The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Watch as the modular following the "Detective Agency" will be a Book Store. Then all the buzz will be about OTW calling BS nearly a year in advance. And if you think people take his jokes seriously now...

:grin:

Edited by Moebius118

Okay, back on topic.

So, when is TH going to be retired?

The TH will be retired when it is retired. But, the BS will never be retired! (Unless it is a Book Store).

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Let's try to get this thread back on track and discuss actual rumours instead of pure speculation.

Let's try to get this thread back on track and discuss actual rumours instead of pure speculation.

What's the difference? Most rumours start with pure speculation.

I am wondering where the "confirmed rumor" came from about the Book Store, Beauty Salon or Barber Shop? Personally, since modulars are three stories I really hope that they decide to do a Book Store (1st floor), Beauty Salon (2nd floor) and a Barber Shop on the top floor. After all, when going to a Beauty Salon or Barber Shop, what do you need? Reading material to pass the time waiting.

Wow! I hope whoever found this info (OTW) is right, because I'm looking forward to that modular. Who knows maybe Jamie will read this thread an decide this is a great idea!

Hurry up and get that DA out and on to the next one.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I am wondering where the "confirmed rumor" came from about the Book Store, Beauty Salon or Barber Shop? Personally, since modulars are three stories I really hope that they decide to do a Book Store (1st floor), Beauty Salon (2nd floor) and a Barber Shop on the top floor. After all, when going to a Beauty Salon or Barber Shop, what do you need? Reading material to pass the time waiting.

Wow! I hope whoever found this info (OTW) is right, because I'm looking forward to that modular. Who knows maybe Jamie will read this thread an decide this is a great idea!

Hurry up and get that DA out and on to the next one.

Andy D

I don't know, but I can confirm that its a rumor.

All I have seen the last couple of months is a couple of buffoons create hype and hysteria (with unreliable sources) = causing everybody to panic and speculate... which seems to actually be having an impact on sales (maybe because this is one of the world's most pivotal discussion areas about modulars).

It's quite funny how many people act like white sheep and follow the herd...

(maybe this is how religions get started.......)

All I have seen the last couple of months is a couple of buffoons create hype and hysteria (with unreliable sources) = causing everybody to panic and speculate... which seems to actually be having an impact on sales (maybe because this is one of the world's most pivotal discussion areas about modulars).

It's quite funny how many people act like white sheep and follow the herd...

(maybe this is how religions get started.......)

Maybe Lego sent in some people undercover to this forum to do just that...

I changed my mind. I don't think it's a Book Store anymore I think its a modular Bus Station. A 3 story Bus Station.

That's the best yet! I could really buy into that concept.

I changed my mind. I don't think it's a Book Store anymore I think its a modular Bus Station. A 3 story Bus Station.

A Bus Station would be OK, but I think it shocks also include a Book Store and a Beauty Salon and a Barber Shop. Just think, it would be a BS, BS, BS, BS! The best!

Andy D

Y'all are just hysterical! Bout fell out of my chair reading some of this sh*&^%$$^&*)t! And am plum wore out after reading just a few pages. Yikes!

I think that all we know is that 69 pages later, EVERYTHING MUST BE A RUMOR/RUMOUR!

We might be better off spending our time BUILDING LEGO! (Just started Friends' Shopping Mall, and it looks like fun even though I detest most malls.)

It will come out... whenever it comes out.

We might be better off spending our time BUILDING LEGO! (Just started Friends' Shopping Mall, and it looks like fun even though I detest most malls.)

It will come out... whenever it comes out.

Cheers to that!

And enjoy the Shopping Mall. Got it myself a couple weeks ago. Only about halfway done MOD'ing it into a modular design. Enjoy your build and be sure to post any MOD's if you go that route :)

Hmm...I was hoping for a bakery shop, get my sweet tooth on, I suppose if it is a big bus station, it might have room for all.

I'd prefer a 4-in-1 set, containing the Bus Station, Bakery Shop, Barber Shop and Beauty Saloon. Maybe even a Book Shop thrown in for good measure.

I'd prefer a 4-in-1 set, containing the Bus Station, Bakery Shop, Barber Shop and Beauty Saloon. Maybe even a Book Shop thrown in for good measure.

Ok guys this is just way too much BS now. I've had enough of this foolishness. I am going to build maybe some kind of modular agency for detectives to get to the bottom of these unfounded rumors.

Consider Lego loves Bike Shops in their city, it's about time one came out in modular form. They went half way with the recent Creator 3-in-1, so why not go all the way next.

Seriously though, even if it is BS, a Bus Station would be pretty cool. A train station would be hard to work with in with the format, but they could do something for buses, though size constraints may still be an issue.

I do hope the announcement comes soon, between waiting for this and the prolonged wait for the next Ideas review, the suspense is getting hard to bare. I also hope the rumours of the Detective Agency are true, that sounds like a very interesting build.

How many more? Now we have Bike Shop and Bakery Shop. Are you guys just staying awake figuring out new store names? Or what... I can't wait to see what's next.

Maybe a Brothel Saloon?

Andy D

It's going to be a CF with adjacent TS according to the voices in my head :laugh:

I'm guessing that's a Chocolate Factory and a Trampoline Store?

I hope the detective agency is more like Eddie Valiant in "who framed rodger rabbit" than the sherlock-holmes-esque CMF detective we got. Trenchcoat, nice hat (fedora would probably fit) and a good seletion of interesting accessories

I hope the emphasis on the building is minimalized and we get hundreds, if not thousands, of interesting little accessories that I can integrate into my doll collection.

I'm really curious about the alley that was rumoured to be in the DA-set.... maybe it is something like you can see here on the left side of the FB-MOD.. 14369738646_ab55fd07f7_c.jpg . . . . . 14369735226_865e1b31ae_z.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak