Sign in to follow this  
casewindu

Custom Minifigs Showdown

Loving the work vader! Oh and by the way, it's Captain Jack sparrow! :-D

Loving the work vader! Oh and by the way, it's Captain Jack sparrow! :-D

Sorry Captain Jack Sparrow :-$ X-D ;-)

Love the Sparrow (no Captain OR Jack :-P). The head sculpt is ingenious, as are the boots. I just wish they could go all the way around the legs.

I have a few. Most of them made a while ago.

Here is a clonie I made. There are a couple other varients of him. But I liked this blue one best.

picture_130.jpg

This design I made for somebody to make and I bought it.

picture_205.jpg

This one is the same, I made the design, somebody made it, I bought it.

picture_204.jpg

This one I made, simple.

picture_206.jpg

^ All these were made nearly two years ago.

My Haloween entry

dscn0159.jpg

and my trench coat.

picture_375.jpg

I'm working on changing the coat so that it extends of to the front of the torso, meaning I'll have to custom make a template, hooray!

Wow. Those POTC are great stuff. Blue eyes.... I have to watch the movies again.... X-D

And that Clone Troopers are very nifty too. Cool. *y*

Wonderful custom there, Bonaparte! Reminds me of a very skilled customizer over at MCN who makes the most amazing customs with paper...

Here are some figures I made, albeit with no modification of pieces, so they may not belong here:

Elvis:

elvis.jpg

Joseph Smith:

josephsmith.jpg

An Angel:

angel.jpg

Star Trek TOS:

startrek-tos.jpg

Star Trek DS9:

startrek-ds9.jpg

Roland from Stephen King's Dark Tower series

roland.jpg

Norman Bates:

bates3.jpg

And his mother:

bates4.jpg

Plus these others:

Eve

Abraham & Issac (plus the angel, again)

Caesar

Little Red Ridinghood

Shakespeare

Columbus

Linus

Indiana Jones

Hugh Hefner

Pennywise the Clown (aka It)

Saint Peter

Smeagol

Odin

Thor

Ebenezer Scrooge, Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, Marley, Xmas Ghosts and Yours Truly

Sean Connery as James Bond

Roger Moore as James Bond

Steve

Here's a few:

A disco king

afroman.jpg_thumb.jpg

Pilot extraordinare

alice.jpg_thumb.jpg

A small man that'll mess up your mind

dream_gnome.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some guy with a propeller on his head

flying_man.jpg_thumb.jpg

The mellow gunner

guy.jpg_thumb.jpg

A ruler over nothing

king_of_nothing.jpg_thumb.jpg

A certain green clothed Hyilian

link.jpg_thumb.jpg

ME!

me.jpg_thumb.jpg

Making use of those Bionicle figs

pcbg.jpg_thumb.jpg

A fighter for better dental care

tooth_fairy.jpg_thumb.jpg

and... a cocky knight

vincent.jpg_thumb.jpg

I have a question for you customizing experts.

I want to give out a bunch of Lego keychains as a promo item.

I would like to be able to put about 4 words ont he back of the minifig.

The obvious way to do this is with a sticker of some kind. Engraving must be very hard and expensive.

Where can I get these stickers, what software or special stuff do I need to get this done. Would any of you guys do this for me? (print the stickers and sell them to me). Just black print on a clear background.

I would want them to be reasonably sturdy, not to have the sticker fall off in 2 days.

Thanks.

I have a question for you customizing experts.

I want to give out a bunch of Lego keychains as a promo item.

I would like to be able to put about 4 words ont he back of the minifig.

The obvious way to do this is with a sticker of some kind. Engraving must be very hard and expensive.

Where can I get these stickers, what software or special stuff do I need to get this done. Would any of you guys do this for me? (print the stickers and sell them to me). Just black print on a clear background.

I would want them to be reasonably sturdy, not to have the sticker fall off in 2 days.

Thanks.

Well labels seems your best option for what you want, though if its a clear background then your gonna need someone who prints on clear label decals and theirs not that many people out their who do. Now i can help you with the decals if its a coloured background but not if its clear.

As for programes people use software like Coral Draw, Pro Paint etc but software like this can set you back abit.

Well labels seems your best option for what you want, though if its a clear background then your gonna need someone who prints on clear label decals and theirs not that many people out their who do. Now i can help you with the decals if its a coloured background but not if its clear.

As for programes people use software like Coral Draw, Pro Paint etc but software like this can set you back abit.

Hi Vader.

Well, it's a doctor minifig, which has a white shirt, so I guess a white decal background would be fine too as long as it mostly matched the Lego white.

How sturdy are the decals though? Is it special material or just regular glue-backed paper? Will they peel off after 1 hour in the pocket?

Hi Vader.

Well, it's a doctor minifig, which has a white shirt, so I guess a white decal background would be fine too as long as it mostly matched the Lego white.

How sturdy are the decals though? Is it special material or just regular glue-backed paper? Will they peel off after 1 hour in the pocket?

I can match up any colour to that of lego so thats not a problem, as for wear and tear the labels are very good and wont feel off unless pulled. I have figs with labels still like new from years ago, if theyre in pockets then i guess the combination of other items and body heat may make the labels less likely to stay in good condition.

There's actually a little trick for keeping decals on. Apply a THIN layer of nailpolish remover to the torso, then let it dry. It'll be a little shiny, but that decal will stay on so well you could throw it in a bin of your other figs and have it come out okay.

If you want it on a clear background, Kaminoan runs a printing service using waterslide decals. He tends to charge $1US/decal

There's actually a little trick for keeping decals on. Apply a THIN layer of nailpolish remover to the torso, then let it dry. It'll be a little shiny, but that decal will stay on so well you could throw it in a bin of your other figs and have it come out okay.

If you want it on a clear background, Kaminoan runs a printing service using waterslide decals. He tends to charge $1US/decal

You know for all my printing etc ive never used anything to hold the decals on, im quite heavy handed too so that just speaks volumes for the labels i use X-D

You know for all my printing etc ive never used anything to hold the decals on, im quite heavy handed too so that just speaks volumes for the labels i use X-D

Really? Wow, I remember the first time I ever bought something with a custom decal it got scratched and ruined just by putting it in my pocket :'-(

Here are some figures I made, albeit with no modification of pieces, so they may not belong here:

Joseph Smith:

josephsmith.jpg

Nice figs! well done,

Who is Joseph Smith?

Joseph Smith. is the founder of Mormonism...

I made him when I went to Utah for vacation.

I also recently made Moses:

moses.jpg

Steve

thank you for Information

(I already thought it was maybe the role played by Leonardo DiCaprio in "Blooddiamond" with the gold and the gemstone :-D )

Well, this could turn out as a discussion about the customs index, so you can chat about the customs in here AND show your customs so they can be added to the currently-not-existing- index...

Mr Tiber

ok here is my much loved marolyn monroe!

marolyn-monroe.jpg

:-D

sorry just realised my marloyn is on the first page oops!

Some sort of CIA Spec Ops SWAT squad I presume?

Some sort of CIA Spec Ops SWAT squad I presume?

Militia troops of some militarized country.

-l2kp