Another one of my "holy grail" sets came a few days ago. The first being the 8420 Street Bike and now the 8265 Front Loader. I bought it used and it came unassembled with 100% of the parts, instruction booklets and all the necessary power function accessories to motorize it. It was $160US including shipping and while that is still expensive I saved around $100 by buying used. The build process was really fun and the finished model is actually better than I had pictured it and it matches perfectly with the 8043 excavator.

I was trying to figure out which real loader Lego modeled the 8265 after, and to me it resembles a mid to top of the range Caterpillar.

xkvd.jpg

glfs.jpg

mjt8.jpg

ooyi.jpg

tpl5.jpg

xqal.jpg

ybjc.jpg

It is an astonishing model. I spent my final high school year at the construction machine operator line, and I have operated a few front loaders up to the size this model would be at if it was in full size.

I would love to get my hands on this model myself :D

It's a nice set. For full RC motorization, consider Attila Nagy Abonyi's "...8265 Front Loader, fully motorized with 3 PF M and 1 PF XL motors. The set has been heavily rebuilt, as I had to find place for the 4 motors + 2 receivers. I left the V6 engine where it was. The outlook is the same as the other models without RC motors.

Pictures: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=395957 .

INSTRUCTIONS:

LDD: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/biker/8265RC/8265motorized.lxf .

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=399314 .

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44797124@N07/sets/72157622840497504/ ."

Btw, is the rims and the tires the same size as the big tires on the 8069 Backhoe Loader? They look bigger.

Nope, they're the same. :wink: You're right though, they do look bigger in the pics. Sorry for the OT, but does 8069 usually come with 6 pinhole wheels? I've seen the 3-pinhole ones in a review but mine came with the newer ones.

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

The rims are the same one for both sizes, and yes, they have 6 pin holes.

8265 is a must have set, if it wasn't the 8258 Crane Truck it would have been 2009 flagship. What i love about this set is the attention for details, i don't think there is another set (construction set) with such amazing details.

The appearance, the mechanics, the functions, I still love this set, i DO! :sweet:

Not to mention: they look so fantastic with 8043 together... :wub:

8011985080_dfc8e4172b_c.jpg

Edited by agrof

8265 is one of my personal favorites. This the the first ever technic model that I built.

DSC_0895.jpg

8265 with 8043 A&B

20032013697_zpsc20ca787.jpg

20032013694_zps5fd287f3.jpg

I motorized mine,but the mod construction was poor in some places which led me to make my own loader.

I like it. Very useful parts for MOCs, too. Very easy to install headlights on it.

Too bad the alternate model is crap.

Edited by SheepEater

I really like this set. Only thing i feel is that the action for the "bucket" is a bit slow. I used the PF instructions on it but they got removed to be used on a crane.

8265 is a great set!

I was hesitant about spending more than $150 on used Lego's but there was no way I could pay the $250+ for a new one and feel like I got a good deal. Even if I had used Bricklink the total would probably be close to $150 anyway.

just my 2 ct:

8265 is beaten by far by the older pneumatic 8439 Front loader: better design, more realism cause of pneumatic, more ingenious solutions, much better playability (8265 without PF has more or less no playability because you have to screw and screw and screw ... an ... screw to lift up the bucket - and 8265 with standard PF looks quite ugly) - the only advantage of the 8265 is: it's bigger but this is not really an advantage....

I recommend every fan of the 8265 to catch the 8439 .................................. ;-)