MattZitron

Mini Mechas by Me!!!!!!!

A while back I saw these by Christopher Snead.

So I was inspired to create my own.

For a background to my Lego world click here.

minimechassmaller.jpg

Each has their own back story, so I'll run through them in the chronological order in which I built them.

MD-9

md9smaller.jpg

When the Fetts (Jango, Boba, Xanus and Young Boba) we investigating an old Mandalorian planet they discovered MD-9.

An old Mandalorian Battle Mecha the Fetts rebooted the droid with their combined personality engrams.

This no holes barred killing machine has the skills of the Universe's best bounty Hunters, as well as interchangable saw-blade and arm cannon.

He also has a short range jetpack thats good for up to 100 miles worth of flying.

Full Gallery Here.

Alpha One

alpha1smaller.jpg

Alpha Team's resident Mini Mecha.

When Alpha Team discovered the remains of Boba Fett's Slave 1 after a clash with GILO (Godzilla in Lego Only, pics to follow) they came across detail schematics to MD-9.

TeeVee analyised and improved on the design and created Alpha One.

The high class and noble ninja mini mecha flys into battle with his trusty rocket pack. He carries his dual Katana long box as well as packing a punch with his trusty side arm. He works alongside the other Alpha Team Commandos to help fight off the forces of Evil.

Full Gallery Here.

Omega One

omega1smaller.jpg

When a small platoon of robot warriors (The 3 Mini Robots from 4607 and the Black Robot Pod bot) were thrown into Galaxy 1's core planet 2 of their numer, Red 5 and Onyx were damaged.

By chance Alpha One was on a recon mission when they landed and he helped acclimatise the bots to the situation.

Onyx and Red 5's self repiar programs were damaged beyond repair so Alpha used his own dignositcs to combine the 2 droids into one body.

Unfortunately he created a monster. Dubbing himself Omega One, after his father, the new droid was evil and hell bent on domination and destruction.

He attacked the 3 droids and used his long rang flight capabilites (over 300 miles worth) to find other like minded individuals.

He ended up stumbling across Ogel and the forces of 3.V.I.L.

Realising Ogel's relationship with the Alpha Team Omega was happy to join and reak havoc across the multiverse.

Packing a wrist flame-thrower, an assault rifle and dakr katana, this is one Mecha not to be messed with.

Full Gallery Here.

Sorry about the crappy pics. Not feeling too well, and couldn't be bothered setting it all up properly.

Enjoy,

Matt

Sweet ! I have never seen the thread, dunno why ! its nice :) Those remind me of evangelion

Sweet ! I have never seen the thread, dunno why ! its nice :) Those remind me of evangelion

You know, its so sad, but I was worried everyone hated them!

I'm gonna set up a proper photo studio and take a load of better pics.

The third one (the black guy with the wings) looks so cool!

But as one suggestion: You might add some more parts to the feet to make them look more bulky...

Nonetheless the torsos are looking very fine, especially the orange-shouldered guy's!

The third one (the black guy with the wings) looks so cool!

But as one suggestion: You might add some more parts to the feet to make them look more bulky...

Nonetheless the torsos are looking very fine, especially the orange-shouldered guy's!

After taking those shots, I bulked Omega One out some more.

I wanted to keep them as light as possible so they're as flexible as possible.

I hope to make more, but I've run out of hinge plates!

hmm, i see u too saw a thing on brickshelf with these (note the site on top) i made mine, but mine look just like the ones in his, im thinking of custumizing, but they are great for brickwars.

what?!?! dont know of brickwars? the rule list (actually a book) about it here:

http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2000/contents.htm

get involved in it! its great fun, from getting midevil on some1's butt to teleporting, all on the battlefield! enjoy

I've gona a bit mad since doing my original 3.

I now have 10 more, and customised along the way.

Highlights include 2 cyborgs, one with detachable head with legs, a 4 armed mini, and a MEDIUM mini Mecha cybord 4 armed shogun.

Pictures to follow.

Matt,

I really like your mini-mechas, nice variety. I was fortunate enough to meet w/ Chris Snead in person a couple of weeks ago and saw his little mechas in person. I think small mechas are on the verge of making a great comeback as your creations atest to.

bfs

I emailled Chris and told him I'd done them and he was touched.

He's just done larger small mechas that are gorgeous.

He's got the skills to pay the bills.

Lego's supporting Mech building at the moment, which is fantastic!!!

i never thought of e-mailing him when i did mine, lego also has put some good mecha out there...well A good one. that is, of course, the mighty titain xp.its gorgeous....but not purple :'(