just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Nope, we have not heard anything about Gambit. But he would be an awesome minifigure!

Agreed, my friend, (creepy whisper voice) Agreeed

Is there any news on a Gambit figure by any chance?

We only actually know about Magneto and Storm. The rest is just speculation. :sceptic:

Gambit would be awesome but I don't see that happening for a while. He's not as big as he used to be and there's still plenty of more important X-Men that haven't been released yet.

Well, to be honest, i'd say Mystique, Sabretooth, Apocalypse and Mr Sinister are all at least as well known as Taskmaster or MODOK. Likewise, half the characters included in Star Wars are hardly well known, so I'm sure there will be other villains included as well, it won't just be one bad guy vs the X-men.

I think Mystique is the most likely since she's the most recognisable villain after Magneto and has a pretty big role in DOFP. I can see Sabretooth also being included in the line up but only if we get a second X-Men set.

I agree, as much as I would like to have a Gambit figure, he will more than likely get bumped out by characters like Cyclops, Jean Grey (I would love a Jean Grey figure, and no, don't bring up that annoying SDCC argument, that was her Green Phoenix suit, not Dark Phoenix, and not regular X-Men Jean Grey, we still have a chance! Anyways...) Beast, Storm, and Iceman also come to mind. As far as villains go, I'd say Mystique is very likely, and Sabretooth as well. Don't expect to see Mr. Sinister until San Diego Comic Con in about 5 years, after they're done making highly-desirable characters like She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc. I don't think we'll ever see him in a set.

Well, to be honest, i'd say Mystique, Sabretooth, Apocalypse and Mr Sinister are all at least as well known as Taskmaster or MODOK. Likewise, half the characters included in Star Wars are hardly well known, so I'm sure there will be other villains included as well, it won't just be one bad guy vs the X-men.

I don't know about Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse (Mr. Sinister even I had to Google, but Apocalypse will increase in popularity after the next-next X-Men movie), but Sabretooth and Mystique are both pretty popular, but neither can fly.

I agree, as much as I would like to have a Gambit figure, he will more than likely get bumped out by characters like Cyclops, Jean Grey (I would love a Jean Grey figure, and no, don't bring up that annoying SDCC argument, that was her Green Phoenix suit, not Dark Phoenix, and not regular X-Men Jean Grey, we still have a chance! Anyways...) Beast, Storm, and Iceman also come to mind. As far as villains go, I'd say Mystique is very likely, and Sabretooth as well. Don't expect to see Mr. Sinister until San Diego Comic Con in about 5 years, after they're done making highly-desirable characters like She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc. I don't think we'll ever see him in a set.

I'm really hoping your wrong! I want Gambit so bad, and I hope characters like She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel don't wind up as SDCC exclusives. Honestly, I'm beginning to wish that they didn't do those exclusives whatsoever.

Not sure I agree that we will have to wait. Next xmen movie after DoFP is Age of Apocalypse. Sinister had a lot to do with AoA in the comics, and while his story line may not directly transfer over, he is a popular character among xmen fans.

Regarding the remaining sets of the Joker set and Penguin sets, I have not seen them released in the States. It seems like we will have to wait until March for these two sets as well if the Star Wars sets are being pushed back in lieu of the Lego Movie sets. I don't blame Lego for doing this, the movie is their priority, but would love some more communication on these other two sets.

I don't know about Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse (Mr. Sinister even I had to Google, but Apocalypse will increase in popularity after the next-next X-Men movie), but Sabretooth and Mystique are both pretty popular, but neither can fly.

I'm really hoping your wrong! I want Gambit so bad, and I hope characters like She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel don't wind up as SDCC exclusives. Honestly, I'm beginning to wish that they didn't do those exclusives whatsoever.

Did you mean 'I even' not 'even I'? As Mr Sinister is a very well known villain amongst any Marvel comics fan. I am very hopeful for the Apocalypse figure eventually after what you said though.

As far as Ms. Marvel; there's a rumor that Katee Sackhoff will be playing Carol in Avengers 2 then get a solo movie where she gets her powers later. Then she can be in Avengers 3. There's a pretty good chance of getting a fig eventually if Lego holds onto the license long enough.

As far as Ms. Marvel; there's a rumor that Katee Sackhoff will be playing Carol in Avengers 2 then get a solo movie where she gets her powers later. Then she can be in Avengers 3. There's a pretty good chance of getting a fig eventually if Lego holds onto the license long enough.

This made my day, but better off going in the multimedia forum.

Did you mean 'I even' not 'even I'? As Mr Sinister is a very well known villain amongst any Marvel comics fan. I am very hopeful for the Apocalypse figure eventually after what you said though.

I'm a big Marvel comics fan, and I've never heard of Mr Sinister. I've never read an X-Men comic though.

Also... it seems we're getting some DUPLO Super Heroes sets!

10545 Batcave Adventure

10544 The Joker Challenge

10543 Superman's Rescue

-Sci

Brickset also posted three new DC sets. DC Duplo sets.

Sci beat me to it. :tongue:

Edited by Tragic Banjo

Nice find! I wish we'd get more than one X-Men set, but three GotG sets are great. Plus, I'm sure we'll get 76023 X-Mansion as a July D2C! :tongue::drool:

I hope you're right about the mansion. Only getting one X-Men set every two years isn't enough, especially compared to how much attention everyone else is getting.

Also... it seems we're getting some DUPLO Super Heroes sets!

10545 Batcave Adventure

10544 The Joker Challenge

10543 Superman's Rescue

-Sci

I'm practically throwing a bitch fit right now. Seriously. The New 52 hurt me by wiping out Oracle. Change hurts. But it's nice to move on right? Wrong! DC decides to move on with Lego sets, yay! But whoopedi-doo, they're DUPLO! Have fun with your oversized Lex Luthor. At least someones getting DC sets later on in the year :damn:

Edited by Freddy Bricker

Nice find! I wish we'd get more than one X-Men set, but three GotG sets are great. Plus, I'm sure we'll get 76023 X-Mansion as a July D2C! :tongue::drool:

I don't think so, there's so many D2C sets coming out. :look: If we did that would be awesome though.

Probably the best-known X-Men villains after Magneto are Mystique, Sabertooth, and Juggernaut. As many of you know, I'd like the latter in toy form the best, but Mystique would be almost as welcome.

No, I'm a pretty big comic geek and an aspiring X-Fan but I'd never heard of him.

I'm practically throwing a bitch fit right now. Seriously. The New 52 hurt me by wiping out Oracle. Change hurts. But it's nice to move on right? Wrong! DC decides to move on with Lego sets, yay! But whoopedi-doo, they're DUPLO! Have fun with your oversized Lex Luthor. At least someones getting DC sets later on in the year :damn:

Dude, calm down, I'm sure we're getting regular ones later in the year too. Odds are Barbara's going to be back in the chair before too long. Even then, can you blame them for making DUPLO sets? They target a younger audience and plant the DC seed early, so they can bloom into beautiful comic book dorks and buy the legit sets later. They're not going to take away from the regular side of sets. And if you're complaining about not getting a LEGO Oracle, she's not incredibly hard to purist custom, so long as you can build a decent wheelchair. It's all cool.

I've already picked up some Batman: Man-Bat Attack, and two of The Riddler Chase. Can't wait for the rest to come out.. :sweet:

Well first off, no I'm not complaining that we're not getting a Lego Oracle, seriously she has no chance of being made. Batgirl yes, Oracle, no. What bugs me is that DC only gets 4 mainstream sets and in Marvels initial wave, they'll be getting 5. One more won't hurt right? But with the 2 Juniors sets, they're added up to DC having 6, and Marvel having 6. Then you add up the 3 DUPLO sets, and DC has 9 and with the 4 extra Marvel sets, Marvel has 9. And since DC had 6 sets last year, and Marvel had 5, it seems kind of right that this year DC got and Marvel got 9 right? But no, everything DC has, Marvel has to have too, DC gets Ultrabuilds, Marvel gets Ultrabuilds, DC get's 1 more set 1 year, Marvel gets more the next. But if DC is getting DUPLO sets, (unless that requires a seperate contract, which I seriously doubt) then Marvel will also get DUPLO sets. Seriously though, If DC got 8 real sets in 2014, that'd be fine, but 3 are DUPLO (and practically useless) and the 1 other is a Juniors set, which leaves us with only 4 "real" sets, and that is IMO very disappointing. And all 4 of those are Batman sets. 2014 just seems like a giant middle finger to DC fans. It goes as follows:

DC is getting 8 sets this year!

-Only half are actual system sets.

DC's 4 sets will have more than just Batman!

-Batman's still the central focus, and even then only 2 hero's are new, 1's a Bat-family member (who I love by the way) and as for the other 2, one's also a Bat-family member, and a remake, and the other is missing Leg printing. So Lego can put Leg printing on figures that really don't need it (the Kryptonians come to mind), but they can't put it on the one fig who actually needs it? Wow.

DC is getting one non-Batman set this year!

-It's a DUPLO Superman set. That's just sad.

Forgive me for getting mad for what has evidently been proven to be another Batman year but the time has come, the time has come people! A DUPLO Superman is officially the most exciting thing for DC superheroes 2014! :laugh::cry_sad:

Edited by Freddy Bricker