just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

You'd be making a certain Freddy very happy if you confirmed living in the U.S, of course, the Steamrollers the only set I want, I need Batgirl.

Sorry Freddy, I reside in Leicestershire, England. But isn't there a guy who is in the US and got the four sets and the Juniors set and reviewed them? I think the links are a few pages back

Sorry Freddy, I reside in Leicestershire, England. But isn't there a guy who is in the US and got the four sets and the Juniors set and reviewed them? I think the links are a few pages back

Going by the accents in the videos, all the reviews of the steamroller/penguin sets I found were from brits. No reports of anyone in the US finding either of those sets, yet.

Nope, he was English. But thanks anyways, I'll just have to wait longer for Barbara :cry_sad:

Can someone please answer the question

When is the estimated release date (or month) for the X-men set

Can someone please answer the question

When is the estimated release date (or month) for the X-men set

July, according to All About Bricks (they're always right).

Does anyone think LEGO has a master plan about the X-Men set? Maybe disney are planning to make an X-Men cartoon. I mean look at the Ultimate Spiderman and Avengers Assemble sets. Unless they know something we don't they might just be waiting for a cartoon to release a few sets off. Does anyone know of any new marvel cartoons?

Edited by Swifty118247

Does anyone think LEGO has a master plan about the X-Men set? Maybe disney are planning to make an X-Men cartoon. I mean look at the Ultimate Spiderman and Avengers Assemble sets. Unless they know something we don't they might just be waiting for a cartoon to release a few sets off. Does anyone know of any new marvel cartoons?

Pretty sure a new x-men cartoon would use different designs..

The X-Men set already ties in with the movie getting released in the same month "Days of Future Past".

Only cartoon that is planned is a Guardians of the Galaxy one. I am not even sure if they have the rights for X-Men cartoons.

Lego for sure is in a pretty weird position. On one hand the X-Men are a recognizable franchise with years worth of characters they could adapt into sets but on the other hand they don´t have a license for the Fox movies and there is no other media project they could use as a springboard for sets. There would be more X-Men sets with a cartoon but I doubt they are waiting for one.

The X-Men set already ties in with the movie getting released in the same month "Days of Future Past".

It's not directly based on the film it seems, but just ties in with the release of the film.

Edited by just2good

It's worse for us Brits mate, £30 translates to almost $50 dollars. So you should not feel so bad with the direct translation.

Not really the minimum wage in the USA is $7.25 which equals £4.42 . We earn more per hour ( assuming your over 21 years old at £6.31 per hour ). Meaning not only do we technically earn more but as of typing $50 dollars translates to £30.46 on the exchange rate. So in all fairness it's better for us Brits, considering we earn more and lego doesn't seem to currently be screwing us on exchange rate.

Edited by Sam892

Not really the minimum wage in the USA is $7.25 which equals £4.42 . We earn more per hour ( assuming your over 21 years old at £6.31 per hour ). Meaning not only do we technically earn more but as of typing $50 dollars translates to £30.46 on the exchange rate. So in all fairness it's better for us Brits, considering we earn more and lego doesn't seem to currently be screwing us on exchange rate.

That doesn't take into account income tax, which for many Americans is 0%. Americans keep a larger percentage of the money they earn.

That doesn't take into account income tax, which for many Americans is 0%. Americans keep a larger percentage of the money they earn.

It's only 0% for a pretty small amount. Only the poor, and only in states that don't add their own income tax on top of it. I know our taxes are lower than a lot of european countries but it's pretty much a blatant falsehood to act like we don't pay one. Overall purchasing power is pretty comparable among western nations, generally.

Set in America $30 dollars = 4 hours minimum wage ($29) plus 1 dollar

Set in Britain £30 = 4 hours minimum wage (£25.24) plus almost 5 pounds.

So how does your theory equate? We still end up paying more than in the US despite the difference in minimum wage. They don't pay $50 for a £30 set, they pay $30.

Edited by rakky

Going by the accents in the videos, all the reviews of the steamroller/penguin sets I found were from brits. No reports of anyone in the US

finding either of those sets, yet.

It wasn't a video, it was a written review

Going by the accents in the videos, all the reviews of the steamroller/penguin sets I found were from brits. No reports of anyone in the US

finding either of those sets, yet.

It wasn't a video, it was a written review

The price differences between countries is a seperate topic. If you'd like to discuss it further in length, you can find a previous thread about it. I'd link it for you but I'm on my phone.

Back on topic, I assumed it was just LEGO trying to be to clever but never mind.

Looking back at the Marvel video game there are plenty of x-men characters that were in the game that weren't actually made. I mean to list a few: Gambit, Emma Frost, Toad, Sabretooth, Mystique, Beast, Archangel, Havok, Polaris, Psylocke, Proffesor X..... The list is endless. Most likely when LEGO swap to make some X-Men sets they already have a load of potential designs that they could make. It would be a real surprise to me if LEGO don't have some sort of reason why they are focusing on X-Men set. I think that we will only get one or two a year unless a cartoon or LEGO get the right for the X-Men movies and then maybe we will get a selection.

Back on topic, I assumed it was just LEGO trying to be to clever but never mind.

Looking back at the Marvel video game there are plenty of x-men characters that were in the game that weren't actually made. I mean to list a few: Gambit, Emma Frost, Toad, Sabretooth, Mystique, Beast, Archangel, Havok, Polaris, Psylocke, Proffesor X..... The list is endless. Most likely when LEGO swap to make some X-Men sets they already have a load of potential designs that they could make. It would be a real surprise to me if LEGO don't have some sort of reason why they are focusing on X-Men set. I think that we will only get one or two a year unless a cartoon or LEGO get the right for the X-Men movies and then maybe we will get a selection.

It's mainly because X-men isn't getting a huge amount of publicity at the moment. Marvel playing it smart since all three sub themes are Marvel owned.

At the moment marvel is making 4 Kids TV shows, Ultimate Spidey, Avengers Assemble, Hulk and S.M.A.S.H and Guardians of the Galaxy next year. They also own the live action rights to all of those, except Spidey but Marvel own the merchandising rights around that film. All of those Characters are getting films as well ( Hulk has to share however with Avengers ) so it makes sense that Marvel is pushing these characters. They want kids to either

A) buy a Avengers Lego set and then be interested in watching the cartoon and or film.

B) see the cartoon or film and then buy the merchandise.

Marvel aren't pushing the X-men because they don't have a huge stake in the movie franchise, they don't own either the film rights or the merchandise rights. Same with Fantastic Four which by the looks of things won't revert back to Marvel for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones in LEGO over the next two years. I know we've already got USM versions of Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but Marvel is making a big push for them, as they are with Antman and Doctor Strange.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones in LEGO over the next two years. I know we've already got USM versions of Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but Marvel is making a big push for them, as they are with Antman and Doctor Strange.

We better have Daredevil by 2017 or I am going to waste about 20 quid on that eBay custom and I don't want to do that

We better have Daredevil by 2017 or I am going to waste about 20 quid on that eBay custom and I don't want to do that

So the Hydra Tank will be 20 euros. I think this could arguably be the best Marvel set of that price range.

Fyi, the new Marvel sets are on the toys r us website. Hopefully will be seeing them out soon.

Interestingly enough, it seems like they were available earlier and then sold out.

So, it appears, are enlightened friend hasn't returned with news. Toy Fair's on Tuesday in London, and I'm sure concrete info will surface on the Blackbird. With that in mind, I'm still holding out hope for either Mystique, Sabertooth, Bishop, Gambit, Cyke, Colossus, or Beast, at the very least a forth and fifth fig. Is there a possibility of a Marvel D2C as DC had one last year?

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick