just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

So we've got Robinhood in Mario Kart, a McDonald's toy, and some guy in a Flash costume, huh

Not to sound offense but; "What the heck are you talking about/mean?

I noticed Brickipedia has Green Goblin as the only other known minifig in the spider man sets...

http://lego.wikia.co...ider-Man_Set(s)

Not sure what they're basing that on but if it's true its included, I wonder if it will be the classic or USM version. I for one hope for classic but if it was USM (which I think is more likely) I hope it's a big fig

Edited by Marvelfan120

Well I'll be getting that Batgirl. I'm still wondering where my Green Lantern is (make it Jon Stewart).

I think it's likely we'll see a bigfig Goblin in the next wave of Spider-Man sets. I don't think they'd release a set with characters different to the game versions so close to release.

I also hope we get a White Tiger and a power man (Not big fig but maybe do him like the do Chewbaca in star wars, just a little bigger than the others) in 2014

Edited by Marvelfan120

Could Bat-girl be (like the other Batman set we have an official picture of) be something from Beware The Batman?

for DC sets anyone think we'll get an Arrow set or two in 2014 to match the amount of marvel sets??... Also, I know DC has some mew live action stuff in the works, anyone hear about any new animations TLG might be able to draw from in the future?

Bat-girl looks AWESOME and a yellow head Batman (I would like to see that image...can't find it on BL).......ah, the way to tell the junior series apart from the regular super heroes........ha,ha....Lego are cheeky you-know-what's !

See having yellow heads means two things........one is no cheap way to buy Joker, Batman or Spiderman and then two is kid's can take any yellow minifig head and put it on Batman, etc.,.

Plus those characters yellow heads could be used on other minifig bodies in a kid's city collection.....visa versa. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Batgirl looks great, I hope her cape is two colors (yellow on inside, black on outside).

The yellow head Batman is really odd. I don't think it is a prototype. It could be the wrong head on the fig placed on accidentally.

I also don't think it is for the new Junior or TLM sets.

Love the new Batgirl. Not even a big fan of the character but loving the minifig - and of course, a new GL and a Flash are attractive. To be frank though, the models themselves sound bland on paper.. but who knows how awesome they could be for real?

Batgirl looks great, I hope her cape is two colors (yellow on inside, black on outside).

That would look bad, seeing as theres no yellow on ehr elsewhere.

I'm very pleased with how Batgirl turned out, she looks much better than she did in either games.

And the color selection is perfect, gold, black and purple look great together. I will agree the printing is a little busy. If we get a cape that's purple on the inside and black on the outside than she'll be perfect. Loving the new mold for the mask, it looks better than I could have imagined. I'm very happy they gave her a normal head, that makes it usable elsewhere.

I only wish there was boot printing, but I suppose we can't have everything.

I'm 42 and needless to say,Old School,I've never been a comic book reader so my experience with Superheroes is based on movies/cartoons,I would much prefer a Batgirl/Nightwing from their TNBA looks but,if the only versions we'll get from Lego are the "Nu 52",I'll gladly take them,better than nothing right? I also hate that "hourglass" shape thing Lego does with the female torsos.

305Bats, the good news for fans of more classic looks is that the hair/mask piece is being made for Batgirl. A torso decal would be easy compared to sculpting a new part. Even if you're not interested in customizing, the chances of LEGO reusing that mold are pretty good. If they find that Batgirl sells well, we may very well get her in a classic costume further down the line.

I, too, wish that they'd gone for a more classic look but just getting Batgirl at all is wonderful news. One more minifigure my daughter will try to steal from me.

Bat-girl looks AWESOME and a yellow head Batman (I would like to see that image...can't find it on BL).......ah, the way to tell the junior series apart from the regular super heroes........ha,ha....Lego are cheeky you-know-what's !

See having yellow heads means two things........one is no cheap way to buy Joker, Batman or Spiderman and then two is kid's can take any yellow minifig head and put it on Batman, etc.,.

Plus those characters yellow heads could be used on other minifig bodies in a kid's city collection.....visa versa. :wink:

Are you joking? It's just a mistake. :)

Edited by RaincloudDustbin

Can someone please explain this "Junior line" to me. I've collected every single batman 2012 onwards set, no superman or anything like that just batman. With this junior line i'm wondering if i should get it because i want all the sets

That batgirl is amazing! What Lego can do mold wise nowadays is staggering. The hair and mask is just superb! this is clearly the new 52 design. This is clearly what they based the design of gold gloves and all hopefully this means a purple cape.

Using the new 52 look is no surprise to me and in my opinion looks slicker and cooler. If batgirl ever appeared in a modern batman movie then this would be the perfect costume.

Edited by LuxorV
Changed deeplink to link. Was too big.

Can someone please explain this "Junior line" to me. I've collected every single batman 2012 onwards set, no superman or anything like that just batman. With this junior line i'm wondering if i should get it because i want all the sets

There is supposed to be a Junior line coming in January. There is one Marvel set and one DC set. They should be actual minifigures instead of what the previous Junior line had years ago. We don't know if they will be the same prints or a simplified design. I believe the DC one had Batman, Robin, and The Joker. My guess if that it would be about $20.

If they just reuse existing minifigs that you already have, I think you can skip it. But that is up to you. If the minifigs look good enough, I will probably buy it since I lack a Robin and Joker.

Here is a link to what I think is a similar set. There is not much of a build here and while the DC Junior set is likely a bit bigger, I doubt any AFOL will want to display it.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/My-First-LEGO-Princess-10656

What is the new 52 design everyones on about?

The new 52 design is basically the current comic suit. The new 52 was an event in 2011 where DC comics cancelled all of their books and replaced them with 52 new titles. As a result many characters costumes like Superman, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Nightwing, the Flash and many more had their outfits changed.

I really love this minifigure! The torso printing and the hairpiece are amazing. Some leg printing would be brilliant but I guess it doesn't really matter.

Now we just need Nightwing :grin:

What is the new 52 design everyones on about?

Just Batgirl's modern appearance in the comics.

7287122_f260.jpg

It's not much different from her classic look. It's just shinier, more armored, and has a purple cape instead of yellow. :classic: