just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

It trips me out how much attention folks pay to that system.

Cuusoo isn't really a good indicator of interest. It's more like a popularity contest. Folks that use social media to advertise end up getting hundreds (or even thousands) of votes from people that don't even purchase LEGO products, and won't buy the one they voted for.

Oh sorry, we never knew you worked with TLG to know that kind of information. Go and inform them that the 10k threshold should increase to a higher amount due to your speculation

Edited by namioik

Well, from a Marvel fans opinion:

I'm not “keen” on the UCS Tumbler for a number of reasons. First, as so many others have stated, I feel its such a waste of a set, there are so many other things, Marvel and DC, I would prefer. Secondly, UCS suggests non mini fig scale, something I rarely buy. Not that I wouldn’t of wanted a regular set, minifig scale. And finally, like I said, it's Batman. With the exception of anything Frank Miller related it would take a very good set for me to buy any more Batman, ever.

As for what they could make, D2C Marvel wise, being limited, I here? Helicarrier? UCS Sentinel? Avengers Mansion? Shi'ar starship? The Starjammer? Skrull starship? Kree starship? Brood living starship? Danger Room/other underground rooms in the X-Mansion? Classic Quinjet? Baxter building? Castle Von Doom? Kang's time pod? UCS Watcher? UCS Giant Man/Goliath/Power Man? Asteroid M? UCS Galactus with one of his machines and heralds? Hydra Island? Doctor Strange's secret sanctum? Death's palace? UCS Blackbird?

No offence, DC fans, but you've got Arkham, let us Marvel fans get a big set for once. Your time will come when JLA gets released.

Except at least ten of those things(like Kang's pod) would be a living waste of time. And the UCS vehicles I would leave for Star Wars.

What the hell even is a watcher? I get the Sentinal, I mentioned X-mansion(like a hundred times),Avengers Mansion, The Helicarrier, Baxter Build, and the Kree and Skrull ships. MAYBE Castle Von Doom, and Galactus. But the rest? Please.

I think he meant sets that were likely to be produced, the Avengers Tower is probably what he meant by Mansion, and Dr. Doom's tower is the only likely one of those you mentioned to get made.

Yes I did.

And Dr. Doom's tower is the only set in his post that interested me.

I was like, half-kidding. We should definitely stop buying Batmerch for a few months to shock DC, because I know that if we get big enough we can really affect the market. Although, I'd suggest doing this after buying the new Batman sets and Son of Batman, because really those are all looking pretty great. After that, it's simple. We kill the Batman. :devil::grin:

"Hey, let´s stop buying Batman Lego! But not before we buy the latest Batman Lego."

You realize that you couldn´t buy further Batman lego after the recently released four sets even if you wanted to, because there is nothing else getting released or made until the UCS Tumbler and the 2015 wave?

Why even buy the new sets? Aren´t those new sets not exactly the reason why we think Lego DC is crap? Scuba Batman and Arkham Penguin are very meh, Beware the Batman is already cncelled so who gives a crap about the Batmobile? I would rather wait for a Flash fig based on a movie or show than buy a 35€ set for a single fig. Riddler and his Dragster are the worst thing I have seen since the early Star Wars Battlepacks design-wise. Manhunter, red Nightwing, Batgirl and Damien are all New 52 designs so who gives a damn? Really, comic book designs for toys aimed at children? Only 2% of the sales go to people below 18 (which is still weird with suicide drawing contest for Harley and ripped off face Joker) and the majority of comic fans prefer older designs anyway. Some of you guys maybe have a case with Nicholson Joker minifig but then you get to the point where you realize that a wave of 4 full sets still only gives you a single worthwhile figure. Isn´t that enough motivation to finally stop buying this stuff?

I for one am way ahead of you and wait until they make some more builds or characters that are actually well designed.

It trips me out how much attention folks pay to that system.

Cuusoo isn't really a good indicator of interest. It's more like a popularity contest. Folks that use social media to advertise end up getting hundreds (or even thousands) of votes from people that don't even purchase LEGO products, and won't buy the one they voted for.

Cuusoo seems like a great idea in theory, but right now, it's only seems to be used to explore pop culture licenses in one form or another. No super hero set is ever going to win (they'll say it conflicts with an ongoing/planned project).

That said, I'll be pretty irked if the next D2C super hero is DC. We've got Arkham already. It's Marvel's turn. (And as much as I am looking forward to getting a Martian Manhunter - a polybag figure was Marvel's turn also).

But we'll see. It's evergreen and stuff now. So in only 10 or 15 years there is a chance that not every DC will be Batman-centric, and not every Marvel set will be Spiderman/Avengers-centric :D

Well the "conflicting" excuse is somewhat understandable. The only sets about existing licenses that got 10.000 were the Sandcrawler and Tumbler. The Tumbler is already available in minifig scale (albeit camo colorscheme) and a completely different design of the same vehicle available at the same time would just confuse customers. The Sandcrawler is apparently also an upcoming UCS set for this fall.

We should vote for something that´s not in the pipelines like maybe all those building and bases you guys mentioned on the last few pages? X-Mansion would be a start.

Cuusoo is somewhat indicative of what is popular, the big problem is only that there are apparently only 5000 AFOLs and TFOLs that care to vote for projects at which point internet bloggers and project specific campaigns on other sites take care of the other 5000 votes. You guys only have yourself to blame when you don´t even visit Cuusoo but then again it´s understandable with the weird way in which you can´t just look at random projects and have to use search words. And of course there is the hurdle that no set can have new molds.

I think the polybag and D2C may be because 2015 will be the year of Marvel with Avengers 2 and Ant-Man coming out within 2 months of each other and now that Batman/Superman was pushed to 2016 it would make sense to just swap place with DC so both companies can use those promotions to actually promote their current projects.

If we get Galactus, we will probably get him with his most notable herald, Silver Surfer. Most likely the minifig statuette will be a stand-in, given the scale difference. I would much prefer the early Guardians of the Galaxy herald, Fire Lord. He was a Guardian before he became herald.

The comics I am referring to, though, are part of an aborted future timeline in which Vance Astro did not become a hero on Earth before becoming Guardian of the Galaxy. The Rambo-looking Major Victory or the adamantium suit Major Vance Astro carrying the Captain America shield will likely never be made.

Lego has the parts to create the Sorcerer Supreme Krugarr, but that's very unlikely as well.

"Hey, let´s stop buying Batman Lego! But not before we buy the latest Batman Lego."

You realize that you couldn´t buy further Batman lego after the recently released four sets even if you wanted to, because there is nothing else getting released or made until the UCS Tumbler and the 2015 wave?

Why even buy the new sets? Aren´t those new sets not exactly the reason why we think Lego DC is crap? Scuba Batman and Arkham Penguin are very meh, Beware the Batman is already cncelled so who gives a crap about the Batmobile? I would rather wait for a Flash fig based on a movie or show than buy a 35€ set for a single fig. Riddler and his Dragster are the worst thing I have seen since the early Star Wars Battlepacks design-wise. Manhunter, red Nightwing, Batgirl and Damien are all New 52 designs so who gives a damn?

These sets are not crap! A lot of us enjoy these sets. BTB suit variant is great for people who want a B:TAS type suit. Like me. Penguin set is cute, and great for those who can't get the asylum. As long as we have batgirl, Nightwing and robin 5, who cares about New 52. I like New 52! I don't have a Batmobile, Lego IS making great sets. I don't really think you realize that "crap" is relative. I make a lot of custom figures that may look like "crap" to you, but to others, my customs might be pretty good. There are people who, like me, enjoy all of these sets. We don't think they're crap. If I remember correctly, just2good, you said you like the Riddler dragster, correct?(it may have been someone else, correct me if it is) Maybe you could try not to state things that "these sets are crap" so matter-of-factly. :hmpf_bad: Like I said "crap is relative, and some crap is cool.

Don't speak for everyone, sir. You will fail.

Edited by korpen4444

I, too, like the Penguin in the small set. He makes a good stand in for the Danny DeVito role. The Joker in the Steamroller set is a good Jack Nicholson variant, the set being based on the comic that the first Keaton Batman movie was based on.

Now if we could only get the Michelle Pfeiffer variant of the Catwoman suit, I'd be happy. She's my favorite, because she was completely psychotic.

These sets are not crap! We all, except for you, enjoy these sets

Don't speak for the masses, sir. You will fail.

I dont like those sets either. So i gladly remember you to your own statement: dont speak for the masses.

Now can we please get back to actual rumours?

These sets are not crap! We all, except for you, enjoy these sets. BTB suit variant is great for people who want a B:TAS type suit. Like me. Penguin set is cute, and great for those who can't get the asylum. As long as we have batgirl, Nightwing and robin 5, who cares about New 52. I like New 52! I don't have a Batmobile, Lego IS making great sets. If you don't think so, just stay out of the discussion and let people enjoy what Lego has to offer! :hmpf_bad:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There is no need to react like that at all. What you are saying is that if you give a bad opinion on the sets then you should not be aloud to comment. Edited by Legoman123

Are there any more toy fairs coming up besides NY's? I was hoping we would see more of the Marvel Summer sets soon.

Edited by Colossus

These sets are not crap! We all, except for you, enjoy these sets. BTB suit variant is great for people who want a B:TAS type suit. Like me. Penguin set is cute, and great for those who can't get the asylum. As long as we have batgirl, Nightwing and robin 5, who cares about New 52. I like New 52! I don't have a Batmobile, Lego IS making great sets. If you don't think so, just stay out of the discussion and let people enjoy what Lego has to offer! :hmpf_bad:

speak for yourself, not everyone else. And he is entitled to say that he is not a fan of the sets. Personally I like them, I got the Riddler Chase as an early Valentines day present and enjoyed the build and the batmobile especially. But, I would have still preferred more variety in sets and at least 1 non-batman set. 2 batman sets and 2 Justice league sets would have been better. The more expensive JL set could have included batman and then maintained the batman appeal. You sound like a bit of a lego discussion fascist when you tell someone that they should not say anything unless it's positive.

Korpen thinks he is funny. He already almost got a great thread shut down a few days ago with his "humor". :thumbdown:

Thing is, Korpen, there are many, many of us that can't stand the newer sets, especially, in my case, the DC side of things. I am not a part of some big boycott or conspiracy, I only know what my purchase history is. When the Super Hero line came out, I was ga-ga and for a long time, bought everything with that logo, even if I wasn't crazy about the set. I wanted my wallet to show I was happy they were even doing these sets. The amount I've purchased has, however, dwindled to the point of not buying ANY of the new Batman sets. I have become increasingly dismayed about the state of this line and just won't spend my money on a red Nightwing, Man-Bat (easy to make a better purist custom, with ripped jeans!), more Batmobiles, rehashed villians (Joker, Penguin and Riddler ALL came out in the last 1.5yrs!!), etc. I'm just not buying it. End of story. Expand DC, beyond the current scope: One new JL member a year, in a set completely unrelated to that character? Uh, no.

When the TLGDisneyTimeWarnerFoxABCetc committee figures it out, I'll be here, cash in hand. Cool locations, recognizable vehicles, variety of mini-figs. Nuff said.

Yeh bring on Batman Beyond animated-based sets. After this current wave's of New Adventures of Batman (Batgirl, Nigtwing, Tim Drake Robin), Batman Beyond is what followed in the animated DCU, so why not?

Regarding Marvel, SHIELD's super-max prisons would be a great series for collectors, as it would be a great means to acquire large sets & getting super villains from across the Marvel Universe which is what I've heard people want (villains for those current hero minifigs without any opposition, like Hulk), as well as SHIELD agents & guards.

What do people think?

Seriously korpen4444? Kang's pod a living waste of time?!? He's a really popular villain, been around for years, and IMO would be great as a set. Maybe Galactus and Castle Von Doom? Out of all my ideas they are probably the most likely to be made, both popular and well know things that would be rich in playability.

What do you mean about leaving UCS stuff to Star Wars? The Kree, Skrull, Brood, and Shi'ar are all Marvel alien species. My other ideas being a waste of time?!? I'd and many I know would buy a mini Lego Asteroid M playset full of Brotherhood of Evil mutants or Acolytes and Magneto, X-Men and a space shuttle, same goes for the Quinjet, Hydra Island, Blackbird, Deaths Palace and Dr Strange's Secret Sanctum. As for my other things that are so hard to understand? Giant Man, Power Man (Not Luke Cage), and Goliath (either Bill Foster, Hank Pym, or Clint Barton), they are all size changers, people who can increase and decrease there size due to Pym particles, hence UCS to make a giant version of a regular minifig. And as for the Watcher? He, and his species, watch Earth and the events that transpire on it but are sworn never to interfere. The entire iconic series “What If” was centred around him looking at other realities. Here's a picture of old baldy: http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/923/923819/the-watcher_marvel_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

And as for you mentioning the X-Mansion, read “underground”, I was implying that I want the rooms under the mansion, not the mansion, although either would be good.

I, too, like the Penguin in the small set. He makes a good stand in for the Danny DeVito role. The Joker in the Steamroller set is a good Jack Nicholson variant, the set being based on the comic that the first Keaton Batman movie was based on.

Now if we could only get the Michelle Pfeiffer variant of the Catwoman suit, I'd be happy. She's my favorite, because she was completely psychotic.

Michelle Pheiffer Catwoman would be awesome! :wub:

Why even buy the new sets? Aren´t those new sets not exactly the reason why we think Lego DC is crap? Scuba Batman and Arkham Penguin are very meh, Beware the Batman is already cncelled so who gives a crap about the Batmobile? I would rather wait for a Flash fig based on a movie or show than buy a 35€ set for a single fig. Riddler and his Dragster are the worst thing I have seen since the early Star Wars Battlepacks design-wise. Manhunter, red Nightwing, Batgirl and Damien are all New 52 designs so who gives a damn? Really, comic book designs for toys aimed at children? Only 2% of the sales go to people below 18 (which is still weird with suicide drawing contest for Harley and ripped off face Joker) and the majority of comic fans prefer older designs anyway. Some of you guys maybe have a case with Nicholson Joker minifig but then you get to the point where you realize that a wave of 4 full sets still only gives you a single worthwhile figure. Isn´t that enough motivation to finally stop buying this stuff?

I for one am way ahead of you and wait until they make some more builds or characters that are actually well designed.

Look, if we stop buying the Lego sets when they're all Batman, they'll just think that it's the DC brand that won't sell. That'll only send the message to LEGO. We want to go farther. We have to stop buying t-shirts, hats, keychains, action figures, ANYTHING Batman related. That'll send a message to DC and Warner Brothers. We replace our buying of Batman with the rest of DC Comics, and they'll notice that the other guys are popular, too. Skipping over just the Legos makes all of DC less profitable for LEGO and ruins our chances. I will suggest, though, not buying any sets with JUST Batman.

The thing about the traditional costumes, though, is that it doesn't matter to the kids the design. Superman still looks just as recognizable in his red undies as he does in Man of Steel which is just as recognizable as New 52 Superman. Comic book Hulk looks just as much like Hulk as Avengers Hulk does. These little details won't hurt Lego's child demographic, they'll just increase the appeal to older fans. I point to these guys a lot, but Imaginext's using comic book designs for the whole Justice League, even using classic Supes in their Man of Steel playset, and they aren't struggling at all. When it comes down to it, anything with a child demographic only understands success in terms of toy sales, so when you buy classic Cyclops over X2 Cyclops, you're sending a little message to Marvel saying "Hey, I prefer the blue and yellow spandex." Most kids'll buy whatever, just as long as they recognize the character, but if we want more people and kids to embrace the comics we need to make sure the comic book presence is equal too or greater than the movie/TV show/video game presence.

