just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

it was more of a yellow colour. I think a trans-yellow would've made look a little better. as for the BTB Batman, love the torso (reminds me of the City/Origins suit) but the gloves..... I can accept them being blue, I love them in black, heck I'd even mind purple but gray doesn't really work

oh and does anyone know if the windshield is a new piece or a new colour, cause then I can get in trans-clear and that'd probably look better

I Like the gloves being same color as suit, it's a shame lego didn't follow through with the everything same color style. but luckily the legs are easily changed.

I hope this is a $20 set!

The set they've revealed? It's confirmed to be $30. :look:

The set they've revealed? It's confirmed to be $30. :look:

Overpriced, but I guess it could've been worse.

Is there less than 300 pieces?

Is there less than 300 pieces?

It's basically on the border of that at 304.

It's basically on the border of that at 304.

With the mold(s) for Flash's helmet, I'd find it pretty reasonable if the set itself was desirable.

Edited by Superficial Username

Oh man, I love this set. I dont own a Batman with black cowl (only the white one) or a batmobile, which makes this set a must buy for me... and Flash is in it to expand my Superfriends/Justice League. Thats just great, great news for me.

Edited by Daimar

I think lego was just trying to get a new Bat symbol on a minifig to be honest. This the same thing that happened with the Dark Knight Batman porbaly due to the fact that it would just be to much Black and not look right. I'm actually a fan of the new Batman since it's a new design and not just another Comic Book design based minifig.

By the way, I think we can expect to see a new Robin and Joker based off the fact that the Large Lego Model of Batman is exactly the same design as the actual minifig so I wonder what sets we'll see them in.

Oh yeah the model looks like the statue!!! Awesome. I think it is partially new 52 based as I looked up the costume and it looks similar minus the belt. Yeah perhaps it is their own design this year nice to see a grey and black one though! I was hoping for one of those. Not too sure on gloves though...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2839/9317374078_eb40e50138_o.jpg

This set is really quite an odd one. The vehicles are as bland as bat-guano, specifically the Riddler's drag racer. That said, the minifigures are incredibly compelling, yet even they, the redeeming feature of the set, are in some ways, a little half-baked.

The Riddler has a nice, unique jumpsuit, a lovely green bowler, but retains the same face and lacks a true staff. There was generous room for Lego to really expand upon the figure, and it appears they utilised half of his available potential. I wouldn't complain overly though, he's one of my favourite Batman villains, and it's really always nice to have an alternate version of him + a somewhat accurate and certainly resourceful cane.

Flash is a huge draw, the set's biggest asset for most. My two qualms are that his helmet is a bit on the bulbous side and that he has a severe lack of yellow boots. Otherwise, quite nice.

Batman is an unexpected draw as well, for me at least. Being a massive Golden Age Batman fan, the black, vintage Bat-logo on his chest is incredibly refreshing and compelling.

I'll probably bite the bullet and splurge on this one, whatever the ridiculous Australian price will be (cease your price-related crying, American people) as I really love the minifigures, despite their minor oddities.

It'll probably be around $50 here I'd say. I'm definitely buying this set anyway, I don't have a Batman fig, and this one looks really good to me, with the colours of the TDKR one but a simpler design. Plus The Flash and Riddler, this set is great for me.

The Comic-Con minifigures aren't quite as depressing this time.

Amazing Spiderman is just practically normal Spiderman.

Spidewoman I've never cared for.

Black Suit Superman I can live without (much rather have that Bizzaro or a real alternative Superman costume).

Green Arrow is probably the best of the bunch.

Just remembered this image. The promo art version of the beware the batman television series had a grey suit with the same colour gloves and a black cape and cowl. Mystery solved I guess they were given concept art again: Beware-the-Batman-Full-Poster-Image.jpg

That's a shame I really like the all black batman we have although I don't have it yet, another all black one would have been good. I really wanted to like this set and thought with the flash it would be a must have but there are just too many disappointing things.

1: The price, we have had some great £20 3 fig sets and with this being $30 it could well be £30 going on other $30 sets like LOTR.

2: The Riddler is not an iconic version, in fact where does it even come from.

3: the vehicles, Riddlers there is just not much of it and once again were is this from, I like the bat one but the orange makes it a no from me.

4: batman, Im not getting all the versions so I just want the best ones and for me this is not one of them. I hope the flash comes in another set now they have it but I think this is unlikely.

As Im thinking about it does anyone think we will see the black batman we have in another set, could even be a lego movie set? or do I need to pick one of the sets he is in up before they are retired?

Edited by SMC

That's a shame I really like the all black batman we have although I don't have it yet, another all black one would have been good. I really wanted to like this set and thought with the flash it would be a must have but there are just too many disappointing things.

1: The price, we have had some great £20 3 fig sets and with this being $30 it could well be £30 going on other $30 sets like LOTR.

3: the vehicles, Riddlers there is just not much of it and once again were is this from, I like the bat one but the orange makes it a no from me.

4: batman, Im not getting all the versions so I just want the best ones and for me this is not one of them. I hope the flash comes in another set now they have it but I think this is unlikely.

As Im thinking about it does anyone think we will see the black batman we have in another set, could even be a lego movie set? or do I need to pick one of the sets he is in up before they are retired?

I'd advise picking up the 2012 ones he is in. There was that huge batwing type vehicle seen in the trailer for Lego movie which looks awesome. as they are doing 17 sets for the movie of lego I would not put it past them to have that behemoth bat flying vehicle as one of them which could include black bats as it is his vehicle. the 2012 ones are pretty much still availiable everywhere and the black one is in 2 different sets. The bank one is really cool as is the batwing so which ever take your pick. But this may appear in the 2014 lego movie line: 9322222262_01fa6fa01e_c.jpg

Edited by legofreak86

SMC, that Batman was also in the jetski polybag from 2012. Doubtful that you could get it in stores, but you could try bricklink

Just griping a bit here, but it's really unfair that SDCC gets all of these exclusives... for those residing overseas particularly.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the promotion, exclusivity, etc. I get that -- but they should release these minifigures for sale to the public, even if it is a year or two later. Otherwise you're stuck or you have to shell out hundreds of bucks on eBay.

Spider-Woman minifigure from SDCC is already bid up to nearly $500 currently. It's crazy. An incredibly tiny handful of people gain while the vast majority of LEGO's diehard fans globally lose...

What am I missing here?

Edited by agoodfella

Yep, the lego movie could also bring in more superhero characters such as green lantern if he appears in it :classic:

Ok, so today is DC day at SDCC. What should we expect? Nothing? We've already got the pic of the 2014 set? I guess the forums won't be as jumpy then..

-Sci

Nope.

how much is 30 dollars in british pounds is it like 25 pound or still 30

Set will cost 35 Pounds and 35 to 40 Euros. You compare the prices of sets on S@H, using currency converters is a noob mistake.

Just remembered this image. The promo art version of the beware the batman television series had a grey suit with the same colour gloves and a black cape and cowl. Mystery solved I guess they were given concept art again:

No, LEGOs designers are just colorblind since 2010 or so. When a color is very light and barely noticeable they use the stronger version regardless of another color being nearer to the design. This is how Boba Fett got sandblue arms and legs when he is always shown and drawn in light grey.

4: batman, Im not getting all the versions so I just want the best ones and for me this is not one of them. I hope the flash comes in another set now they have it but I think this is unlikely. As Im thinking about it does anyone think we will see the black batman we have in another set, could even be a lego movie set? or do I need to pick one of the sets he is in up before they are retired?

Exactly my thoughts. When I complained about to many small sets I wanted to get some more sets in the 80-100 range with more than 5 figs, now they just took a 26€ set, threw more unnecessary bricks to make it look a little bigger and make it "fit" the 35 - 40€ range.

I think they would have to still make some new sets with the old black Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman since they are advertised in the movie and the first DC wave retires right now and will be away when the movie rolls around. I don´t know if the LEGO movie sets will be invading the other lines and use direct tie-ins like the 5 seater Batwing, but if they don´t want to do it this obvious I can still see a Justice Hall or something else for next year.

But if you want to be sure, Batwing, Batmobile, Arkham Asylum all come with him in black costume (although Asylum has glider wings instead of a cape) and while the first two retire right now the Asylum will still be available through the entirety of 2013 and 2014, so you can take your chance and see if he maybe comes in a better kit.

Ok, so today is DC day at SDCC. What should we expect? Nothing? We've already got the pic of the 2014 set? I guess the forums won't be as jumpy then..

-Sci

I expect nothing more from this other than maybe some info on the LEGO Movies and LEGO Marvel games story/gameplay, so nothing relevant for this topic.

Worst Comic-Con ever, getting the figure line up for the first wave should be mandatory now. Giving us only two set pics is needlessly lazy of them.

I really thought LEGO finally knows what they are doing with this event.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Thanks Drock and legofreak86 and Navy Trooper Fenson, yeah I know about the jetski but cant pick it up too cheap so might as well put that money towards one of the bigger set. I might wait and see what the 2014 sets will be film and all and if I miss out I can always get the jetski from some where and I will be keeping an eye out on a sale on those other two. Could just get Arkham Asylum, the not cheapest way to get him lol.

back on topic, where are the SDCC pics

edit: added Navy Trooper Fenson to the thanks

Edited by SMC

I hope we are getting physical pictures of the riddler chase set in good quality this year rather than just the two leaked bad quality and cgi ones! I want to see riddler's full torso and cane and what batman looks like close up so I can judge for myself. To me its a cop out they are not revealing the minifigure line up for winter or at least revealing one marvel set as well as dc. I'll take what I can get though if we ever get proper pictures from the con of the physical set so we can actually see what the figures look like! I was hoping fbtb would have them same as last year! Where are all their lego reveal photos? Unless they are waiting until the end of Sunday to upload all of the Lego reveal pictures in one and not just dc superheroes.