just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

If you want henchmen,go to Bricklink and get them,don't clog up the spot of a possible new character!

Most kids haven't even heard of Bricklink, and few of the ones who have heard of it probably don't use it. TLC isn't going to stop repeating villains or including henchmen because AFOLs have a set from five years ago/frequent Bricklink.

I wouldn't mind a few henchman. Honestly though I'd prefer some supporting characters over henchman any day. It would be nice to get a new Alfred, Lucius Fox, Vicki Vale and a comic version of Lois Lane (I just am not impressed with the Amy Adams one). I would like to flesh out the DC world a little bit more and I feel like some good supporting characters are needed at this point. My Gotham city looks so bare with only heroes and villains running around.

I'd love to see more civillian characters as well, especially the ones you mentioned.

Don't see why people are complaining about Man-bat, but I'm pretty excited for him. And the new Joker looks neat.

Manbat just seems like a cheap way they could use existing pieces to give us a character few actually care about. I'd much rather see other stable Batman villains like Clayface...

Yeah, can it really even be called a custom when all one has to do is take the werewolf's pants and put it on the vampire bat's torso? You never know, though...maybe TLG will give us something more...fleshed out?

Most kids haven't even heard of Bricklink, and few of the ones who have heard of it probably don't use it. TLC isn't going to stop repeating villains or including henchmen because AFOLs have a set from five years ago/frequent Bricklink.

Aside from the fact that more adults buy Lego than kids,we got Joker and Two Face henchmen last year.

Aside from the fact that more adults buy Lego than kids,we got Joker and Two Face henchmen last year.

So? How many storm troopers have we got over the years? Just because a henchmen takes up a spot doesn't mean that he's pushing a new character out. LEGO is a business and most likely wouldn't have included another new new character anyway. They would most likely put a second or third new character in a different set, that way you have to buy another set to get that character.

Batgirl's cowl could be used for Hawkgirl.

Not really.

If he is talking about the one from the Justice League animated series, than I actually agree that it wouldn't be bad. It would be at least adequate for a purist Hawkgirl.

hawkgirl_justice_league_animated.png

It definitely could not work in a set, a new mold would be required, but like I said it could work in a purist custom.

Edited by TheStrategist

I'm getting a bit un-patient with pics, are we even sure they'll come up this month or is that just speculation? Pardon the intolerance.

Edited by Freddy Bricker

Does anyone think that Man-Bat could alternatively use the bat wings in Catwoman Chase and Arkham in brown to allow him to have forward arms? I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Manbat just seems like a cheap way they could use existing pieces to give us a character few actually care about. I'd much rather see other stable Batman villains like Clayface...

Well, he would have the MF pieces, but I hope that he would be more than some pants and a reprint, but i hope for his ripped lab coat he wears sometimes. I hope for a redesign of Croc or a new villian like Hatter.

I think Nightwing will be in the Man-Bat and Batgirl in the Roller. If the GL rumor is true, my guess is a exclusive set

Does anyone think that Man-Bat could alternatively use the bat wings in Catwoman Chase and Arkham in brown to allow him to have forward arms? I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Given that Man-Bat is always portrayed as having his wings be his arms, I'd say the possibility of him using that piece and having regular arms is about 0. It's silly because the Monster Fighters figure basically already is Man-Bat; I can't imagine anything other than slightly different printing.

I'm getting a bit un-patient with pics, are we even sure they'll come up this month or is that just speculation? Pardon the intolerance.

August-September is rumor months, October-Nov is pics month, due to leaks and stuff, like Ninjago pics and fig leaks. Patience young grasshopper, pics will be released when a retailer or LEGO themselves slip up, or LEGO unveils them offically.

People think that LEGO not being at NYCC this year, but last year was the first year LEGO was actually at the event. But in 2011 DC Comics unveiled the Batcave set, without LEGO being there

It's all based on speculation. LEGO themselves haven't confirmed that we will see them this month, but that's how it has been the past two years.

Eh, personally, I don't think they'd do that.

Given that Man-Bat is always portrayed as having his wings be his arms, I'd say the possibility of him using that piece and having regular arms is about 0. It's silly because the Monster Fighters figure basically already is Man-Bat; I can't imagine anything other than slightly different printing.

Like i said, pants, maybe ripped and slightly different printing, though i hope for his ripped lab coat

Yeesh, already over 50 pages? I'm not going to bother to catch up right now. Just wanted to share some transparent yellow windscreens from next year's sets. My best guess is that they're from sets based on Beware the Batman since there are no other themes I know of that would have vehicles with transparent yellow windscreens (except maybe next year's Chima sets since there's a new faction whose vehicles we haven't seen).

Found these while trawling LEGO's customer service database (checking one part at a time starting with the decorated pig face from the Minecraft sets so I had a good shot at finding new stuff). No matter what theme they end up being in, I'll bet spacers will love them.

6065598 (same windscreen from the new UCS X-Wing, but in Transparent Yellow)

6065600 (old-school space windscreen that has never been in this color)

6065601 (this came in Tr. Yellow in the Space Police III Lunar Limo, but this is a new Element ID for it, hinting that it's appearing again)

One other possibility is those could be for TLM, parts of sci-fi/space based sets, maybe even done in a modernized Classic Space style (yellow windshields are part of the iconic color scheme).

That's how he was portrayed in the lego batman game

August-September is rumor months, October-Nov is pics month, due to leaks and stuff, like Ninjago pics and fig leaks. Patience young grasshopper, pics will be released when a retailer or LEGO themselves slip up, or LEGO unveils them offically.

People think that LEGO not being at NYCC this year, but last year was the first year LEGO was actually at the event. But in 2011 DC Comics unveiled the Batcave set, without LEGO being there

Haha alright. I'm on edge with the Marvel stuff though, no news on that, surely I don't know how this all works (it's my first year keeping track of this kind of stuff). Any who on that Manbat situation, I'd say Lego will release it exactly as the monster fighters one with VERY good printing. I don't see how they would release him without making sort of want-able. And I also believe that white Jedi hood could very much be used for Anarchy. He is said to be the main villain of the show, and Lego would want to touch on that if they'll make anything for the show (it would give them more reason to make more Batman, which we know they love).

O_o

Whatever about Killer Moth and Firefly, Clayface and Mad Hatter are hardley peripheral members of the rogues gallery like you make out. Each to their own, though - personally I'm not interested in variants at all.

I'm also taking it has encouraging that with Batgirl, TLG is showing that it isn't afraid to pull from the New 52 universe even if there aren't any obvious film/TV tie-ins. So much potential there.

Whenever I've encountered these villains ( many times in TV and comics ) they are always pointless and C list at best for Batman's rouges. I'd except that Mad Hatter and Clayface are slightly B listers, but still I would rather we got either Variations of existing villains or non Batman villains like Death Stroke, Captain Cold ect. It's already disappointing enough that we are getting Man Bat.

Whenever I've encountered these villains ( many times in TV and comics ) they are always pointless and C list at best for Batman's rouges. I'd except that Mad Hatter and Clayface are slightly B listers, but still I would rather we got either Variations of existing villains or non Batman villains like Death Stroke, Captain Cold ect. It's already disappointing enough that we are getting Man Bat.

I agree that they are B-listers, but I sort of feel that's the appeal. I mean they are odd and different from the villains we usually get. It would be nice to get some of the weirder villains from time to time. Plus characters like Mad Hatter, Clayface and Killer Moth just look interesting as minifigures, so there's a certain novelty because of their odd appearance.

I will agree that it is disappointing that we're getting Man-Bat, I find his story kind of generic and don't feel like there's much of note about him. Clayface and Mad Hatter at least have unusual gimmicks tied to them to make them interesting.

Mad Hatter and Clayface [...] I would rather we got either Variations of existing villains

Wat.

Edited by KingPixels

C'mon lego, clayface with 3 sets of arms would be nice, 1 pair normal, another his hands are hammers, and another, well thats what lego is good at! Making things!

We still haven't gotten Ras Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Black Mask or a redesigned Killer Croc yet. It would be nice to get some of these before the likes of Mad Hatter and Killer Moth.

We still haven't gotten Ras Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Black Mask or a redesigned Killer Croc yet. It would be nice to get some of these before the likes of Mad Hatter and Killer Moth.

I strongly agree! Ras Al Ghul would be amazing as would Deathstroke, Killer Croc, Black Mask or Talia. I'm hoping in the next few years we will see those specific villains.