I dunno about him looking much like DeVito, but I do agree that a stitched-up Catsuit would be really cool! I'm still not convinced that the Steamroller Joker is capitalizing on Nicholson's Joker as much as it is his Killing Joke outfit (because it would appeal to adults, not alienize kids, and frankly we need to make it look like we're not selling the same guy over and over again)(unless that guy is Spider-Man). I'm a little afraid, though, as to how that Catwoman could look in LEGO. I'm not sure if their cat mask could pull it off.

The small set Penguin is all about the torso, which does resemble the coat that DeVito wears when he goes to the hall of records in that movie. He claims to be Oswald Cobblepot. I also have an idea of how to make Christopher Walken's character Max Shreck (important in the film).

To do justice to Pfeiffer's Catwoman, though, would require a mask print and a new head topper mold for the cat ears. Doable, but where else could Lego use that kind of mold? Marvel's T'challa (Black Panther)?

I've read that the Jack Nicholson Joker look was based off of the Killing Joke.

The Batman in the small Penguin set, I have a non-DC use for. Minus the cowl.

As to Batman Beyond, if they do it, there you could end up getting dozens of different Jokers, as there are a number of Joker gangs in that storyline. I'd like to get the 10,000 Laughs Joker King. That was an awesome look. And old Bruce Wayne as his childhood hero, the Grey Ghost.

Korpen thinks he is funny. He already almost got a great thread shut down a few days ago with his "humor". :thumbdown:

Thing is, Korpen, there are many, many of us that can't stand the newer sets, especially, in my case, the DC side of things. I am not a part of some big boycott or conspiracy, I only know what my purchase history is. When the Super Hero line came out, I was ga-ga and for a long time, bought everything with that logo, even if I wasn't crazy about the set. I wanted my wallet to show I was happy they were even doing these sets. The amount I've purchased has, however, dwindled to the point of not buying ANY of the new Batman sets. I have become increasingly dismayed about the state of this line and just won't spend my money on a red Nightwing, Man-Bat (easy to make a better purist custom, with ripped jeans!), more Batmobiles, rehashed villians (Joker, Penguin and Riddler ALL came out in the last 1.5yrs!!), etc. I'm just not buying it. End of story. Expand DC, beyond the current scope: One new JL member a year, in a set completely unrelated to that character? Uh, no.

When the TLGDisneyTimeWarnerFoxABCetc committee figures it out, I'll be here, cash in hand. Cool locations, recognizable vehicles, variety of mini-figs. Nuff said.

I'm not tying to be "funny". You, like autorazr, missed my point in that thread.

Just because we get a lot of Batman stuff doesn't mean it's "crap". That's a real insult to people who actually enjoy the sets.

Like me. Shame on you who don't get Bats' appeal. Steamroller: Good Vehicle, Nice figs. Batcopter: Nice vehicle, semi-good figs. Scuba set: Nice duck, awesome figs. Dragster vs. Batmobile: Good vehicles awesome figs. You see. A lot of bats, yes, but good builds, and nice excess figs.

Seriously korpen4444? Kang's pod a living waste of time?!? He's a really popular villain, been around for years, and IMO would be great as a set. Maybe Galactus and Castle Von Doom? Out of all my ideas they are probably the most likely to be made, both popular and well know things that would be rich in playability.

What do you mean about leaving UCS stuff to Star Wars? The Kree, Skrull, Brood, and Shi'ar are all Marvel alien species. My other ideas being a waste of time?!? I'd and many I know would buy a mini Lego Asteroid M playset full of Brotherhood of Evil mutants or Acolytes and Magneto, X-Men and a space shuttle, same goes for the Quinjet, Hydra Island, Blackbird, Deaths Palace and Dr Strange's Secret Sanctum. As for my other things that are so hard to understand? Giant Man, Power Man (Not Luke Cage), and Goliath (either Bill Foster, Hank Pym, or Clint Barton), they are all size changers, people who can increase and decrease there size due to Pym particles, hence UCS to make a giant version of a regular minifig. And as for the Watcher? He, and his species, watch Earth and the events that transpire on it but are sworn never to interfere. The entire iconic series “What If” was centred around him looking at other realities. Here's a picture of old baldy:

Kang's pod IS a waste of space. What purpose would it serve?

"Let Kang travel in time with Kang's time pod." Fun.

The fig would be cool, but I mean his time pod? AS A UCS!? Maybe as a set add on, but as a UCS!?

Look, if we stop buying the Lego sets when they're all Batman, they'll just think that it's the DC brand that won't sell. That'll only send the message to LEGO. We want to go farther. We have to stop buying t-shirts, hats, keychains, action figures, ANYTHING Batman related. That'll send a message to DC and Warner Brothers. We replace our buying of Batman with the rest of DC Comics, and they'll notice that the other guys are popular, too. Skipping over just the Legos makes all of DC less profitable for LEGO and ruins our chances. I will suggest, though, not buying any sets with JUST Batman.

Go ahead, I'm just gonna buy all the stuff you wont! Defeating the Bat-Boycott! :devil:

Seriously though, Batman will ALWAYS be more popular than Cyborg, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Zatanna, Doctor Fate, etc. etc. Why? Cause Batman's a hero that we can relate to. He's human, and pushed to insanity, but somehow always keeps his grip. I think that's why Batman's loved so much. And that's why he'll always be the most popular.

I don't think stop buying Batman stuff will solve anything. Besides, what you DON'T buy, somebody else will. It's that simple. All we can do, is hope DC makes more Justice League cartoons for more characters than just Batman.

What do you mean about leaving UCS stuff to Star Wars? The Kree, Skrull, Brood, and Shi'ar are all Marvel alien species. My other ideas being a waste of time?!? I'd and many I know would buy a mini Lego Asteroid M playset full of Brotherhood of Evil mutants or Acolytes and Magneto, X-Men and a space shuttle, same goes for the Quinjet, Hydra Island, Blackbird, Deaths Palace and Dr Strange's Secret Sanctum. As for my other things that are so hard to understand? Giant Man, Power Man (Not Luke Cage), and Goliath (either Bill Foster, Hank Pym, or Clint Barton), they are all size changers, people who can increase and decrease there size due to Pym particles, hence UCS to make a giant version of a regular minifig. And as for the Watcher? He, and his species, watch Earth and the events that transpire on it but are sworn never to interfere. The entire iconic series “What If” was centred around him looking at other realities. Here's a picture of old baldy:

Asteroid M, huh?

I can't see the appeal a Lego Asteroid.

The Watcher looks, strange. UCS figures I just don't get. A UCS Quintjet? So Lego can screw us over by not making a regular system classic Quintjet?

By "waste of time" I mean anything that wont get made.

Edited by korpen4444

Yeh bring on Batman Beyond animated-based sets. After this current wave's of New Adventures of Batman (Batgirl, Nigtwing, Tim Drake Robin), Batman Beyond is what followed in the animated DCU, so why not?

Regarding Marvel, SHIELD's super-max prisons would be a great series for collectors, as it would be a great means to acquire large sets & getting super villains from across the Marvel Universe which is what I've heard people want (villains for those current hero minifigs without any opposition, like Hulk), as well as SHIELD agents & guards.

What do people think?

Definitely. Although it would be pretty expensive. I think the only villains I really want are Spider-man ones (because I'm a huge Spidey fan), and regardless of whether the new villains are from the Ultimate show, they still look great (nice to have that new Doc Ock from the game coming out though). The only MARVEL universe villain I really want to see is Winter Soldier. Not that the new Captain America set with Red Skull looks bad, not at all, I plan to pick up two (for the HYDRA agents!!) but a grown-up Bucky would've been nice.

I'm not tying to be "funny". You, like autorazr, missed my point in that thread.

Just because we get a lot of Batman stuff doesn't mean it's "crap". That's a real insult to people who actually enjoy the sets.

Like me. Shame on you who don't get Bats' appeal. Steamroller: Good Vehicle, Nice figs. Batcopter: Nice vehicle, semi-good figs. Scuba set: Nice duck, awesome figs. Dragster vs. Batmobile: Good vehicles awesome figs. You see. A lot of bats, yes, but good builds, and nice excess figs.

Kang's pod IS a waste of space. What purpose would it serve?

"Let Kang travel in time with Kang's time pod." Fun.

The fig would be cool, but I mean his time pod? AS A UCS!?

Screw you guys, I'm gonna buy all the stuff you wont! Defeating the Bat-Boycott!

Seriously though, Batman will ALWAYS be more popular than Cyborg, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Zatanna, Doctor Fate, etc. etc.

I don't think stop buying Batman stuff will solve anything. Besides, what you DON'T buy, somebody else will. It's that simple. All we can do, is hope DC makes more Justice League cartoons for more characters than just Batman.

Asteroid M, huh?

I don't think kids would want a Lego Asteroid.

The Watcher looks, strange. UCS figures I just don't get. A UCS Quintjet? So Lego can screw us over by not making a regular system classic Quintjet?

By "waste of time" I mean anything that wont get made.

Firstly, calm down. Many of my friends (and me) are becoming increasingly fed up with the exposure Batman is getting in all forms of media over other prominent DC characters and some of them have been reading Batman comics all their lives!

As far as the sets go, aside from Joker's steamroller, all the builds either seem 'meh' or just must-avoid. I'll give you the figs though. Some are nice, mainly Damien and Babs. But red Nightwing? I'll think I'll stick with my original blue thanks.

Will Batman always be popular as he is? I really doubt it. In time I think more and more people will get fed up with how often he appears. I mean, dare I say, he can get a bit boring at times. But compare DC, who showcase only Batman, and arguably Supes and now GA, with Marvel who showcase far more of their characters. Does anyone complain about how Iron Man is hogging the limelight? Spidey? No, because Marvel balances. And it shows with our responses with the sets. I personally am delighted we already have Nova, Iron Fist, Falcon and Cage and highly disappointed we don't even have a full JLA roster yet.

Oh, and would kids want Asteroid M? I don't know generally, but after completing the Magento level of Lego Marvel, my kid brother (8) immediately got his Lego out and tried to build it, so yeah. I think they would.

On a personal note, anything Batman related is a must buy for me, and following that anything DC. I've kind of fallen out of love with Marvel and this wave of sets, the most recent films and the Lego videogame have all compounded that, so I'm all for a DC D2C.

That said, if it is going to be Batman related, I'd have preferred something a bit more crazy- if we cant have Wayne Tower or Mansion I'd much prefer the Batmobile/wing from the Lego movie to another tumbler. That said, I'll buy it anyway, only the duplo releases will stop me from being a DC completionist...

Edited by Samiens

We had 3 or 4 riddelrs now, and he is great, and we had new versions of other bad guys and good guys from the dc universe.

Now what i want is a set with the Green Lantern that all can get, and afford...

^ I read bickering as brickering , could be a new term for arguing about lego :laugh:

^ I read bickering as brickering , could be a new term for arguing about lego :laugh:

Well put! I'm glad to come back onto the page to find some comments that aren't negative.

Let's not let things continue to get heated. This is crossing the line from friendly disagreement to bickering. We can disagree without fighting.

Agreed.It seems like there are a lot of super heroe fans overall on this thread who are not real AFOLs.In other words,collecters. :hmpf_bad: Edited by legomtron