just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I think I would much prefer a UCS or creator scale Barris Batmobile.

I still think there's a case for the idea of a Star Wars and/or Marvel CMF line. Now that Disney owns both, it's their call, so any previous contract that LFL had with Hasbro may be irrelevant. Hasbro helped shoot down the Lego Star Wars magnet figures as "action figures", but if Disney sees money in the single blind-packed Star Wars figure (which there's tons of money in), I think they would allow Lego to go with it. Blind packed products are hot and people enjoy them; Star Wars hasn't had anything close accept for the Medicom stuff - this may be the time.

Part of it might be that a Marvel DC or SO CMF blind bag line would require a separate license. So TLG might calculate that it would not be worth the costs of a second license for a given property.

.A tumbler is a dumb waste of the slot.

I said that. :sadnew:

Besides, I'm sick of all the whining over not getting an X-mansion. You have all the Avengers, you're getting three X-men, all the GOTG, 4/5 of Spidey's team. What do we have? Six Leaguers, four excess Bat-Fam members, and that's it. I think we're entitled to more exclusives. Besides, I'm sure you'll all get your precious X-Mansion soon enough.In about a year or two.

Part of it might be that a Marvel DC or SO CMF blind bag line would require a separate license. So TLG might calculate that it would not be worth the costs of a second license for a given property.

Yet Simpsons is worth it? Who the hell had that idea? :wacko:

Edited by korpen4444

Sounds like whoever claimed most fans want a tumbler UCS is wrong. People seem to dislike the idea on here, and I don't blame them. If they ever did a batman UCS then a Batmobile would be the logical and most sort after set; not a vehicle created recently in the films.

The brick show seemed REALLY confident in their announcement of this rumor...

Looks like Lego got the hint when the batman tumbler cuusoo project passed the 10 k mark a few reviews back

If the rumour is true it's more likely the other way around, they were probably well into development of the UCS when my tumbler was under review for cuusoo, could be why it was rejected, conflicting products

I don't get the hate for the Tumbler though, we've had 1 real one and one camo one with "The Bat" set, they're hardly saturating the market with Tumblers. The fact the fans are continually making their own MOCs goes to show that the there's a market for a more accurately portrayed representation of the Tumbler, something they've yet to deliver.

Okay, I think we get it that you're a DC fan.

I like MARVEL too, I was just joking.

Batman still needs a redesign of that swamp boat that came with Killer Croc though.

Though a tumbler's just plain pathetic. I want a cool set with lots of heroes! Watchtower/Hall of Justice is our equivalent of the X-Mansion.

If we got one of the two, I would just sit back and let you guys wonder when Xavier and Beast are coming, cause I'll already have my DC fix.

But I mean, besides X-Mansion, what major building does Marvel have to earn an exclusive? DC has Wayne Industries, LexCorp, HoJ, WT, Titans Tower, Mount Justice, The Daily Planet, Wayne Manor, Legion of Doom Headquarters, etc. etc.

Marvel has: X-Mansion(we are way too aware of that :hmpf_bad:), Avengers Mansion, FF HQ, Stark Industries. Hmm, not much D2C material.

Although maybe a helicarrier. I'd be up for that.

edit: I also would like an X-mansion, look at "Future Super Heroes sets" topic. So I'm not against the idea, I just want a DC building first.

Edited by korpen4444

If the rumour is true it's more likely the other way around, they were probably well into development of the UCS when my tumbler was under review for cuusoo, could be why it was rejected, conflicting products

I don't get the hate for the Tumbler though, we've had 1 real one and one camo one with "The Bat" set, they're hardly saturating the market with Tumblers. The fact the fans are continually making their own MOCs goes to show that the there's a market for a more accurately portrayed representation of the Tumbler, something they've yet to deliver.

A UCS scale Tumbler isn´t conflicting with a minifig-scale Tumbler. The two Batmobiles from 2006 were also released at the same time. I think the bigger problem with the black Tumbler was the crappy camo Tumbler but it´s getting ridiculous when we now have the Tumbler in pretty much every version possible, except a good looking minifig-scale.

