just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I don't want Nightwing for the character, but for the ensemble. He (along with Batgirl and Alfred) needs to get an update, since he's popular, and one of the good guys. (and usually villains interest me more, so when I was young I didn't fall into the "kids want heroes" category!) And I swear, if we get GORDON before any of those three, I'll be a little...miffed, to say the least! :laugh:

Edited by 8BrickMario

I personally agree with you, I feel people want him as those who missed arkham 1 feel cheated that they would need to spend £25 or more on just one figure, So it is really more to do with angry people than want for the figure :laugh: .

I have the old Nightwing, but I still think we need a new one. LEGO has much better hair options for him along with better printing, back printing and double sided faces. Plus it's only fair that he gets an Update when nearly ever other 2006 Batman Minifigure has.

The figures look decent, but nothing more to that set. TLG in my humble opinion is making the same mistake that killed the previous Batman theme: they still produce vehicle vs vehicle sets.

i am positively sure that even for kiddies a "stationary" set with some scenery and great figs is not less appealing than a "swooshable" vehicles one.

I'm still waiting for a new Penguin's sub, though! Waugh-waugh! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I really hope the Riddler's dragster is a preliminary stage model. It looks absolutely awful. The Batmobile is Interesting at 12? studs wide. That only adds to how pathetic the Riddler's dragster looks. The Flash minifigure looks brilliant Though if he doesn't get boots and ankle wings printed on I'll be peeved. The helmet is awesome though. Thanks for the pictures people. :thumbup:

As long as Flash gets some yellow boots and there are more DC sets with new Heroes like Martian Manhunter and some non Batman villains, I'm sold. Hoping they have some more news at Comic-Con when I'm there tomorrow.

As long as Flash gets some yellow boots and there are more DC sets with new Heroes like Martian Manhunter and some non Batman villains, I'm sold. Hoping they have some more news at Comic-Con when I'm there tomorrow.

not sure about non batman villains as it appears this wave may be focussed on bats but there hopefully are more superheroes coming: cough green lantern!! cough cough. Sorry I think I've caught something!

The figures look decent, but nothing more to that set. TLG in my humble opinion is making the same mistake that killed the previous Batman theme: they still produce vehicle vs vehicle sets.

i am positively sure that even for kiddies a "stationary" set with some scenery and great figs is not less appealing than a "swooshable" vehicles one.

I'm still waiting for a new Penguin's sub, though! Waugh-waugh! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Yes I'd like something penguin related! I never got the arkham set but I have the original penguin figure. I hope it comes with penguin minions if we ever got a set like that. Do you know what would be cool but maybe only this vehicle and not the character styles this:Pen_Sub.png as I'd say the 2013 variant of pengers is based on the burgess Meredith version then that would be cool to see this! With some pirates. and joker riddler, batman and robin and maybe another superhero.

Edited by legofreak86

The official Flash-Minifig is glorious, the Rest of the Set doesn't excite too much.

Definetly not on a level with the likes of "Superman Vs Power Armor Lex", "Arctic Batman vs. Mr Freeze : Aquaman on Ice", or the recent Ultimate Spiderman Sets.

Oh wow.

A Green Lantern, Green Arrow in a set, Teen Titans and my life will be complete.

I don't want Nightwing for the character, but for the ensemble. He (along with Batgirl and Alfred) needs to get an update, since he's popular, and one of the good guys. (and usually villains interest me more, so when I was young I didn't fall into the "kids want heroes" category!) And I swear, if we get GORDON before any of those three, I'll be a little...miffed, to say the least! :laugh:

Sorry but We've already gotten a Gordon. Of course it's from TDKR but its still something

I think what mostly bothers me about the dragster is that I don't recall Riddler ever having one, I don't even really associate him with any vehicles. It just seems like a random decision for Lego to say "well of course the Riddler has a dragster." That aside though I do like the design overall.

The Batmobile definitely bothers me. It seems no matter how wide Lego makes it you can never fit more than one figure in it, which is funny considering most of the time the Batmobile has room for two people. For once I'd like a Batmobile where Batman doesn't need to tie passengers to the roof to bring anyone along for the ride.

When I first saw this set , I thought it was a moc with custom figures.

Sorry but We've already gotten a Gordon. Of course it's from TDKR but its still something

I know. I was referring to a comics/not Nolan trilogy Gordon. I knew that would get misconstrued! Sorry!

The set itself is so-so. I think the downside is TLG thinking everything needs to be swooshable. Yes, it adds in instant play value, but buildings with play features (similar to the Funhouse) sounds like a much better way to handle the license. Yes, vehicles are needed, but it seems silly to keep putting out the same vehicles over and over again with a different design. With that said, I don't hate the vehicles in this set. I don't see the purpose of a dragster either, but the Batmobile is decent. I prefer the 2012 version, so I doubt I will build this one.

