just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Red Skull tank set needs AT LEAST 1 other Hydra goon. ONE IS SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH!

This. I couldn't agree more. I need at least 5 or 6 of them for my heroes to bash on.

I'm loving the Hydra Tank and Smash Lab. I'm a sucker for tanks and play sets, especially when they include dope villains. Taskmaster goes great with Deadpool, him and MODOK are both great to have in minifig form. I love when Lego does more obscure villains than the typical Loki, Magneto, Doom and Venom. I really hope they release Ultron, Klaw, Annihilus, Grim Reaper and Carnage before the license ends.

This. I couldn't agree more. I need at least 5 or 6 of them for my heroes to bash on.

I'm loving the Hydra Tank and Smash Lab. I'm a sucker for tanks and play sets, especially when they include dope villains. Taskmaster goes great with Deadpool, him and MODOK are both great to have in minifig form. I love when Lego does more obscure villains than the typical Loki, Magneto, Doom and Venom. I really hope they release Ultron, Klaw, Annihilus, Grim Reaper and Carnage before the license ends.

You can pretty much guarantee Ultron! :grin_wub: I think we'll see carnage soon as well. He's an easy character to do.

You can pretty much guarantee Ultron! :grin_wub: I think we'll see carnage soon as well. He's an easy character to do.

I'm hoping they release multiple variations of him like they did with Iron Man. Ultron has always been my favorite comic villain, so for me it'd be great to have a few different versions.

Also something I felt like sharing, when I stopped by the Lego Store last weekend I noticed both the Hydra tank and Smash Lab were incredibly low in stock or not even in stock(I had to call early that morning to put a Lab on hold since they were selling out), but all three Spidey sets looked almost untouched. Same thing when I went to Toys R Us later that same day, low stock on both Avengers sets but a pretty good amount of Spidey. I'm personally starting to think the sets may be slowly loosing their appeal, but that's just my opinion. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Edited by LipanConjured

I'm hoping they release multiple variations of him like they did with Iron Man. Ultron has always been my favorite comic villain, so for me it'd be great to have a few different versions.

Also something I felt like sharing, when I stopped by the Lego Store last weekend I noticed both the Hydra tank and Smash Lab were incredibly low in stock or not even in stock(I had to call early that morning to put a Lab on hold since they were selling out), but all three Spidey sets looked almost untouched. Same thing when I went to Toys R Us later that same day, low stock on both Avengers sets but a pretty good amount of Spidey. I'm personally starting to think the sets may be slowly loosing their appeal, but that's just my opinion. Anybody else have a similar experience?

I hope your right!! Out of the new spiderman sets we get 1 new villain (electro) but is in his wierd blue form where as I'd prefer original yellow and green, 2 remakes (doctor octopus, which has only recently released anyway and green goblin which shouldn't be a bigfig - much prefer original human size) Then three more spideys which will be added to the pile!! Okay so I like mary jane and powerman but I have little to no use for a truck driver (from doc oc set). Plus three almost useless vehicles.

Then in avengers we get three new bad guys, New hulk, New thor, Brand new falcon and hydra soldier. Spiderman barely puts up a fight!! I hope that other marvel heroes get a chance at the lime light. I enjoy all of the avengers stuff because there are hundreds of characters that are members! Hopefully maybe a LEGO set or two based off Agents of S.M.A.S.H because more bigfigs are good in my book! (As long as they are not Goblin)

Then again just my opinion!! Also still no luck on any of the new mavel sets but hopefully I might pick them up this weekend.

Ultron is my favorite as well! Hence the picture :P They might include his variations but that depends if he has any in the movie. Ultron's pretty famous for upgrading himself so I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't do it at least once. And about the spider-man sets, maybe if they stopped making all of the sets with the same color schemes and included VARIATIONS of his freakin suit they'd sell better. I don't understand what they don't get about that?

I have noticed this as well. Both in store aisles, and online inventory of various retailers.

