just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Wait, so now that we have Green Lantern presumably in the line, who do we have left to complain about not being here? I'm going to suggest Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

We need Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl next, then Green Arrow, Black Canary, Dr. Fate, ect.

As far as the whole boot printing topic - I think that TLG will eventually give us boot printing for Superman, Flash, ect. and that by putting the 'boot-ed' minifigures in new sets they sell more sets due to people buying the set because of said boot printing, and the appeal is still there for new fans of Superheros who didn't get the first incarnation. Sounds like a win-win for TLG to me.

We need Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl next, then Green Arrow, Black Canary, Dr. Fate, ect.

As far as the whole boot printing topic - I think that TLG will eventually give us boot printing for Superman, Flash, ect. and that by putting the 'boot-ed' minifigures in new sets they sell more sets due to people buying the set because of said boot printing, and the appeal is still there for new fans of Superheros who didn't get the first incarnation. Sounds like a win-win for TLG to me.

The Hawks and Green Arrow need to be on their way for sure. As far as Doc Fate and Black Canary, they could wait a bit. I'd like to see Zatanna, Blue Beetle (either classic or modern), Booster Gold, Captain Atom, the Atom, and Plastic Man.

Looks like LEGO did a great job recreating the Milano. :thumbup:

A member of FBTB found a better image of the Green Lantern light.

12611988784_5076d95dbf_o.jpg

If this is a figure we'll be getting, the mask looks sort of funny, but I'd take it anyway....

The Green Lantern LED light is starting to feel like bullying- they need to give us a green lantern set already (I'll do them a deal, they can include 4 batmen in the set, all black and yellow ones and I'll still buy it

On a semi-related note, I still hope for a Lego movie green lantern too, either with the dvd or a polybag like Martian manhunter, complete with gappy teeth.

The Green Lantern LED light is starting to feel like bullying- they need to give us a green lantern set already (I'll do them a deal, they can include 4 batmen in the set, all black and yellow ones and I'll still buy it

On a semi-related note, I still hope for a Lego movie green lantern too, either with the dvd or a polybag like Martian manhunter, complete with gappy teeth.

Yeah, it almost gets insulting to start seeing his minifig in other forms like the light but they can't be bothered to put him in a set. :hmpf_bad: I'm with you, hoping we still see him with the blu-ray release or something like that. It's looking increasingly likely we might somehow get him this year, which would finish off the "classic" Justice League lineup (even if MM and some others are in their new-52 forms).

There has just been a leaked photo of the TMNT film sets. So hopefully we will see one of the GOTG sets as well. Fingers crossed. :grin::thumbup:

I like the new style of boot printing to a point, but it bothers me that it's not printed on all sides. With the new molding technique being used for sleeves and whatnot in the Simpsons line I honestly think they should just use the same process to mold on boots.

There has just been a leaked photo of the TMNT film sets. So hopefully we will see one of the GOTG sets as well. Fingers crossed. :grin::thumbup:

Here's hoping. Would love to see the $20 set. Plus a better look at Groot and Rocket would not go amiss, either!

I like the new style of boot printing to a point, but it bothers me that it's not printed on all sides. With the new molding technique being used for sleeves and whatnot in the Simpsons line I honestly think they should just use the same process to mold on boots.

I don't mind the classic front-only printing, but the newer style like Wonder Woman has is nice, too. I doubt we'll see the new molding for Simpsons sleeves on standard legs, though. Short legs are one thing, only having holes on the bottom, it might be harder to do with standard ones.

I'm liking the look of that Green Lantern flashlight that we're getting. If we don't get that as an actual minifigure, this would be pure evil for LEGO to mock us like this by showing this new design but never giving it to us in a set. Hopefully we get this Green Lantern next year in a good quality set, and preferably one without the presence of Batman (though this is obviously highly unlikely based on what DC sets we have had so far).

Went out today to go and see the LEGO Movie (Great by the way, not sure if you have heard of it...) and went into the Entertainer and the LEGO store to buy some of the new Marvel Sets. This was at about 5:30 and the stores were closing. As I was searching in the Entertainer (UK Toy shop if you didn't know), I saw a stack of sets and when I moved closer I saw that is was the new DC sets that were being put up for sale (presumably for the next day). But no sign of the Marvel sets. I asked someone in the shop but he wasn't from the 'construction toys' section and so didn't offer any help. I wanted to go back in to ask someone else but we ran out of time. No luck with the marvel sets yet in the UK :(

I want to see the $20 GOTG too, don't really know anything about GOTG but I usually pick up the £20 sets as they are good and might be nice to get 3 new figs so it will be good to see.

How big are those LED key chains?

a taste for things to come!

Edited by eldiano

So are we putting another DC set that has somehow been kept extremely secret back on the table now? Or are we just going to assume that this is preemptive of next year's sets? The former seems most likely in my opinion, as Marvel getting a whole second batch of sets in the middle of the year and then that Green Lantern showing up without any sign of him being in a set. It only makes sense that Lego has been hiding something from us very well for later on in the year.

How big are those LED key chains?

If memory serves, about 2-3 inches tall.

Just ordered the lab set, it says it should be arriving by Thursday so hopefully it will look as awesome in real life. Can't wait to have a Lego MODOK (I can't believe I just said that).

That Hulk Lab Smash has been sold out since I got it last week, the store says everytime they get stock they are out instantly. I got the Defend the batcave junior's set and love the Justice League/Batman 66 colors, so much I replaced them in my justice league display from the old ones.

That GOTG trailer is promising, albeit brief. Nebula and Drax look great. Can't wait to see what the minifigures look like. I wonder when we'll get a better reveal?

So are we putting another DC set that has somehow been kept extremely secret back on the table now? Or are we just going to assume that this is preemptive of next year's sets? The former seems most likely in my opinion, as Marvel getting a whole second batch of sets in the middle of the year and then that Green Lantern showing up without any sign of him being in a set. It only makes sense that Lego has been hiding something from us very well for later on in the year.

I think so. I've researched the company which made the LED light and it looks like they've made various lamps and flashlights based on LEGO Star Wars, DC, Chima, Ninjago, City, The LEGO Movie, and Friends. Basically, there are dozens of lights and each of them, aside from Green Lantern, is pretty spot-on to minifigures who have actually appeared. It would be really odd for them to make one character who wouldn't be available elsewhere, and I imagine that would infringe on some licensing deal. And if GL weren't coming this year, then the light probably wouldn't show-up until next year, or at least much later in this year. I think it's a pretty safe bet that GL will finally appear sometime this year, probably in an exclusive like the TMNT set.

Tonight, that was just a teaser for the trailer tonight, I hate how the industry has moved towards this dirty tradition where trailers spoil the whole movie and there's a trailer for the trailer, for the movie... Back then you went to the movies and saw the trailer and that's it!!!

Whoa so I want to know where they get that design, That robin in the LED set is from the juniors set, What if the green lantern comes out that way?

Love how the GL light is smirking...it knows our pain :laugh:

It's almost taunting. 'Want me? Well you're not gonna get me, so tough'. Very Hal Jordan though. Seriously hope we do get a GL. I was lucky enough to pick up a Christo GL, but that's the movie version. If Lego make one, and it's classic, I will be happy indeed. And whilst characters like the Hawks are needed, I'll bet my annual lego budget that we see Cyborg and/or GA in a set next (excluding GL of course).

Edited by The Brigante