The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hmm I cant say that I love it, based on this picture…  lt looks very different than what I imagined. Boutique hotel and Police station exterior seems more intricate imo

Hmmmmmm... skeptic at first sight. It looks more like MOC..? It definitely hasn`t THAT vibe it should have..

I honestly don't like it. The pizzeria side looks great, but the Jazz Club side looks so... flat. Extremely boring and poor color choice. I hope more pictures will change my mind, but first impressions is that the Boutique Hotel and Police Station CRUSHES this it terms of looks. 

23 minutes ago, Elysiumfountain said:

If that is indeed the actual thing, my first impressions: 

- I like the sign above the marquee, that's kind of cool. And the inverted doors. 

- No clue what is going on with the pizza restaurant's roof. What is that up there? Looks like some weird greenhouse. 

- Kind of reminds me of the Fire Station, and I want to see the interior before making any further judgements :classic:

Edit: Looking at the picture further, I love the singer's dress! And is that a new instrument mold? Looks like a bass that the mining on the left is holding. 

My first thought entirely was, "Fire Station bricks!" 

Hmm, not immediately sold on this one.  The facade looks very flat on the jazz club side, and the Blue is an odd choice, but given we’ve not had blue for a few years, slightly predictable.  

Not entirely sure the Magic Show act is not somehow just a gimmick to make a hidden door or something, to create a story around it.  

At least we get a squirrel. 

Damn, loving this. Some really cool techniques. Check out the brick-built stained glass windows on the jazz club! I believe that’s something we haven’t got in a Modular before.

Are those stained windows on the jazz club? That will help the facade pop. 

Edited by FrkW
Jinx!

I'm sold! I know I'm in the minority but wasn't a fan of the Boutique Hotel at all, and a reason of that was the colours. Here the color scheme is even more strange but, I don't know way, it worcs totally fine for me. An I love that pizzeria/tailor shop building!

Edited by Citromon

After seeing this, I think I am going to try and save up for the Sanctum Sanctorum first.  I don't hate it, but I am not getting that "cannot wait for Day 1" vibe either.   Is that a string bass?  So perhaps there is a new instrument mold after all!  Funny thing is that I ordered two squirrels on online PAB to use with my modulars.  Also breathing a sigh of relief that they did not try and make a French Quarter building with a pizzeria.  Andy Sax is nowhere to be found and there is also something about a "magic show" .  Kind of reminds me of the Friends Theater set I bought for my muppets with a $230+ price tag.  I like the yellow, but wish there was more of it.  

39 minutes ago, Elysiumfountain said:

No clue what is going on with the pizza restaurant's roof. What is that up there? Looks like some weird greenhouse

Looking closer I actually think it is, looks like there is som greenery inside. Must be a fancy pizza place, growing their own veggies on the roof all Noma-style.

I actually kind of love it, have been hoping for a rooftop greenhouse. 

The double entrance way is really interesting too. 

With the stained windows on two floors, do we think that's a large double floor for the Jazz club with high ceilings? That could be really nice, if so! 

I quite like the use of the hot dogs on the Jazz Club sign – clever. 

Love the Taylor's sign, and hope it's a printed piece. Very cool to have a sign downstairs, for something that's going on upstairs. 

The pizzeria building looks nice – love the yellow / red / white / green combo, and the ability to sit outside and probably listen to the jazz music. 

Love that this is more towards the older type of modular buildings. 

What's on the roof of the pizzeria? 

I love the big red building, but the smaller pizzeria feels like a different scale. Like the 3in1 creator buildings.

4 minutes ago, RuffDraft said:

Love the Taylor's sign, and hope it's a printed piece. 

It should be, only prints in modulars.

But I'm kinda sad we didn't get a pizzeria sign too. As I understood from GWP it's City Pizza. 

4 minutes ago, Elysiumfountain said:

It's looking like a sort of greenhouse or herb garden for the pizzeria.

That's cool. It's a shame this isn't just a Jazz Club / music show, as those red bricks truly pop and it would have made a truly great modular on its own. 

I'm not really a fan of the two buildings side by side... they don't seem to go as well as you'd hope when placed together. 

1 minute ago, Citromon said:

But I'm kinda sad we didn't get a pizzeria sign too. As I understood from GWP it's City Pizza. 

Oh okay! I should know that really. 😅 Practically all of mine are still in their boxes, as I still don't have anywhere to put them. 🤦‍♂️ 

That's true... a pizzeria sign would have looked bad megablocks, and you could have had a slice as part of the pizza sign too, which could have been quite creative and fun. 

Edited by RuffDraft
More detail.

With all the enthousiasm about the date on the poster of the Boutique Hotel, it's pretty lame LEGO didn't announce this set yesterday, just to see it being leaked a day later...

Overall I like the set. I dig the color scheme and the Art Deco style of the Jazz Club is convincing.

In this picture the pizzeria is a bit overshadowed by the Jazz Club and the greenhouse is less convincing. I hope soon we'll see pictures that will make the set look better.

I really don't like the modular buildings rely more and more on printed parts. The Jazz Club sign is very prominent and important for the look of the building. For modular buildings I really like and prefer the designers try brick build solutions.

2 minutes ago, Citromon said:

I wonder if they will officially refer to it as a pizzeria? To me it looks more like a little italian restaurant in general. I was worried it'd be more like a chain type place, much prefer this version. 

The jazzclub building looks good :thumbup: But it feels cramped. I don't like the pizzeria very much. I wish they would have used the space the pizzeria uses to widen the jazzclub building with one more window on each side.