GRogall

Modular Building 10243 Parisian Restaurant (2014 Modular Building)

If these restaurants are really busy then we should be getting a whole bunch of minifigs...... right?? :tongue: And no kid minifigs, kids aren't welcome at fancy Parisian Restaurants :grin:

I thought it was hard enough to choose between the town hall and the cinema, but now this?! :wall: Wonder how this will look like, sounds interesting. I think the pics would not be coming soon but maybe around Q3 of 2013. I hope Lego makes a incredibly detailed kitchen and wine cellar :moar: .

This LEGO Creator Expert set (#10243 "Parisian Restaurant") will cost 149€

This LEGO Creator Expert set (#10243 "Parisian Restaurant") will cost 149€

How did you get this information?

149 Euros (no Euros key on my keyboard). Is this a prediction or a leaked info. 'vean', whre did you get this? If it is true I wonder how many pieces is included to make the price that high :shrug_confused:

How did you get this information?

149 Euros (no Euros key on my keyboard). Is this a prediction or a leaked info. 'vean', whre did you get this? If it is true I wonder how many pieces is included to make the price that high :shrug_confused:

Actually, I posted it on Brickset yesterday and forgot to add it here!

It's almost the same price as the cinema, and cheaper than the sets before the cinema.

And I just took a look at S@H and there are 2194 pieces in the cinemaset, 2032 pieces in the Petshopset and 2182 pieces in the grand emporiumset, these two set cost more than the cinema.

Oeh, sweet anticipation!

It is even rumoured part of it is visible in the Lego movie poster, I read.

It is even rumoured part of it is visible in the Lego movie poster, I read.

Could be as there are several modular-looking rooftops in the poster scene...

The-LEGO-Movie-2014-Poster.jpg

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

I haven't looked at that movie poster before, so there are a lot of goodies in there. I don't know what this one will look like, but there are a lot of rooftops that I might want to try to build into a modular of my own. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the information, GRogall! Having missed both CC and GG, a restaurant is just about what my modular street needs. And I'm a fan of the general Parisian style as well (really, how can you not be?). A Palace Cinema-esque price tag is a nice thing to know, too. I wonder who's been leading the design team on this one. =)

Information given on Hothbricks.com : http://www.hothbrick...maersk-en-2014/

And confirmed by a Lego store staff member.

For 149€, could we have that ?

Edited by vean

@ evans

This information comes from this french blog: http://www.hothbrick...maersk-en-2014/

Information given on Hothbricks.com : http://www.hothbrick...maersk-en-2014/

And confirmed by a Lego store staff member.

Please edit your previous post if you have something to add and don't just post the same link twice. Thanks.

For 149€, could we have that ?

Uhm... no.

It's almost the same price as the cinema, and cheaper than the sets before the cinema.

And I just took a look at S@H and there are 2194 pieces in the cinemaset, 2032 pieces in the Petshopset and 2182 pieces in the grand emporiumset, these two set cost more than the cinema.

Oh, didn't knew about that. I'm not used to converting Euros to USD. Regarding the LEGO movie poster I couldn't find something resembling this set, perhaps should wait for more info like how many floors, what's the main color of the building, etc.

Here is a synthesis of the various informations that could explain why the next modular model will be a “Parisian restaurant”:

1. Lego will launch the biggest Lego Store of Europe at Disney Village in Paris, just in front of Disney Cinema Park.

Pic 1 Pic2 Pic3

2. The next part of that park will be built this winter on the theme of the cartoon "Ratatouille". It will appear under the shape of a life-size reconstruction of a square of the 19th Paris. The visitors will be immersed in this Paris, where they will find an attraction and a restaurant.

ratatouilleperspectivec.jpg

ratatouillerenderingcop.jpg

By going out of the dumping, the visitors are going to find themselves in Lego Store, where they can buy a part of this set, miniature Paris.

Commercially speaking, the opportunity is too great. Without using the Disney license, there is a good blow to be played for Lego.

Edited by vean

Hi

many thanks again to GRogall, again!

I know so many stuff that early, i hope we do not find him in a couple of weeks hanging around at the Moskows airport terminals... ;)

Dino

I can't wait to see it, I really like Paris. I wanted to collecting modulars but I dont have enough money to do it, but if this will turn out as I imagine, then I will be deffinetely buying it, thanks for the info GRogall!

YES!!! Another Modular. Now where are the 2014 HERO Factory Names?

Eh? not even interesting!

Please keep to the topic!

Here's hoping for some sand red!

I too would love the return of sand red, but every time I've talked to a LEGO designer about this, they say it's almost impossible the colour could return. They'd have to remove another colour from the pallet to do it. The only vague possibility I can see is if Friends needs another pink at some stage.

I too would love the return of sand red, but every time I've talked to a LEGO designer about this, they say it's almost impossible the colour could return. //

Doesn't mean we should stop bitching about it!