The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Anyone kind enough to share the image? Please? In a private message would be good.

EDIT: It has the bulk of older modulars but also the architectural details of the PS. Love it!

Is that meant to be a bar, or just a sort of shop that lets people play pool in it? And are those apartments above the Barber?

It's a Pool Hall or Billiards Hall, usually they serve drinks as well.. not sure what you would call that sort of place in NZ. I would imagine they are apartments with access and mail boxes like the GG.

Over at LowLUG, stuifzand (re)posted the first image of 10246 Detective's Office. Click for a slightly bigger version on flickr.

15180791693_8d6ac641af_b.jpg

10246 Detective's Office by EBTown, on Flickr

Until the official press release from TLG, please discuss this news in this thread.

It looks like it again features a lot of original piece usage and innovative building techniques, among others, it appears that Unikitty's tail in dark grey is used in the detailing near the top of the apartments and a paint roller piece in black is used for the lights above the barber shop.

Thats really good indeed, and again breaks the pattern of a big square building. Only downside is that it looks to be not separatable, like petshop. I do like the variation a lot.

What part are they using on the top facade of the detective office? Looks very strange and I cant ID it at all.

Looks splendid :wub:

What part are they using on the top facade of the detective office? Looks very strange and I cant ID it at all.

Possibly Unikitty's tail?

This is it. This is the one that'll finally get me to buy a big Modular. It was nearly the Pet shop. Then the cinema. But this... Not sure I can resist.

I have only the first two modulars (corner cafe and green grocer) and I never bought the others since I prefer MOCing, but this one... maybe the best modular EVER! :classic:

No not the Unikitty tail on top of the light blue part, the other strange looking part you can see above the wall with the "brick" bricks.

A bionicle fist I guess....

In one word: fantastic! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Far beyond my expectations, I must say, there's nothing not to like here. Those columns ... :wub:

The detective needs a car though that is parked in front of the office. :wink:

I can say I'm slightly disappointed but this isn't the official press release so I have to wait and see for more details. The alleyway is done better that I had originally expected. I'm pretty sure that Jaime Berard is the designer for this set just the way it's been built.

This looks really, really good. Looks a little small, but I'm sure the interior will make up for it. What a great follow-up to the Parisian Restaurant. :wub::thumbup:

first impressions: it blows most of the previous modulars out of the water. I want more like this, less like PR...

two will be coming home with me of course