Sign in to follow this  
BadLeo

MOC: Toronto CN Tower

In 2011, I was built this Sydney Opera House for City Plaza, and this year, my team LegendBricks and me was invited by City Plaza again and we hosted a show "

".

I picked the topic "Toronto CN Tower", here are some photos of it, enjoy!

Video

mqdefault.jpg

7175_10152980023805131_1715062473_n.jpg

1011385_10152979660810131_2060856871_n.jpg

1010784_10152979670130131_16302379_n.jpg

1001135_10152977151700131_582758376_n.jpg

Picking before site setup

971302_10152968863750131_425908918_n.jpg

Light effect

995812_10152946381815131_1083129462_n.jpg

building Rogers Centre

379693_10152866062370131_922058055_n.jpg

How component fit together(The joint of bottom pictures was revised in final version)

971137_10152835979785131_614740346_n.jpg

Tried many times to make the curve...

936226_10152803620090131_809806227_n.jpg

Disintegration Figure

1017545_10153085596780131_625118432_n.jpg

Edited by BadLeo

That looks incredible! I think you've done a great job in capturing the curves and top platform details. How long do it take to design and build?, and, how many bricks does it contain?

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Toronto resident here (well, GTA, close enough), well done on capturing one of our landmarks. Bothers me that they changed the name to Rogers Centre but they did do a good job of renovating the stadium.

Looks good! I am from Toronto, and it is very rare to see someone make a MOC of the tower. The tower could be taller, as it looks out of proportion, but that's understandable as it would be too tall to stand. Also, the buildings are grey, but they do look nice in tan. Great job with the lights and the observation deck. They look great :thumbup:

Oh, should have mentioned that I'm ex-Toronto (The Beaches area, east of town) and the CN Tower dominated the skyline from wherever you were, but my favourite view of it was from the Islands.

This is awesome, especially the lighting effect! Some interesting techniques on the tower too. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing model of this very recognisable building! And the lighting effect is outstanding. You have captured the curves and the arch so well!! Congratulations!

Well done and happy building :laugh:

Bothers me that they changed the name to Rogers Centre but they did do a good job of renovating the stadium.7.gif

Edited by manoutdoor

That looks incredible! I think you've done a great job in capturing the curves and top platform details. How long do it take to design and build?, and, how many bricks does it contain?

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks! It took me a month to build it(build after work:P),i think around 30 hrs., I really doesn't counted how many bricks I use, I guess maybe 2k ~ 3k.

Toronto resident here (well, GTA, close enough), well done on capturing one of our landmarks. Bothers me that they changed the name to Rogers Centre but they did do a good job of renovating the stadium.

Some secret, I am not planned to built the Rogers Centre (SkyDome) at the beginning, but I saw all photos and model they appear together, so, well, I think have to do it :P

Looks good! I am from Toronto, and it is very rare to see someone make a MOC of the tower. The tower could be taller, as it looks out of proportion, but that's understandable as it would be too tall to stand. Also, the buildings are grey, but they do look nice in tan. Great job with the lights and the observation deck. They look great :thumbup:

out of proportion < Yes, I am planned to build it in 165cm +-10cm. but if I made the deck small, it not round enough and just not eyes candy, so I made this conceptual proportion :P

Oh, should have mentioned that I'm ex-Toronto (The Beaches area, east of town) and the CN Tower dominated the skyline from wherever you were, but my favourite view of it was from the Islands.

Haha, I never been there. so I use google earth for reference, it help a lot

This is awesome, especially the lighting effect! Some interesting techniques on the tower too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, by this project I discovered some techniques of hexagon, E.g 4-studs-side hexagon will fit into 5-studs-side hexagon

Amazing model of this very recognisable building! And the lighting effect is outstanding. You have captured the curves and the arch so well!! Congratulations!

Well done and happy building :laugh:

lighting effect < Thanks, it containing 3 1 meter long LED tape, and the curves I rebuilt 3 times :P and I have to make a draft in gird paper finally

AWESOME build there 'BadLeo', the lighting effect totally sets it off......Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks ;)

Brilliant. I know nothing of this building, but to the source material it seems very fitting.

The lighting is neat, but the rounded dome on the top tower is brilliant. Well done there. I can't even wrap my head around that.

And I never saw that Sydney Opera House before either. Great job on that too!

My my that is an amazing one! As LT pointed out earlier, the lighting made it a thousand times better :classic: . Keep up the good work 'BadLeo'! :thumbup:

Thanks for so many detailed pictures! They really show the great detail you put into your work, nicely done!

WOW

Awesome, its a great builg you have out there :thumbup:

congrats

Thanks ! ;)

Brilliant. I know nothing of this building, but to the source material it seems very fitting.

The lighting is neat, but the rounded dome on the top tower is brilliant. Well done there. I can't even wrap my head around that.

And I never saw that Sydney Opera House before either. Great job on that too!

Thanks! :wink:

My my that is an amazing one! As LT pointed out earlier, the lighting made it a thousand times better :classic: . Keep up the good work 'BadLeo'! :thumbup:

Thanks!, and I think light Fx add value to lego building same as building in our real life :wink:

Thanks for so many detailed pictures! They really show the great detail you put into your work, nicely done!

Thanks! I think techniques sharing are as important as creation sharing, right? :wink:

Changing colors is a nice touch.

Wow simply stunning. AWESOME MOC! Great work on the lighting as well! Two thumbs up!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Changing colors is a nice touch.

Thanks!

Wow simply stunning. AWESOME MOC! Great work on the lighting as well! Two thumbs up!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Wow, love it! Scares the hell out of me all over again! :D :D

Thanks!

For the lighting, I am worrying there may be over heat when 3 1M LED tape just installed in a around 10x10 space at the beginning,

but thanks to the air con. there, it is fine for running over 20 days until now.

Because when I was doing testing in workshop, there is some strange plastic smell coming out :sick:

This is awesome!!

My mum is native to Toronto so I spent lots of time there. Like someone said it is instantly recognizeable.

So amazing!