Very interesting.... *y*

"Like jet fighter pilots", huh.... 8-|

Very interesting.... *y*

"Like jet fighter pilots", huh.... 8-|

That explains where they get their supplies :-P

-l2k-

Wha? 60 bucks? weird...

-ZotS

Where did you get that? I see 47 USD.......

Man, why are the prices for these sensors so damn expensive? |-/ it took me half a year to save up for the Mindstorms set, (which I have) and now they keep coming out with new sensors that are 50 USD each! If I got all three (I don't have any of them) it would be ANOTHER six months so save up! *n* And how will I get my MTT tank when it comes out? :-P

I meant in Canada.

-ZotS

Oh. Dem Canucks colloquially refer to their currency as bucks? I thought that was just an American thing...........

Man, why are the prices for these sensors so damn expensive? |-/ it took me half a year to save up for the Mindstorms set, (which I have) and now they keep coming out with new sensors that are 50 USD each! If I got all three (I don't have any of them) it would be ANOTHER six months so save up! *n* And how will I get my MTT tank when it comes out? :-P

Because of whats "inside." Those are electronics that are usally not just handed out to everyone. Comeone think about it. A device that automaticlly adjusts to true north and compensates for interferance, and a device that can allways tell you which way is up, no matter what angle you are at. We are talking exspenive deivces here. Just be glad they are as cheap as they are. Also note the royalty fees and internation shipping.

Because of whats "inside." Those are electronics that are usally not just handed out to everyone. Comeone think about it. A device that automaticlly adjusts to true north and compensates for interferance, and a device that can allways tell you which way is up, no matter what angle you are at. We are talking exspenive deivces here. Just be glad they are as cheap as they are. Also note the royalty fees and internation shipping.

yeah, but what I was saying, was that the new NXT is aimed at 10-year olds and up, and I think that a 10-year old kid would rather buy a $50 batman set (or any other $50 set) well, let me put it a different way:

imagine that you're a 10-year old kid, you just got a NXT, and have had it for a few months when you found they have more stuff you can buy for the NXT online, now you have ether saved up for a Year for this, and have wiped out your savings buying NXT, and you have $20 left over from it, and now you see that these new sensors are $50 each! :-/ do you save up for another few months, or buy all the new LEGO sets that have come out that you really want?

anyway, what I'm trying to say is that TLC should make these sets a bit cheaper, $37 might be fine but $50 for these sensors (which if I get them, won't be that useful to me :-( ) is a bit to much.

...and a device that can allways tell you which way is up...

Oh, come on. How expensive could that honestly be?