just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I don't like the USM Green Goblin. Reminds me of an Adventure Time character (can't remember his name)

:sceptic::sick:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

He says, "this will be out next year" at the big fig. I doubt he meant it as a set, but rather as D2C for the game. :wink:

He does say; "This is a new figure that will be out next year." True he does not mention the word "set", but in the context it does seem that way. The game is scheduled for release Oct. 22, why would they release downloadable content for one fig months later? :wacko: Usually, based on previous LEGO games by TT, if there is any downloadable content, it is usually announced as some kind of pre-order bonus. TT collaborates closely with LEGO on these games, so it would not be surprising if he as TT games staff has knowledge about future products.

Now sure the interpretation of what he saying is up for debate, but logically it would seem he talking about a future LEGO set with that character. Which could be either USM or even ASM2.

I agree that I think he slipped on a set leak. In context it definitely sounds like he is talking about how cool Ultimate Green Goblin is and then says he will be available next year which leads me to believe it's an actual figure!

He does say; "This is a new figure that will be out next year." True he does not mention the word "set", but in the context it does seem that way. The game is scheduled for release Oct. 22, why would they release downloadable content for one fig months later? :wacko: Usually, based on previous LEGO games by TT, if there is any downloadable content, it is usually announced as some kind of pre-order bonus. TT collaborates closely with LEGO on these games, so it would not be surprising if he as TT games staff has knowledge about future products.

Now sure the interpretation of what he saying is up for debate, but logically it would seem he talking about a future LEGO set with that character. Which could be either USM or even ASM2.

I'm partially hope it's a set. DLC has come out months later like in the last LEGO Harry Potter game. There could be a DLC pack with this and more figures.

Who knows though, only time will tell. I just don't see why there would be a USM set that hasn't been announced unless it was D2C. The only reason I think they didn't show a Marvel set in Comic Con was because they're all based on movies and/or they're a D2C set.

I'm usually wrong though. :grin:

I sooo would want a Gambit Lego Figure!!! WOW that's a lot of Marvel characters from that video!

My biggest take out of that video is that LEGO definitely want to make more big-figs. It seems like they are going to play a pretty prominent role in the game, and I am positive that we will see more big-figs in future sets. However I think we also need a mid sized fig for characters, because sure there are some big characters but not every big character should be the same size as the Hulk.

Judging by Legos previous USM releases and the slip by the TT employee I would expect that a new USM set will be out in January, which will have white tiger or power man figure. If we're really lucky the newest episode with the big figure version of green goblin in also has carnage in it so we may get him too. Especially as with venom lego should have noticed its a very Popular figure with customisers

Judging by Legos previous USM releases and the slip by the TT employee I would expect that a new USM set will be out in January, which will have white tiger or power man figure.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

I think Fantastic Four and X-Men are just a priority at this point. Can't believe we haven't got any of them yet and have just been getting movie and tv show based sets.

Judging by the list of characters in that game Lego would have plenty of minifigs to knock out for years.......but Howard The Duck ? ! :laugh:

I talked with a Tt games representative today at sdcc and he told me that he's seen the winter wave marvel sets, so I asked if he would give me a hint as to what to expect, he paused a moment and told me along the lines of "you may or may not see some sets based on amazing Spider-Man 2 and guardians of the galaxy" in that real vague way that makes you know that's what we're getting, an he said on set contains an awesome figure he'd never think would be in a set, and at this point I'm assuming that's Stan Lee. He also told me a bunch of awesome new info about the actual game and its preorder dlc if anyone's interested.

I hope that is what is released, some ASM2 sets would be brilliant. :drool:

Although I thought they would be spring sets, getting them a few months in advance would not be unexpected either. The only thing is I was hoping TLG would use the winter wave for comic X-men and Fantastic Four sets and save the spring/summer waves for the film based sets.

Here's all the new X-Men themed characters together. Interesting that they picked the two main villains of the new Wolverine movie.

2s01d3a.jpg

Yes!!! AS2 and GotG sounds awesome. And yes please do share the info and preorder dlc, but maybe in the thread for the game.

Edited by CBMM1

I don't like the USM Green Goblin. Reminds me of an Adventure Time character (can't remember his name)

:sceptic::sick:

-Sci

Xergiok?

He says, "this will be out next year" at the big fig. I doubt he meant it as a set, but rather as D2C for the game. :wink:

The character will most likely be unlockable in game anyway (which is this year) as he is such a well known character. I really reckon he meant in a set. I mean if they are doing more usm in January (like fwoosh said) then that is really the character to go with next as he still is the biggest antagonist of the television series and also I thought very well done not nearly as cringe worthy as other marvel villains in the show. I also hope Coulson turns up maybe in the same set! They can't make a videogame character and not gives us a Lego figure! That gun he is holding looks cool! Hopefully that turns up in a set with him. I like big fig lizard from the trailer and definitely want to see him! Edited by legofreak86

I talked with a Tt games representative today at sdcc and he told me that he's seen the winter wave marvel sets, so I asked if he would give me a hint as to what to expect, he paused a moment and told me along the lines of "you may or may not see some sets based on amazing Spider-Man 2 and guardians of the galaxy" in that real vague way that makes you know that's what we're getting, an he said on set contains an awesome figure he'd never think would be in a set, and at this point I'm assuming that's Stan Lee. He also told me a bunch of awesome new info about the actual game and its preorder dlc if anyone's interested.

