Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

War Elephant

Just a small thing I whipped up to give my new CMF Centurion something to do. I also wanted to experiment a little with ground, as natural environments are hard for me to do for some reason.

img_3971.jpg

img_3972.jpg

img_3973.jpg

img_3974.jpg

It's not much, but it's a start :laugh:

Good start! That dude on the back of the elephant looks like he's about to fall out. The ground looks fine, just a little bare. In general, unless the ground is a well-kept yard, more irregularities = greater verisimilitude. I like the way you've turned some of the square 1x1 pieces to change up the angles, but you need more of them: their irregularity draws attention to the straight rows of studs; in their relative isolation, they look a little out of place.

Ragnar

Thanks, Ragnar. Yeah, I probably should've added more in retrospect. If I used those few amounts, probably closer to the green in a clump, right?

Make it bigger and add fragile trees for the elephant to crush. And more variation in the greens, mud and rock would be cool to. And bones.

Thanks Mutant Orc. I should've added bones now that you mention it. I have a lot of skeletons lying about. Unfortunately, my green pieces are very limited, along with my trees as are my brown bricks. I have bricks in dozens of other colors, just not the ones I need. :hmpf_bad:

Ah, yes the all too familiar irritation of having all the bricks... in the wrong colours! I have the same problem sometimes; but most ofmy brick related problems are the fact that they're all being used in modified sets!!

Edited by Mutant Orc

That problem plagues me as well!