Paul Boratko

Nathanael Kuipers' AWESOME Street Rod 42000 Alternate

I also like Error404's idea of having a competition to make a B-Model out of a specific set of parts.

If we didn't know what the A-Model was yet, it'd be interesting to see if anyone would design something close to the A-Model.

Your idea of the actual A-model being secret, seeing if anyone could design something close to it, wasn't what I intended. At least I understood that you understood it that way. Sorry for any confusion.

What I mean is that TLG create the actual A-model, and then publish pics + the complete parts list, and there could be a competition allowing fans to create a physical or digital B-model with as many of the parts as possible. And the best one, getting the most votes from an official poll, would become the official B-model. Repeating myself from my original post, I know, but in case of any confusion, I want to make it more clear.

@Error404 - thank you for your clarification. I did understand your original intention, I was just adding to it with other possibilities. Either way would be great - having a little bit more community involvement. If someone creates a really great B-Model, they might even be offered a job to work at Lego.

@Error404 - thank you for your clarification. I did understand your original intention, I was just adding to it with other possibilities

Ok, then we're all good :laugh:

This Street Rod is simply awesome! I like it very much. I was not interested in this set but thanks to this alternate I am.

This one is really cool, better then the A-model. Anybody heard if there will be an instruction for this? I have the kit but not build anything yet from it.

Does Nathanael ever release instructions ? I'd love to build this ... would even pay for instructions for a model this good!

He didn't release instructions, but you should be able to reverse engineer it. I did. It didn't take too long. :classic:

Edited by Kronos

Very very cool...! :thumbup: :thumbup:

He Do Always Awesome job :classic: Edited by Blakbird
Removed quoted images.

Wow...just wow!

Makes me wonder (having the 42000 new in box0.....will I start building this model or the Grand Prix racer.

Would be nice to see a side by side comparison with the 8070 street rod B model.

Wow...just wow!

Makes me wonder (having the 42000 new in box0.....will I start building this model or the Grand Prix racer.

Would be nice to see a side by side comparison with the 8070 street rod B model.

Great idea! If I find the time...... Right now I'm attempting to reverse engineer DOC's '32 Ford.

He didn't relaese instructions, but you should be able to reverse engineer it. I did. It didn't take too long. :classic:

Yeah, just from the great pictures that he has posted, it should be fairly easy to figure out.

A word of warning for relative newcomers to Technic: The above statements are lies. Lies I say!

Nah. Kidding. It's an awesome model - especially given the limitations of using only the 42000 pieces (yes, zux, all you need is in the set) - but is also quite a challenging exercise to create from the pics for the less experienced (or just plain useless) builder. I must've spent about 15 hours on it all up. Still not too sure about a few obscured sections like the front mount for the engine or the area where the door hinges and side bracing meet. However, lessons were learnt and much enjoyment had. Kudos to Mr Kuipers.

I must agree with post above, it is not possible to recreate whole thing just from those pictures :thumbdown: , somebody is not telling the truth but we are just humans :hmpf_bad: ....

Yet again great model by Nathanael :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This must be the most amazing B-model (and I'm not talking only fan made) I've seen yet. If instructions would be available I would gladly pay to implement them in my collection. I will be reverse engineering it anyway, but Nathanael deserves something more than praise.

Thanks!

-ED-

Unimog tires in the back?

Nice job reverse engineering.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I did it mainly because I needed a set (2) of the 42000 tires for DOC_Brown's '32 Ford. I don't think they look bad at all.