I expect we'll get guardians of the galaxy sets this summer since the movie will be out on the cinemas this august and if we are really getting Amazing Spiderman 2 sets(which I really hope so :grin: ) I expect we'll be seeing them this spring since the movie comes out this may.But didnt he said anything about Captain America:The Winter Soldier sets??Or anything about if we are getting sets based on the next X-men film??

Damn Lego really keeping us in the dark,no news if we are gettings sets based on the next thor film or even what we'll be seeing this winter wave.

Edited by LOTR343

Lego along with Disney and TimeWarner really like teasing us, see it causes talk on the net.....free publicity for a movie and it's merchandise.....even if the film is 6 months to almost a year away. :wink:

I agree with most of those, except Rhino would definitely need to be a big fig. We could potentially get a brick built Rhino though if we do in fact get ASM 2 sets.

I admit he is bouncing between both. in Spectacular he was a Big Fig but in 90s Spider-Man he looked barely bigger than Doc Ock. Like someone mentioned more cases like the Hulk where we get a regular and a Big Fig version would be nice and practical, but with Rhinos horns I don´t think the chances are big, or they would need to do another mold.

The game is scheduled for release Oct. 22, why would they release downloadable content for one fig months later? :wacko: Usually, based on previous LEGO games by TT, if there is any downloadable content, it is usually announced as some kind of pre-order bonus.

Every LEGO game since LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga had a blurb at the back of the box about downloadable content. I guess they leave themselves the door open for real DLC content, so that could also change at any time.

Is that date region specific and final? Last time I heard it was 18.10. with that german ad for the Iron Patriot preorder.

Who knows though, only time will tell. I just don't see why there would be a USM set that hasn't been announced unless it was D2C. The only reason I think they didn't show a Marvel set in Comic Con was because they're all based on movies and/or they're a D2C set.

Well, they never announce the whole January wave at Comic-Con because they are stupid. I would think they give him out in some random regular wave set.

And the part about only revealing a DC set makes me suspicious too. It looks like they have some more additional equality clauses. The two Marvel SDCC figs were also available 350 each while the DC ones had only 200 available. Maybe this is linked, but I don´t know.

Also, a January release for ASM2 toys would be very far in advance. I would expect the first sets of the year to be Captain America 2 / USM and maybe Thor if he still is getting his set.

Lego along with Disney and TimeWarner really like teasing us, see it causes talk on the net.....free publicity for a movie and it's merchandise.....even if the film is 6 months to almost a year away. :wink:

But that comes with inevitable let-downs because most people envision better sets than they actually produce.

That's some great news about ASM 2! Although I agree that a January release of that and GotG would seem really early, and judging by how Sony is really trying to keep a lot of the plot underwraps I would think the sets would be released closer to when the movie gets released. GotG should be awesome too! Rocket Racoon and Groot will definitely have some interesting molds!

I admit he is bouncing between both. in Spectacular he was a Big Fig but in 90s Spider-Man he looked barely bigger than Doc Ock. Like someone mentioned more cases like the Hulk where we get a regular and a Big Fig version would be nice and practical, but with Rhinos horns I don´t think the chances are big, or they would need to do another mold.

Every LEGO game since LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga had a blurb at the back of the box about downloadable content. I guess they leave themselves the door open for real DLC content, so that could also change at any time.

Is that date region specific and final? Last time I heard it was 18.10. with that german ad for the Iron Patriot preorder.

Well, they never announce the whole January wave at Comic-Con because they are stupid. I would think they give him out in some random regular wave set.

And the part about only revealing a DC set makes me suspicious too. It looks like they have some more additional equality clauses. The two Marvel SDCC figs were also available 350 each while the DC ones had only 200 available. Maybe this is linked, but I don´t know.

Also, a January release for ASM2 toys would be very far in advance. I would expect the first sets of the year to be Captain America 2 / USM and maybe Thor if he still is getting his set.

But that comes with inevitable let-downs because most people envision better sets than they actually produce.

Do not forget ASM 2 is out in some countries including the uk in April. In order to build up excitement for the ASM 2 film they would have to release the sets in march at the latest so January could be them getting ahead of the game. I highly doubt that gotg sets will be in January because the movie probably won't even get a commercial trailer until march-may. I reckon in the January sets there may be some usm and some thor the dark world maybe and maybe 1 comic based set(either F4 or X-men most likely). The march-may spring wave will most likely from what we've heard be captain America 2 and ASM2. Then there will probably be one or two sets in summer for gotg. It would be the most logical way to do it unless thor the dark world set/s? appear this oct or something.

Edited by legofreak86

I expect a March/April release for ASM 2, if the rumor is true. It will probably be handled the same way Iron Man 3 was this year, only hopefully with a lot more movie accuracy :laugh:

Do not forget ASM 2 is out in some countries including the uk in April. In order to build up excitement for the ASM 2 film they would have to release the sets in march at the latest so January could be them getting ahead of the game. I highly doubt that gotg sets will be in January because the movie probably won't even get a commercial trailer until march-may. I reckon in the January sets there may be some usm and some thor the dark world maybe and maybe 1 comic based set(either F4 or X-men most likely). The march-may spring wave will most likely from what we've heard be captain America 2 and ASM2. Then there will probably be one or two sets in summer for gotg. It would be the most logical way to do it unless thor the dark world set/s? appear this oct or something. Heck if fox have done a deal with Lego we may see days of future past Lego in the summer.

Well the release date for the amazing Spiderman 2 is April the 18th, so we can expect to see sets about a month before the realise of the film.

With regards to the new Batman set, dragsters do in fact, have steering. LEGO knew this. They do not usually have a differential, however.

That new Batman set is ripe for some serious modding, that's for sure! :laugh: