probably continue to make them until it is no longer profitable. With upcoming DC movies that will probably still include Batman, I don't see them stopping anytime soon. Does anyone know how well Man of Steel sold since it wasn't "Batman?" I liked those figures and that movie, but the sets were pretty lackluster.

I think the main problem is that Batman and Spider-man are what is popular right now. If this license lasts a long time (which you'd assume it would) they won't be popular forever, OR they very well will remain popular and continue to make sets for them. The big thing is I love Batman. I always have. So to have multiple rogues and Batman variants in LEGO form is awesome! So I buy pretty much all Batman sets, especially since I missed out on the earlier 2008 wave. No, I don't need the same black Batman multiple times, but they have given us a handful of other suit variants. Now only if they could do the same with Spider-man (not that I really care about him).

But the point I am getting at, even people who don't want a lot of Batmen, still purchase the Batman sets. Meaning, they will continue to sell well so they will probably continue to make them until it is no longer profitable. With upcoming DC movies that will probably still include Batman, I don't see them stopping anytime soon. Does anyone know how well Man of Steel sold since it wasn't "Batman?" I liked those figures and that movie, but the sets were pretty lackluster.

I really can't see Batman becoming unpopular. :wink:

I really can't see Batman becoming unpopular. :wink:

I don't know?! It one if them things! Somethings stick around for ever. Batman has been going for a long time and I guess there have been gaps in interest. Sometimes when there is nothing exiting happening people will loose interest. Until they have a gap it will be popular as they always are pumping out new cartoons and films. Itd almost impossible to say because there are some things people say will never go out of date of be forgotten. Look at other examples such as MSN, a huge step forward in social interaction and people assumed that it would always be popular. Although it is a different scenario the idea is the same. As long as they keep making cartoons and films there will be interest.

Athough I don't care for DC stuff (Marvel all the way for me!!) I still care that other characters get the limelight so I sort of hope batman runs out of steam.

Finally my hydra tank arrived and so glad that I bought it!! Looks awesome!