I also would like an X-mansion, look at "Future Super Heroes sets" topic. So I'm not against the idea, I just want a DC building first.

Forgetting about the Asylum?

I would prefer a system where we get a super hero D2C each year for DC on even years and Marvel on odd years. Just an equal treatment for both companies like how it looked with the 2012 and 13 waves. Shame they scrapped that and instead of finally making a few sets without Batman we just get Duplo and UCS vehicles as if DCs other characters couldn´t sell a single toy.

Don't forget the Summer Batman The LEGO Movie set, and the Juniors sets.

Can you guys please stop constantly mentioning the Lego movie? Just including a fig doesn´t make it part of the line. Otherwise we could count the movie sets as part of NinjaGo, the return of Orient Expedition, City, Pirates and 80s Space. Batman isn´t licensed out when WB (who made the movie) owns him completely, especially when you could just remove Batman from the set and nothing would be lost. You had a more convincing case if it were the 6-seater Batwing but seeing how we now know the whole years sets except for some polybags and D2Cs you can discount the idea of further movie sets, too.

I know the Brickshow isn't dumb enough to put their reputation on the line for a rumor, so I guess I'll take this seriously for the moment, I hope it's not true though, but what are the chances?

I think you are right.

I couldn't agree more with the people that want sets that have "more meat" to them. I just don't think these sets are ever going to be made, and if they are going to be made, it's not going to be for a while.

What AFOL/Superhero Geek wouldn't want the Fantasticar, the X-Mansion, a Justice League Watchtower, an Oa set with the giant Green Lantern power source and the Guardians of the Universe, etc.? We all know that LEGO is capable of it with our Arkham Asylum sets sitting on our shelves. The LEGO Marvel Superhero videogame demonstrated pure proof as well. The problem that us Superhero lovers face, is the Caped Crusader.

LEGO makes what's popular and at the moment, it's Batman. If you've seen the LEGO Movie (SPOILERS, but not really), Batman was the most popular DC Comics character (We didn't even see much of Superman in the movie). Time Warner Inc. recognizes this as well and that's why Batman is coming back to the big screen instead of the Flash or Wonder Woman getting their own movies. Heck, they've even scrapped a couple Justice League movie scripts over the years because they didn't have faith in any of the League members; not even Superman (check out Kevin Smith's Fat Man on Batman podcast for more info). Warner Bros, just really needs to grow a pair...

I'm just like you guys. I want to see some new and creative superhero sets too but I honestly don't believe it's going to happen as long as the Dark Knight is towering over all the other superheroes. So I'm just going to be happy that we're getting a UCS Tumbler hopefully (only a rumor, I know), and cross my fingers that the Superman/Batman movie is a success because that is what's going to determine whether we get a Justice League movie or not and ultimately decide whether we're going to get a Flash set that includes Batman instead of a Batman set that includes the Flash. Just a silly opinion though. :wink:

Edited by Moon_Knight

Forgetting about the Asylum?

No, I just want a Hall of Justice though. That's a set I'd buy. I'm not getting the Asylum for the stupid reason that Scarecrow just creeps me out! I know, he's supposed to, but still.

The problem that us, Superhero lovers, face is the Caped Crusader.

LEGO makes what's popular, and at the moment, it's Batman. If you've seen the LEGO Movie, Batman was the most popular DC Comics character.

I'm just like you guys. I want to see some new and creative superhero sets too. I honestly don't believe it's going to happen as long as the Dark Knight is towering over all the other superheroes though.

Bats has always been the most popular. Besides, I can deal with 101 Batmans, as long as we get other heroes with him.

Bats has always been the most popular. Besides, I can deal with 101 Batmans, as long as we get other heroes with him.

I completely agree with you. I wouldn't mind seeing a few variant Batmans though, like Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman, Sinestro Corps Batman, or Batman Beyond. How awesome would a Dark Knight Returns Batman be? Bring on the Batmans.