Personally - I think it's a combination of things. The Avengers sets have more new, attractive characters in them. Many are already underwhelmed with the design and price of the Copter (personally I'm going to grab one... On sale eventually). But mostly the lack of variety in Spidey himself. There are already several Spider-man minifigs, and they are all identical. Even Batman has variances/different suits to make getting another one not so horrible.

I like the idea of them making sets based on USM. There are tons of great characters they could do (And I like they even threw in a classic Doc Ock). Hopefully next wave will see White Tiger so we have the core team. But at least for me, I'm not very interested in any new Spidey's that aren't variants (Iron Spider, Scarlet, Black Suit, etc).

People want an army of characters, not the same guy (Spider Man) over and over.

When it's the exact same figure, it's boring, unless it's a trooper.

Avengers sets feature more characters. Give people something they don't have, and they'll snap it up.

But if you already have a Spider Man, you reduce the appeal of the trike by 50% If you don't like Modern Electro, that's 100% because the build is no draw at all.

If that had been Spidey in Stark Armor, you appeal to those who don't have Spider Man, those who like Iron Man, and those who already have a regular Spider Man, thus increasing the appeal by 150%

Edited by B-Lister

I hope your right!! Out of the new spiderman sets we get 1 new villain (electro) but is in his wierd blue form where as I'd prefer original yellow and green, 2 remakes (doctor octopus, which has only recently released anyway and green goblin which shouldn't be a bigfig - much prefer original human size) Then three more spideys which will be added to the pile!! Okay so I like mary jane and powerman but I have little to no use for a truck driver (from doc oc set). Plus three almost useless vehicles.

I honestly feel the exact same way, man. One could make a case for the new Doc Ock since it's without a doubt the most definitive version, but it still feels like a bit of a wasted slot along with bigfig Green Goblin. Kraven, Lizard, Shocker, Mysterio, Vulture, all of those would have been great new alternatives. At least Electro is a unique fig, even if I'm not too big on the look.

I gotta say, compared to last years Spider Man sets, this year has been weak. Last year we saw three new villains and two new heroes added to the roster, compared to this years one new villain and one new hero. I'd assume the amount of new characters would increase per year..

Maybe there will be one or two new sets we don't know of in some sort of winter wave, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also I completely agree on the Spidey variants. I'd like some new suits that aren't going to be overpriced con exclusives.

Edited by LipanConjured

I think personally it may mainly be down to what's happening with TV. At the moment Ultimate Spider-man is between seasons and while I'm sure it's being rerun, I doubt it's in prime time slots. Avengers Assemble and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH are currently in the middle of their seasons. This might express the intrest in those sets as every Saturday ( or whatever day it is) Kids will see new adventures of those characters, and will but Spidey to one side. It's a smart marketing push, get kids interested in half the sets and when they lose interest in Avengers already have Spidey sets on Shelves.

I'm sure the Spidey sets will move when Disney start the Spider marketing train up again, most likely near the time of the new film and season three of USM.

In the March magazine, theres a comic for marvel, and they show the A.I.M Lab. Also they show a A.I.M minifigure. I think we might see one soon. It looks really cool.

Although, I do remember in one of the catalogs had many of Tony Stark's Iron Legion suits. However, it did say "Minifigures not released in sets", or something like that on it, and in this one it doesn't. I hope this A.I.M. polybag set comes true.

Personally, I think the Spider-shelfwarmers directly result from Lego customers being tired of the same Spider-fig. As someone posted earlier, there's little incentive to get the trike set.I bought it for Electro since he closely resembles Iceman.

And speaking of The X-Men, did anyone see the recent episode of Avengers Assemble that featured Mojo, a big (both in size and nastiness) X-Villain from, where else? Mojoworld. Spoiler alert:

It features a Hulk/Hawkeye mighty Marvel Team-Up, where they are trapped in an intergalactic gladiatorial tournament. The icing on the proverbial cake is the cameo appearances of a Brood Queen as one of the opponents. The Brood are one of the all-time greatest enemies of the X-Men. So, hopefully, since we can't get any new villains in an X-Men set, maybe Mojo will show up in an an Avengers set, like Taskmaster. A Brood queen would be, in a word, amazeballs. But I won't push it.

Edited by Colossus

So according to Batman vs. Superman's lead costume designer, we may be getting some pics of the new suits in a few weeks. That is unless he was talking about some other photoshoot, in which case I'll be sad. I finally saw the LEGO Movie last night, too, which was amazing. I still really want that Batmobile. The Spider-Man sets are understandably lower in popularity, in part due to the crappy builds and same Spidey, but I'd say also a bit at the fault of the PR teams at Marvel. Captain America 2, which doesn't come out for another month, is already making a big splash in the media, which seems to have blown Spider-Man out of the water. I'm getting the Spider-Trike for that Electro figure, and maybe the Doc-Ock truck eventually, but that Spider Copter is very unlikely. For once I'd much rather just buy the figs instead of the whole set. I'll pass on Goblin for now. If only one of these Spider-Men (Spider-Mans?) was superior to those before it... Or Miles Morales, please can we not have a Miles Morales??? More than anything I just want these guys out there as a promise that they won't be Comic Con exclusives, honestly.

As for an AIM polybag, I'm all for it, so long as it's a) easily available and b) affordable.

More Hydra! More AIM! Polybags would be awesome.

We need more hydra guys for the heroes to wail (that's the right word, right?) on. And I mean both sets of heroes. A battle pack would be cool, but we can only hope they're put in more sets, or I'll be getting four Caps.

Battle packs, CMF in polybags, how hard is it to release new and exclusive characters? I must have like 10 versions of iron man, about 20 spider man, and a bunch of batman I can't even count... They should make this like star wars, maybe this franchise will stretch on like star wars, then we might like the same amount of mini figs...

please can we not have a Miles Morales??? More than anything I just want these guys out there as a promise that they won't be Comic Con exclusives, honestly.

So wait, I'm confused.....you DO want Miles Morales?

I'm just watching the AA show, and I realized something.

Mojo=Monghul.

Either way, if marvel could get a couple LoTR type polys, that would be great.

Think about it: AIM Dude with small table, computer and chemistry set, Hydra goon, with, er, something! That's something I would LOVE from MARVEL. I might collect it more if it did that.

If Mojo = Mongul, he's a low rent, bargain basement Mongul.

Mongul is a certified badass.

That my friend, is a certified truth.

I'm so excited cause my MM order comes today!!! Can't wait to build him and the 2 avengers sets.

I've got my Martian Manhunter coming in the mail and although I'm way excited to get it, my JLA just isn't going to be complete without Green Lantern. GL is way more essential than MM. I've been watching the Justice League animated series and I'm a huge MM fan but I can't help but feel disappointed that I don't have a GL minifig yet. C'mon LEGO, step it up already! We got a Modok minifig for heaven's sake. Give us the emerald knight already...

Edited by Moon_Knight

So wait, I'm confused.....you DO want Miles Morales?

Yes, I very very much want him. I worded that weird, though, sorry.

My Martian Manhunter should be in today, too. I'll have to wait a bit longer on Damian and Batgirl, though. I think LEGO might have something pretty awesome planned for GL, which is why we haven't seen him just yet. Either that or it's the market's Green Lantern phobia. DC just put out a new line of action figures of the whole Justice League in their New 52 costumes. The only missing members were Wonder Woman (because apparently boys hate girls and have no use for them *eyeroll*), Cyborg (the only racial diversity whatsoever was somehow excluded??), and Green Lantern. Apparently that phobia is still pretty strong. I hope we get Sinestro, though, with the hairpiece he had in the Batman 2 game. Then maybe we could get Beast Boy, or who knows who else. Those pointy ears would make things so much better.