The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

5 minutes ago, 24nolf said:

Take a look at this: 

Thanks for the link, I'd seen that before but what I am trying to do is make the sign shape itself a brick built sax with the Jazz wording on that, not just adding the minifig sax. Maybe I'm over thinking it. 

2 minutes ago, Silverhurst said:

Thanks for the link, I'd seen that before but what I am trying to do is make the sign shape itself a brick built sax with the Jazz wording on that, not just adding the minifig sax. Maybe I'm over thinking it. 

I love it. Maybe attack it from the perspective of a billboard. Think Grand Emporium...

Very eh... 

Will buy it of course, because I've bought them all so far... But this one is the least excited I've been for in a long, long time.

Edited by westracing01

I like it! However, it needs the Blues Brothers playing with their band inside, with the Bluesmobile parked someplace nearby (slightly on the curb and double parked). It just screams for it!

7 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I like it! However, it needs the Blues Brothers playing with their band inside, with the Bluesmobile parked someplace nearby (slightly on the curb and double parked). It just screams for it!

I love it.  So true, despite it being Bobs Country Bunker, in the first film. 

1 hour ago, jus1973 said:

I love it.  So true, despite it being Bobs Country Bunker, in the first film. 

Could be the concert hall from near the end of the original film. (Also, I refuse to acknowledge the existence the second film. I got about twenty minutes into it and it was unfunny and unwatchable)

Edited by Murdoch17

The printed tile says Andy will be at the Music Hall - nothing about a club. And part of me says Lego won't do a club: clubs have bars that serve liquor. TLG says they won't portray present-day use of alcohol, and these modulars are somewhat present day.

Has anyone asked Andy? https://andysax.com/en-gb/

There are new pics on insta with blurry inside shots. I like the positioning of the jazz band and the curtains, but it also seems a bit empty on places. Maybe it will look better on better pictures. 
and i secretly hoped for a pigeon cage on the roof (since magicians use pigeons too a lot)

I think nobody has mentioned that yet - the pizza slices the chef carries look like a new print to me. I'd definitely appreciate it if there was more than one sort of pizza in Lego universe 🍕

Just now, 8fifty said:

I think nobody has mentioned that yet - the pizza slices the chef carries look like a new print to me. I'd definitely appreciate it if there was more than one sort of pizza in Lego universe 🍕

But there are more :-/

2 minutes ago, Borex said:

But there are more :-/

Not for the slices 😉

Don't know what to think about the interior pics...something about them feels underwhelming to me...

I rather like the interior shots. Even blurry (or maybe because they are blurry) they feel very real and like the space they're trying to replicate. Although those view points won't be achievable in the real model, so it may feel very different from above.

I didn't think about it before, but why is there a magician in a jazz club? Sadly, nothing that suggests a real magic trick play feature.

And it does appear to be 8 figures.

Edited by RichardGoring

9 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Not for the slices 😉

Don't know what to think about the interior pics...something about them feels underwhelming to me...

Oh yeah slices. My bad! But it also looks like it has a new pizza tile, right? 

Plus the dark red doesn’t look very good from the outside, i get why they used it. It looks more like a dark jazz club that way and more like a club in the big. I just wanted to see some tiles with jazz musicians on the wall there. 
Of course people with a Jerry Seinfeld can let him perform there

I just saw the new pics and WTF! A couple of chairs seated around a singer and two musicians. It looks like a group Bible study, not a club. How did this even happen?!

The more pics that are posted, the more I think this is fake. Those interior pics are way too simplistic.

LEGO uses the modulars to highlight new and complex building styles and use of bricks. I was blown away by the Boutique Hotel. Unless LEGO specifically promotes this as a throwback modular, I'm not convinced.

Brickclicker just posted a video with the Box and the interior pictures. People that say its fake should stop :D ....

One thing: am I the only one who does not like the changing colors palettes each year? like they could do 2-3 years in a row fitting color schemes? why not continue the green or violett 1/4 buildings of the police station? 
It gets harder and harder to combine them.

Also: I also think that the new Modular looks underwhelming. I feel like they have to ramp up their game. This looks really boring. Look at Mould King for example, they have modern houses, cafes and multi level houses like this, look what Lego themselves did with the new Friends Mainstreet.

Edited by DimiNi

38 minutes ago, diagonalley said:

The more pics that are posted, the more I think this is fake. Those interior pics are way too simplistic.

LEGO uses the modulars to highlight new and complex building styles and use of bricks. I was blown away by the Boutique Hotel. Unless LEGO specifically promotes this as a throwback modular, I'm not convinced.

I feel the déclassé single mold chairs in a jazz setting is something that would never appear in a moc. It's cringy. No one would try and pass this off as a real set. As you said the modulars highlight new and complex building styles so deviating so far from that is not believable. It's so bad it must be real. 

On 12/11/2022 at 3:19 PM, Beasty_Boy0800 said:

A lot of people seem to be not like the set, I'm surprised.  I think it looks great, I love my modulars being unique in their own way and I think it'll sit beautifully with the Boutique Hotel! I'm really anxious to get the official photos and see the interior. I'm really liking it, I find it stands out! 

We go through this every year. We get pages and pages of negativity and ranting on how much they dislike it and how much previous modulars were better. Until this time next year. when the Jazz Club will now be considered the pinnacle of modular design and pricing and the new one is the object of their ire. They ranted about the Police Precinct, about the Brick Bank, about the Corner Garage, about the Diner, about the Detectives Office, oh how they ranted about the Parisian Restaurant. on and on. Town Hall was derided as a Big Box of Air. Now it's the centerpiece of any Modular Display. Welcome to the Cycle of Life in the Lego world.  

1 hour ago, Jdrewg said:

The printed tile says Andy will be at the Music Hall - nothing about a club. And part of me says Lego won't do a club: clubs have bars that serve liquor. TLG says they won't portray present-day use of alcohol, and these modulars are somewhat present day.

Has anyone asked Andy? https://andysax.com/en-gb/

Don’t Boutique Hotel have a rooftop bar? I feel like music hall is just a room inside a club. 

I’m quite torn about this.  On the one hand, it fits with the expected themes, and the triplet of jazz club, pizza place and tailor fits with the usual 3 theme idea that TLG have been using in the more recent modulars (hotel not withstanding) but the blurry interior pictures that have been circulated, suggest this may be a MOC, rather than a legit modular, as they’re quite simplistic in build techniques.  That said, in an effort to keep costs down, perhaps the interiors are more simple, using fewer bricks than previously.  

50 minutes ago, DimiNi said:

Brickclicker just posted a video with the Box and the interior pictures. People that say its fake should stop :D ....

Also: I also think that the new Modular looks underwhelming. 

Sigh. I hadn't seen Brickclicker's video when I posted. With the box design this looks like it is true. I guess it is LEGO giving us less with higher price tags. So disappointing 😞 

17 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

We go through this every year. We get pages and pages of negativity and ranting on how much they dislike it and how much previous modulars were better. Until this time next year. when the Jazz Club will now be considered the pinnacle of modular design and pricing and the new one is the object of their ire. They ranted about the Police Precinct, about the Brick Bank, about the Corner Garage, about the Diner, about the Detectives Office, oh how they ranted about the Parisian Restaurant. on and on. Town Hall was derided as a Big Box of Air. Now it's the centerpiece of any Modular Display. Welcome to the Cycle of Life in the Lego world.  

Uff, really? I am here only since 2020 and I remember people were happy about the police station :D I also can't imagine people criticizing the Parisian Restaurant or the Brickbank :D

But I must say: this one is a downstep. Its more expensive than ever, it really looks not special at all (okay we cant get every year like a crazy building, sometimes normal is also good), but the facade of the Jazz club really looks plain, boring, and simply build. Well lets see how it l ooks next year :D