The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

3 minutes ago, 24nolf said:

I found a Lego ambassador who was sent the new modular to review so the reveal should be imminent in theory...

Who? And how did you find this out?

I mean it still could be 10:21pm aka 21:21 Billund time or 10:21 pm NY time (4:21 CET) -but it seems unlikely that they would reveal it at such late hour. It would've beed an amazing Easter egg, but the marketing team botched the opportunity this time. 

Edited by ddavid

Buuuut... every respectable jazz club wouldn't open before.... say 9 p.m. 

So there is still hope out there for today ;)

6 hours ago, Maple said:

But there are still 14+ hours of December 10th in the USA! There is still time!!!! :jollyroger:

If it wasn't a Saturday I think it would have been funny if LEGO just added it to the website and didn't even send a press release out. Did we ever even get a designer video for the hotel?

For someone complaining about our collective speculating, you’re in here posting more than anyone...trying to be funny. We get it, you think it’s dumb & we’re dumb, so leave it be & go look at another thread. 

Could be Monday then. I thought it would be an odd day to share the set (Saturday). 

That said, it’s awesome that they’ve kept it hidden for so long. Hopefully there will be no leaks, and just an official set release followed by tonnes of YouTube reviews, and then we can all go on a binge. 🍿 

Kinda hoping it isn’t the Jazz club too, so we can receive another surprise, but I have a feeling that rumour is true, as it was shared more as factual information. 

Let’s see what the future brings! 

Edited by RuffDraft
Grammar

The newest small rumour I read about the reveal is this coming Wednesday, December 14. Somebody said that exabrickslegogo had that in their story. Unfortunately, I neither know anything about their reliability nor if they actually posted something about it. 

9 hours ago, RuffDraft said:

Kinda hoping it isn’t the Jazz club too, so we can receive another surprise, but I have a feeling that rumour is true, as it was shared more as factual information. 

Let’s see what the future brings! 

I wouldn’t mind the jazz club, but i could give the pizzeria a miss, as we already have a Parisian restaurant, downtown diner plus various coffee shops, bakeries donut shops etc.  Less food based would be nice, but i think the ‘leaked’ themes are probably spot on.

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

For someone complaining about our collective speculating, you’re in here posting more than anyone...trying to be funny. We get it, you think it’s dumb & we’re dumb, so leave it be & go look at another thread. 

No thanks.

1 hour ago, mo123567 said:

It's still 12/10 in Hawaii :classic:

Not anymore.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

What a shame that they missed the opportunity to do something really cool. Oh well. We'll see it by January 1st.

Indeed, I’m with you on that. Christmas is mainly for children, with an Advent calendar and all the sets advertised for that period; January 1st could be for adults, a mind game with some hints to make them wonder and dream… and budget ! Nowadays, all we hear about people in marketing is « create an experience around the product »  that is what some business « brick-and-mortar” - no pun intended- are struggling to do to keep their customers away from their Web - only counterparts. I’m a 100% fan of Lego products, but competition is fierce ! The product itself : yes; the dream around it : invaluable !  Happy January 1st in advance for all of you ! 🎉

Promobricks is asking people to subscribe to their English language youtube-channel. If I understood it correctly, they will show a picture of the set later today if they reach 1000 subscribers.

7 minutes ago, Greshi210 said:

Promobricks is asking people to subscribe to their English language youtube-channel. If I understood it correctly, they will show a picture of the set later today if they reach 1000 subscribers.

Great catch! 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/promobricks/2991024065548910542/?hl=en

Here is the story. You can definitely see an blurred out photo of some red building

Pfff. If they really think they can catch me with that...they are absolutely right 😂 Btw, they already reached 1000 subscribers, so it should just be a matter of hours 😁

Although it is a blurried background picture, I can say that I might like the color scheme of the dark red combined with the brighter blue.

10 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Pfff. If they really think they can catch me with that...they are absolutely right 😂

You’re funny ! I think we can also see some yellow area that extend vertically, like an advertising sign, or a giant music instrument

If that is indeed the actual thing, my first impressions: 

- I like the sign above the marquee, that's kind of cool. And the inverted doors. 

- No clue what is going on with the pizza restaurant's roof. What is that up there? Looks like some weird greenhouse. 

- Kind of reminds me of the Fire Station, and I want to see the interior before making any further judgements :classic:

Edit: Looking at the picture further, I love the singer's dress! And is that a new instrument mold? Looks like a bass that the mining on the left is holding. 

Edited by Elysiumfountain

That is way better than I expected. And bigger! Was worried the club and the restaurant would be crammed on top of each other. But this? Fun, colourful, goes great with the last couple of modulars. Can't wait to see the inside.

1 minute ago, FrkW said:

That is way better than I expected. And bigger! Was worried the club and the restaurant would be crammed on top of each other. But this? Fun, colourful, goes great with the last couple of modulars. Can't wait to see the inside.

Well- it's probably going to retail for 229,99 €/$ so its small for that price

1 minute ago, ddavid said:

Well- it's probably going to retail for 229,99 €/$ so its small for that price

I live in Sweden, we always get screwed on prices anyway. 🤷‍♀️

I didn't realize until I read the article that the second floor of the pizzeria is a tailor shop. Another interesting detail that I'm curious to see the interior of now.