Edited by Moon_Knight

I think I would much prefer a UCS or creator scale Barris Batmobile.

I'd rather see that in minifig scale, personally. I really just want a Golden Age Batman set. The light blue Batsuit with the black printing on the mask, Robin's scaley underoos, purple Batgirl, mustachioed Joker... *sigh*

Maybe we oughta just stop buying Batman merch and just buy any and all merchandise of other DC characters. We'll have a nerd strike! We'll all go buy Imaginext figures of The Flash and Black Manta, only buy statues, hats and keychains of Wonder Woman or Cyborg! WE MUST KILL THE BAT-MARKET!!! BURN THE BAT!!!!!

Lego really should release a 60s Batman set with the main characters and complete with the 66 Batmobile. With Mattel and Hot Toys cashing in on the recent resurgence and the show coming this year to DVD, the timing couldn't be better!

Just a silly opinion though. :wink:

Not a silly opinion, diversity is (especially for this line) a great thing, I think I once heard a quote about taking things to the excess, and I think that is the problem with the Bat's. Warner Bro's just aren't that great at making movies whereas Disney is, so Lego will not make many characters when they know kids don't like anyone of them but the only one Warner Bro's really managed to pull off, and that's Batman. Hopefully there's a silver lining to this all, I'd hate for this year to go by a waste for DC.

I'd rather see that in minifig scale, personally. I really just want a Golden Age Batman set. The light blue Batsuit with the black printing on the mask, Robin's scaley underoos, purple Batgirl, mustachioed Joker... *sigh*

Maybe we oughta just stop buying Batman merch and just buy any and all merchandise of other DC characters. We'll have a nerd strike! We'll all go buy Imaginext figures of The Flash and Black Manta, only buy statues, hats and keychains of Wonder Woman or Cyborg! WE MUST KILL THE BAT-MARKET!!! BURN THE BAT!!!!!

I don't know if you're joking, but I totally agree with this, someone or something needs to show the world that there's a reason DC is one of the top 2, a reason why people don't revolve around Batman, and this may just be that waking call.

I like MARVEL too, I was just joking.

Batman still needs a redesign of that swamp boat that came with Killer Croc though.

Though a tumbler's just plain pathetic. I want a cool set with lots of heroes! Watchtower/Hall of Justice is our equivalent of the X-Mansion.

If we got one of the two, I would just sit back and let you guys wonder when Xavier and Beast are coming, cause I'll already have my DC fix.

But I mean, besides X-Mansion, what major building does Marvel have to earn an exclusive? DC has Wayne Industries, LexCorp, HoJ, WT, Titans Tower, Mount Justice, The Daily Planet, Wayne Manor, Legion of Doom Headquarters, etc. etc.

Marvel has: X-Mansion(we are way too aware of that :hmpf_bad:), Avengers Mansion, FF HQ, Stark Industries. Hmm, not much D2C material.

Although maybe a helicarrier. I'd be up for that.

edit: I also would like an X-mansion, look at "Future Super Heroes sets" topic. So I'm not against the idea, I just want a DC building first.

If you're actually bringing in Lexcorp then you can easily say Oscorp. There's also Thunderbolts Mountain, Dr. Strange's Sanctum Santorum, Avengers Tower, The Raft (super villain prison near Alcatraz), Prison 42 (prison built in the Negative Zone by Mr. Fantastic), Castle Von Doom, Atillan, the Necropolis at Wakanda, the Mojoverse arena, a K'un-L'un temple etc...

Your ignorance of Marvel doesn't mean it's devoid of buildings :wacko:

Your ignorance of Marvel doesn't mean it's devoid of buildings :wacko:

I think he meant sets that were likely to be produced, the Avengers Tower is probably what he meant by Mansion, and Dr. Doom's tower is the only likely one of those you mentioned to get made.

I don't know if you're joking, but I totally agree with this, someone or something needs to show the world that there's a reason DC is one of the top 2, a reason why people don't revolve around Batman, and this may just be that waking call.

