highlandcattle

My very first BIG MOC

indexed.gif B-OV-32A

I started to build on this size because my houses and black falcon fortress looked pitifull next to my shiny new BNSF. So I needed some bigger houses.

It may look like a Middle-Age house but the interior will be modern, since I'm a trainy . The cellar is for wine and treasure, the first floor will be a shop, the second and third one will be the living quarters of the shopowner.

410139341_d28477b976.jpg

The shop front:

Sadly I only have hinges in those colors *sniff*.

On this photo I noticed I used a bit to much dark gray for the front.

Before the door I will make a stairway.

410139347_db16db793f.jpg

The front and the back with the obligatory ivy ;).

410139356_ae02d7f092.jpg

A final view, please tell me what you think:

410139361_56cabefc36.jpg

If you want to see the photos full sized,

click here

Remember it's not yet finished, but I already wanted to show off my work.

That looks really nice. I Like the idea of hiding the treasure in the cellar, and the out side looks beatiful as well. Setting it on a hill was a good idea, And my fav part is the chimney.

That's a beautiful MOC! certainly for your very first Big MOC. The window on the parterre (right word?) blends in very nice with the rest of the MOC. And the treasure chamber is a very nice touch! *pirate*

The windows in the attic are very nice.

Lovely MOC!

Mr Tiber

I like it a lot. It's nearly perfect!

But I'm not sure about the white roof window.

And I agree with you, there is a bit too much dark grey in the front.

Really nice house! I like the fact that you can open it!

I'm like Bonaparte, I find the white roof windows too modern for this medieval house.

But you've made a good job *y*

Very nice streetlife and a beautiful vegetation! *y*

It looks like the pictures were taken during some medieval festival.... ;-)

But what happened to your modern town :'-( ?

Unlike you , I only have small table to put my lego on :'-( . This means I cannot keep older moc work around, also the lack of a big collection is also one of the factors.

Very nice streetlife and a beautiful vegetation! *y*

It looks like the pictures were taken during some medieval festival.... ;-)

That's how I explained it aswell :). But actually the medieval guys and the other house are remnants of the previous lay-out which included my Black Falcon fortress, I didn't take pictures of that lay-out.

In any case thanks for the kind words everybody.

That's really good. I like how you got the idea of a shop and the people live up top. What are those tan stairs near the treasure? I hope to soon see updated pics. *y*

That's really good. I like how you got the idea of a shop and the people live up top. What are those tan stairs near the treasure? I hope to soon see updated pics. *y*
There is a hatch right above the staircase!

I really like it. It has a classic touch. It does look more medieval than modern, probably because you mixed the figs and the scenery around it. I don't mind that, though. I used to mix my old train with my brother's castle all the time. That's what I've always liked about the System themes.

Your house could be used as a "Fachwerkhaus" in a town layout (not so much a city layout) or as a house in a castle layout.

Nice MOC *y*

419113745_d2ed6314ab.jpg

Instead of finishing up the shop, I built another house today.

This one is heavly based on the Blacksmith shop by daniel siskind. I rebuilt the roof from a picture on BS.

this house is much smaller and I will not bother with the interior until I've finnished the shop.

That new hose is small but good. The other house I like better. The new house has tons of blue, yellow, green, and red. The first one looks more realistic with more natural colors. *y*

Hi HC, the time I get to spend online is quite random at the moment, so I only just spotted this. Very sweet work. Your moc building skills just get better and better. The medieval street scene just brings the buildings to life too.

I have to agree with Mike F and say there's something not quite right about the colours on the second building. I think if you changed the red timbers to black it would look a lot more natural. I think you could make these houses in all sorts of colours as long as you keep the timbers black.

On the whole though this is just excellent. Keep building! :-)