France_et_Alex

Brickflick: Bestia – based on true events

Hello! :classic:

"Bestia" means beast in old French. The story of our 22 minutes-long latest brickflick is based on true events that took place in the 18th century in France. It took us two and a half years to finish this project. We thought some of you here could appreciate it.

(English subtitles are provided)

You can also watch the trailer for “Bestia” if you don't have 22 minutes free right now:

And the making-of movie for it:

Edited by France_et_Alex

We updated the first post where we added the making-of movie for our brickfilm.

You can see lots of brickfilming technics, especially for camera movements. Enjoy!

LOVE the behind the scenes video.

Your use of gears, levers and unconventional techniques is amazing. (Putting the dogs on tape and running them over slopes, the clock rig, the mud rig, the precise markings for the pans, Ect..)

That just goes the huge amount of work and time that went into this masterpiece. No wonder it turned out so amazingly.

Fantastic, simply fantastic.

This is phenomenal. What a terrifying story! Beautifully made, your camera techniques are superb. I loved the lighting, and the effects. The scene that goes through all the seasons was especially good, but the whole thing is well worth watching. I can tell it was a labour of love. Outstanding,

:classic:

I finally had a chance to sit down and watch the whole thing and I am sure glad I did! The creativity you showed in creating some of those shots was incredible, and the final product was flawless. I really liked the shot of the men riding through the arch with the building in the background.