just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I was under the impression that MEGA Brands owns the Amazing Spider-Man movie license for building sets, thus rendering it impossible for LEGO to make sets based off the Amazing Spider-Man movie franchise?

Thats what he just said, Disney bought the merchandising rights to the Spider-Man movies, meaning will Lego can make sets for ASM2 if they wantex too

Played the special lego mission on Lego Marvel, and unlike previous games I noticed there was no "teaser builds" for any upcoming sets. That's disappointing consider the LOTR one teased the Council of Elrond set. Seems like its mostly vehicles here on out except for the Hulk Laboratory.

Sure hope Electro looks like his costume in the game. Disappointed that we won't be getting the traditional Green Goblin, but I know its the monster one from the show. Don't think anyone has assumed that the pilot for the Spider-heli is perhaps Power Man.

I hope that the Hulk set next year doesn't have the massive Australian markup the Hulk Hellicarrier Breakout set got.

It will.

I was under the impression that MEGA Brands owns the Amazing Spider-Man movie license for building sets, thus rendering it impossible for LEGO to make sets based off the Amazing Spider-Man movie franchise?

Just because they did sets for the first one doesn't mean they have the rights to the second. Megablocks also had the rights to Iron Man 2 and Pirates of the Carribean, but not anymore. Just because they did sets for one movie doesn't mean they have rights to the whole franchise, they more than likely have to get rights for each movie. Disney having merchandising rights means they should be able to choose which building block company to handle it and after this years Comic-con exclusive (An ASM2 variation of Spider-man with matching colors, unique spider emblem and eye shapes) I think it's pretty safe to say that Megablocks isn't in control of that license any longer.

Just a small point, but the new renders look to be from the same source as the newly leaked Star Wars prelims. Comparing the Star Wars renders with the images from the retailer catalog, someone on the forum made the point that these renders are more preliminary than the pictures seen by those with the retailer catalog.

What I'm trying to say is that for those who think these sets look horrible and are disappointed that they didn't live up to what was described earlier, we're looking at earlier versions! There is still hope!

Just a small point, but the new renders look to be from the same source as the newly leaked Star Wars prelims. Comparing the Star Wars renders with the images from the retailer catalog, someone on the forum made the point that these renders are more preliminary than the pictures seen by those with the retailer catalog.

What I'm trying to say is that for those who think these sets look horrible and are disappointed that they didn't live up to what was described earlier, we're looking at earlier versions! There is still hope!

Maybe J2Good can describe the Ock set from the catalog and see if the same Spidey and Ock coloring as the leaked.

Maybe J2Good can describe the Ock set from the catalog and see if the same Spidey and Ock coloring as the leaked.

They're the same colors. :wink:

Then i'm guessing the colouring is way off for Ock and we are getting a seson two varaint and Spidey could be miscolored or a ASM2 varaint( which a comic ock and move Spidey wouldn't make sense on a box clearly branded USM)

Actually Disney bought the merchandising rights from Sony, so there could be Lego sets if Disney wanted. And they could always surprise us I suppose and put one out unexpectedly in the summer.

that is awesome, and that would be awesome, thanks for the update

Days of Future Past Trailer dropped:

I think we can safely say that we won´t get sets for that. Let alone that LEGO striking a deal with Fox about the Simpsons doesn´t automatically mean we will get X-Men too, the films looks like it won´t have any costumes. The future cast all has leather jackets, even Xavier and Magneto, and the 70s cast has regular clothes (which I would actually like to see sets with but you know LEGOs problems with non-costumes). I guess you could do some sets but this lends even less to sets than all the MCU films. My bet is there will be some regular X-Men sets, maybe with the costumes from the game but I think when they are June or July releases they were too late for inclusion in the game.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Yay power man and a new Mary jane! I wonder if both of these characters will have new hair molds! Maybe Mary Jane will use the trendsetter's hair in dark red but who knows about power man.

Do you guys think the helicopter in the usm set should have been a SHIELD helicopter and does any know what in the world Batmans flying in the steamroller set ?

Agreed completely. SHIELD is such a cool organisation with so many different elements, I think a Quinjet, a Fighter and a Jeep simply do not justify it. I mean, look at the Marvel Game. We see SHIELD Trucks, SHIELD Helicopters, SHIELD Helicarrier, and so much more cool stuff for this top-secret organisation. Plus, the Maria Hill and Agent Coulson Minifigures looked amazing, and definantly need to be released. I mean, if Hill was in a £20 set, I would buy multiples just for the SHIELD Torso Piece. I am worried that Lego has missed the boat, since Coulson may not be in anymore films, but just the series. That said, Captain America: TWS looks SHIELD Heavy, so maybe we will see some more stuff for SHIELD then!

Yay power man and a new Mary jane! I wonder if both of these characters will have new hair molds! Maybe Mary Jane will use the trendsetter's hair in dark red but who knows about power man.

I'm think power man may use the Malfoy/Zod/Bruce wayne hairpiece. The Black Widow' Poison Ivy hair would be perfect for USM MJ

I'm think power man may use the Malfoy/Zod/Bruce wayne hairpiece. The Black Widow' Poison Ivy hair would be perfect for USM MJ

Nope.

Powerman.pngLego_mary_jane.png

Nope.

That MJ is from the comics, this is Mj in USM.

Mary Jane (Earth-TRN123).png

As for PM, he looks like the USM version, but he may have hair(partly due to the prelims) and the game developers just want Cage bald like he is almost always depicted

Do you guys think the helicopter in the usm set should have been a SHIELD helicopter and does any know what in the world Batmans flying in the steamroller set ?

I would be surprised if the people that made the set know what it is :rofl:

Edited by SMC

The same colors from the prelims we have seen or the existing figs we can currently get?

I noticed in the prelims, they associated color with a unique finalized fig. The Riddler Chase had a plain dark grey Batman, and the final version had the same thing. I think Doc Ock will be a comic design and Spider-man will be the Superior Spider-man design or the SDCC one.

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

Did the pictures you saw in the catalog look like what we have already? Or were they further along, showing prints?

Did Falcon look like this?

Falcon.png

Looking at those two pics, and comparing it to the ASM2 design, I can't really tell the two that much apart (especially the comic). Plus, if we do get a variant, Superior would be pretty cool considering Ock's the villian. Man, I'm hoping it IS a superior variant now.... But as always, I'm preparing for disappointment

The same colors from the prelims we have seen or the existing figs we can currently get?

Did the pictures you saw in the catalog look like what we have already? Or were they further along, showing prints?

Did Falcon look like this?

They were similar colors to the ones we have already seen. The one in the catalog for the $20 set had the same colors of the picture of the $20 set from the public prelim picture.

For the biggest Spidey set, the Helicopter had a different arrangement on the front turbines (?) and had no flick and fires are the top, instead the turbine was on the left with the flick and fires and it didn't use that turbine piece, just some weird slope piece. Spidey was the same, except he has full blue pants (the hinge is blue in the catalog). MJ was the same, except she had a grey blank shirt in the catalog. The back turbine doesn't use the wheel piece like in the public prelims, but instead that regular turbine blade (?) piece. I'm really bad with piece names. :grin:

The smallest Spidey set is a little bit better in the catalog, and it was definitely more finalized than in the public prelims, but still very basic. Spidey has a plain red shirt in the catalog, but with the blue sleeves and red hands. Electro is the same, except he has green legs. The bike or whatever is a sleeker build and less blocky.

No prints in the catalog, except for the faces, which are the same in the public prelims.

Eh... Falcon is "black"-toned and has the same hairpiece in the catalog. Like I said, the wings are a light translucent reddish orange and are the Pharoah's Quest wings with no print. He has a plain orange torso and legs, white leg-hinge (that's what I call 'em), and sleeveless black-toned arms and hands. Basic black-toned facial printing.

Edited by just2good

I noticed in the prelims, they associated color with a unique finalized fig. The Riddler Chase had a plain dark grey Batman, and the final version had the same thing. I think Doc Ock will be a comic design and Spider-man will be the Superior Spider-man design or the SDCC one.

Considering Superior Spider-Man is Otto Octavius I highly doubt that we will see that version of Spidey in the Doc Ock set, unless TLG purposely pairs them together for the irony aspect of it.

Edited by Spider-Man