just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I'll probably buy every set as i didn't buy any of the other superhero sets apart from the batcave. I'll hunt down some older figs but i hope that the new sets contain some never before seen characters.

I doubt that every character in the Steamroller is going to be unique. There will probably be at least one random goon in there somewhere. I hope that LEGO can start making DC sets at some point without including Batman in every one :sceptic:

I don't like the repetition in the SH line too much, someone here once said TLC doesn't realize what license they have in their hands with this, and I must concur.

Having said this, the Penguin in a rubber duck - alike vehicle = sounds very cool.

I doubt that every character in the Steamroller is going to be unique. There will probably be at least one random goon in there somewhere. I hope that LEGO can start making DC sets at some point without including Batman in every one :sceptic:

Sadly, this will probably be the case.

I don't like the repetition in the SH line too much, someone here once said TLC doesn't realize what license they have in their hands with this, and I must concur.

Having said this, the Penguin in a rubber duck - alike vehicle = sounds very cool.

True that. I just hope the renew the line just like they do with SW. It has a loooooot to give. Even more than SW. If they can keep releasing the same SW sets every year with some new ones and some changes they can sure as hell maintain the superheroes line.

No mention of any female characters in the 2014 sets. I'm hoping we get Batgirl, and not another Harley variant…

The Star Wars folks have pictures of the catalog prelims, where are the Superheroes?! :tongue:

For me I hope the rumor about nightwing being included in the man-bat set is great news for the people who didnt have the chance to get him on the old arkham asylum set.

No mention of any female characters in the 2014 sets. I'm hoping we get Batgirl, and not another Harley variant…

The Star Wars folks have pictures of the catalog prelims, where are the Superheroes?! :tongue:

We don't really get prelims pics of the SH sets. Only SW has that luxery.

I hope we get two new villains and not Harley and some goons. I want the first, would hate the second.

If the retailers catalog is already leaked, we may see some pictures of the SH sets soon and I hope the Marvel Sets too!

Well it seems likely we'll get another Harley, I think it's like in the Funhouse Escape. The Penguin seems very unlikely, a new Two-Face too, so maybe we'll see Mat Hatter or Scarecrow or another Bat-Villain who's crazy.

Does anyone actually think that we are going to see a winter exclusive or what ? DC or Marvel ?

A Marvel D2C and a DC exclusive set from what I think.

Penguin again? Joker sounds interesting, if he has the hat, maybe the flat Forest Police hat in purple? But he could only have a single-sided head if he wears a hat. Nightwing and Batgirl would be awesome and I would prefer the Anakin hair in black for Nightwing, but who knows? I hope we get at least one more original first-time villain in the Steamroller, though. Man-Bat will just have pointier ears and larger wings, so he's not too exciting. It is odd that the Penguin is in the cheapest set... I also hope that we have some comic-inspired stuff in this wave.

A Marvel D2C and a DC exclusive set from what I think.

Thank you, I just don't know if there will be a big exclusive like Arkham Asylum again, but I guess there will be... But in the Marvel line most likely.

All the sets coming out really don't sound like anything new not even when it comes to minifigs, so I guess I won't be picking anything up this year for DC so far(I'll have to see the other two DC sets, yet to come.)

Well, I for one am excited to hear about the $13 Penguin set, especially if it's based on Batman Returns and has a Michael Keaton Batman. That's probably my favorite Batfilm and a Batsuit that I don't have yet, plus a classic villain that is so far only available in a set that I just can't afford. This is similar to TLG's strategy with Saruman from LOTR - you put the iconic villain in a massive $200 set, AND in a really cheap set for the other guys. Doesn't really count as a repeat IMO.

The Flash/Riddler set also looks very nice to me. Flash looks great, Riddler is another classic villain, and a variant Batsuit that doesn't look half bad. And even the Riddler's ride is ridiculous and will immediately be parted out, I actually really dig that Batmobile. It's different. It pops.

The other two sets sound like passes to me, saving my money for LOTR!

I like the idea of the dc sets, but I can't help but wonder if the riddler got a new outfit, why wouldn't penguin. Making, yeah he is in an expensive set and a cheap set, but it might not be the same.

Aren't all the new DC Batman sets all based of the new Beware the Batman Cartoon? So far i have watched all the episodes and i am going to guess that all the villains will get new outfits like the Riddler. Plus just guessing here but we may get an Alfred and Tatsu Yomishiro (Katana). I like the show so far but i'm still unsure of the idea of TLG making sets based of it.

Edited by MandaloretheLesser

Aren't all the new DC Batman sets all based of the new Beware the Batman Cartoon? So far i have watched all the episodes and i am going to guess that all the villains will get new outfits like the Riddler. Plus just guessing here but we may get an Alfred and Tatsu Yomishiro (Katana). I like the show so far not i still am unsure of the idea of TLG making sets based of it.

:sick: I hope not

I like Batman's new suit but thats honestly about it..

I don't understand all the hate for the Joker Steamroller set..it sounds ridiculous enough for Joker to move around in, and I think Lego will do a good job with it!

I too hope we get a new Nightwing!

:sick: I hope not

I like Batman's new suit but thats honestly about it..

I don't understand all the hate for the Joker Steamroller set..it sounds ridiculous enough for Joker to move around in, and I think Lego will do a good job with it!

I too hope we get a new Nightwing!

I get the impression it's more 'another Joker' than the steamroller concept itself. When people are hoping for new characters it can be frustrating to see Mr J pop up again. At least if they make him a little unique it's not so bad

I'm still not sure what sets I will be picking up. The only definite one is the riddler chase and I'm only getting that because we get flash in that set. As for the man-bat attack and Jokers steam roller set, well I'll decide weather to get them when I see the minifigures in those two sets. But if they include either Mad Hatter or Killer Moth in the steam roller set its a definite pick up for me. :laugh:

It kills me that someone took the time to take pictures of the Star Wars sets in the catalogue but not of anything else.

At least we GOT the pictures, and this early.

It kills me that someone took the time to take pictures of the Star Wars sets in the catalogue but not of anything else.

Perhaps (I'm hoping that I'm wrong, which I probably am) the Star Wars sets were the only pictures in the catalogue. We simply don't know. Right now, all we can do is wait to see if any more pictures from the retail catalogues emerge. And quite frankly, I'm not interested in the preliminary pictures we get from the retail catalogues anyways. They just end up giving people wrong impressions about the sets due to the lack of new moulds in the pictures, among other things.

Everyones assuming that there will be an equal number of DC and Marvel sets, but isn't it possible that with so many Marvel properties next year, these four DC sets might be all we're getting? That would leave space for 8 or 9 Marvel sets, which would be enough I think: 1 ASM, 1 USM, 2 Ca:TWS, 2 T:TDW, 2 GOTG

Just a thought - If we're getting scorpions on Chima, why not the villain Scorpion for Marvel?

-Sci