But it helps that the figures sell the set. A new Riddler with a green bowler, great idea. A new suited Batman is welcomed. And the Flash, of course, is welcomed. I would prefer printed boots, especially since they seem to do that with multiple Comic Con figures, so why not official set figures too. The helmet looks good and I'm sure it will blend well with the red-head and printed face. I just hope the face isn't a weird color because of it (like Captain America's skin tone and the Stormtroopers darker complexion). I don't mind multiple skin colors since they exist in the real world, but when the underlying color causes it, it can be more of an issue. I just hope it isn't like the red-white-pink issues with Kingdoms or the Imperial Pirate torsos..

But count me in for a set. Granted I would think the price should be closer to the 20 marker instead of 30.

I agree. Remove the Riddler's dragster and it would be a suitable $20 set.

Or remove the Batmobile and make it a $10 set (Because who needs another Batmobile).

Ok its conclusive now. That batmobile is definitely a beware the batman version. Notice the large gold wheels,the headlights, the gold opaque cockpit and the clincher the engines at the back look identical to the ones in the show as does the wide front. Once we see the vehicle with the back bit down we can be truly sure but the whole design is almost 100 percent identical to the beware the batman batmobile. Another thing. This batmobile is only suitable for one person to sit in and has a red and black interior. It is almost like they made the design for the show based on Lego's usual bat-vehicle traits. So for those complaining it is only a 1 seater. There (this time at least) is a logical reason for that! I'm anticipating proper photos tomorrow along with whatever else they unveil. I'm hoping they unveil a marvel set and the marvel and dc figures for wave 1 of 2014.

Ok its conclusive now. That batmobile is definitely a beware the batman version. Notice the large gold wheels,the headlights, the gold opaque cockpit and the clincher the engines at the back look identical to the ones in the show as does the wide front. Once we see the vehicle with the back bit down we can be truly sure but the whole design is almost 100 percent identical to the beware the batman batmobile. Another thing. This batmobile is only suitable for one person to sit in and has a red and black interior. It is almost like they made the design for the show based on Lego's usual bat-vehicle traits. So for those complaining it is only a 1 seater. There (this time at least) is a logical reason for that! I'm anticipating proper photos tomorrow along with whatever else they unveil. I'm hoping they unveil a marvel set and the marvel and dc figures for wave 1 of 2014.

That's not conclusive! If anything, the Batmobile (Er whatever it is; personally I don't think it's the Batmobile, more like one of his many rides Lego makes up) only seems to be inspired from the show--nothing else in the set indicates that it's a Beware the Batman set. And I'm actually happy it's that way, since to me it seems way better to continue with DC comic sets so we can attempt to get a JLA rather then get Beware the Batman sets with Mr. Pyg and Magpie.

That's not conclusive! If anything, the Batmobile (Er whatever it is; personally I don't think it's the Batmobile, more like one of his many rides Lego makes up) only seems to be inspired from the show--nothing else in the set indicates that it's a Beware the Batman set. And I'm actually happy it's that way, since to me it seems way better to continue with DC comic sets so we can attempt to get a JLA rather then get Beware the Batman sets with Mr. Pyg and Magpie.

I agree but the design is clearly the same batmobile as the show same with batman. The only thing changed is the size of the cockpit which is more circular in the show rather than the piece they have gone for. Batman is clearly that design as someone has pointed out due to his utility belt. No I'd prefer if they are focussing on bats for them to do unmade villains that we actually know in his rogue's gallery Ras al ghul, croc, man-bat, deathsroke ,black mask, etc. Rather than those two villains. They had comedy value but that was about it. I just think it will be bats and his vehicles which might have an influence from the show.

I like the Batmobile, love the Flash, and hate the Riddler's dragster. So not bad so far.

I'm not too keen on the dragster! I'd prefer a green and purple car similar to the one with the really circular roof. With opening doors and question marks stickered or printed on them and maybe a function hidden somewhere. The dragster seems to be all we are getting though riddler wise so that's a shame but at least we are getting a better design of riddler. I hold judgement til I see it in real pics tomorrow not cgi! A car like this would be cool (but not all green) : Minus the drill bits though. http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/batman/images/8070567/title/corgi-toys-batman-riddler-car-production-art-wallpaper?ir=true

Edited by legofreak86

So it seems like they are going to milk Beware the Batman toyline? perfect way to throw us more batmans and close to zero GL. Why do I get the feeling we will get Justice League figs through SDCC...

So it seems like they are going to milk Beware the Batman toyline? perfect way to throw us more batmans and close to zero GL. Why do I get the feeling we will get Justice League figs through SDCC...

I wouldn't call one set milking BTB. It's not even directly a BTB set, they just threw in a BTB Batmobile and Batman. Plus Flash and Riddler are not in BTB so obviously it's not directly related to the show (Just Lego's way of cashing in on it without having to commit to a full theme). And we'll get a GL eventually. we now have five members of the Justice League, Lego is just taking it's time.

I'm just happy that we are slowly getting more characters. Aquaman this year, Flash next, and then maybe Martian or GL?

(Also, could you pin this topic up top Cornelius?)