I was like, half-kidding. We should definitely stop buying Batmerch for a few months to shock DC, because I know that if we get big enough we can really affect the market. Although, I'd suggest doing this after buying the new Batman sets and Son of Batman, because really those are all looking pretty great. After that, it's simple. We kill the Batman. :devil::grin:

Lego really should release a 60s Batman set with the main characters and complete with the 66 Batmobile. With Mattel and Hot Toys cashing in on the recent resurgence and the show coming this year to DVD, the timing couldn't be better!

YES!!!! 66 Batmobile would be a GREAT set!!

Sounds like whoever claimed most fans want a tumbler UCS is wrong. People seem to dislike the idea on here, and I don't blame them. If they ever did a batman UCS then a Batmobile would be the logical and most sort after set; not a vehicle created recently in the films.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that, a few posters here don't represent the majority, the Tumbler and Nolan Trilogy are still immensely popular. A UCS Tumbler would sell very well no doubt, it also happens to be my favorite Batmobile iteration so I would be very pleased. The more Tumbler's we get the better.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that, a few posters here don't represent the majority, the Tumbler and Nolan Trilogy are still immensely popular. A UCS Tumbler would sell very well no doubt, it also happens to be my favorite Batmobile iteration so I would be very pleased. The more Tumbler's we get the better.

Yeah as much as I'd like it to not be true, the 10,000 cuusoo voters are more relevant than a handful of posters here who have no interest in it. For me it's a mixture of distaste for the tumbler and a disinterest in UCS, but I have no doubt a UCS tumbler would sell very well. Exceptionally well, I'd wager.

Yeah as much as I'd like it to not be true, the 10,000 cuusoo voters are more relevant than a handful of posters here who have no interest in it. For me it's a mixture of distaste for the tumbler and a disinterest in UCS, but I have no doubt a UCS tumbler would sell very well. Exceptionally well, I'd wager.

Ah, I see your point. I didn't realise there was a cuusoo project. Clearly there is a massive desire for it. Unfortunately.

Well, from a Marvel fans opinion:

I'm not “keen” on the UCS Tumbler for a number of reasons. First, as so many others have stated, I feel its such a waste of a set, there are so many other things, Marvel and DC, I would prefer. Secondly, UCS suggests non mini fig scale, something I rarely buy. Not that I wouldn’t of wanted a regular set, minifig scale. And finally, like I said, it's Batman. With the exception of anything Frank Miller related it would take a very good set for me to buy any more Batman, ever.

As for what they could make, D2C Marvel wise, being limited, I here? Helicarrier? UCS Sentinel? Avengers Mansion? Shi'ar starship? The Starjammer? Skrull starship? Kree starship? Brood living starship? Danger Room/other underground rooms in the X-Mansion? Classic Quinjet? Baxter building? Castle Von Doom? Kang's time pod? UCS Watcher? UCS Giant Man/Goliath/Power Man? Asteroid M? UCS Galactus with one of his machines and heralds? Hydra Island? Doctor Strange's secret sanctum? Death's palace? UCS Blackbird?

No offence, DC fans, but you've got Arkham, let us Marvel fans get a big set for once. Your time will come when JLA gets released.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

It trips me out how much attention folks pay to that system.

Cuusoo isn't really a good indicator of interest. It's more like a popularity contest. Folks that use social media to advertise end up getting hundreds (or even thousands) of votes from people that don't even purchase LEGO products, and won't buy the one they voted for.

Cuusoo seems like a great idea in theory, but right now, it's only seems to be used to explore pop culture licenses in one form or another. No super hero set is ever going to win (they'll say it conflicts with an ongoing/planned project).

That said, I'll be pretty irked if the next D2C super hero is DC. We've got Arkham already. It's Marvel's turn. (And as much as I am looking forward to getting a Martian Manhunter - a polybag figure was Marvel's turn also).

But we'll see. It's evergreen and stuff now. So in only 10 or 15 years there is a chance that not every DC will be Batman-centric, and not every Marvel set will be Spiderman/Avengers-centric :D

YES! :laugh:

Never! :devil: