The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Sunseeker21 said:

I second that

Same. And isn't the Lego world actually flat anyway?

12 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

This is crazy. 7 dec and not even a glimpse of the new modular. Have we ever waited this long?

Official announcement dates for the last five modulars:
- Boutique Hotel: December 6th 2021 Monday
- Police Station: November 27th 2020 Black Friday 
- Bookshop: December 6th 2019 Friday Revealed at Singapore Comic Con
- Corner Garage: December 3rd 2018 Monday
- Downtown Diner: November 29th 2017 Wednesday

Edited by 24nolf

9 hours ago, Maple said:

Honestly the flat earthers and lizard people conspiracy theories have nothing against the theories LEGO fans come up with.

Ah ha! Only a lizard person would say that! :wink:

12 hours ago, Kyp said:

its getting later every year. Probably to throw off copy cats.
But I think we can safly assume that it will be revealed on Saturday. We know pretty certain that it will be a jazzclub and the Botique Hotel had a small Poster on a wall reading "Andy Sax, Live 10th of december" so... yeah.

It would be so pleasing if they did this and put the easter egg in a full year beforehand.

10 hours ago, Maple said:

Honestly the flat earthers and lizard people conspiracy theories have nothing against the theories LEGO fans come up with.

I'm not sure we have had any crazy theories...until now: 

10am EST in the United States) on Saturday, December 10, the LEGO Group’s official Instagram account will be taken over by a group of children. Under the hashtag, #LEGOTakeover.

Edited by 24nolf

12 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Ah ha! Only a lizard person would say that! :wink:

:alien: I got to go now. No more questions! :alien:

Edited by Maple

If the whole Andy Sax thing is actually a hint and they planned this all along more than a year ago, they still would need to make some type of announcement ahead of the reveal.  We would need to know the when and where.  If it is 10:21 on Saturday, what time zone?  Is the announcement coming from Denmark, Singapore, or somewhere else?  Then, you need to know what the website link is in order to watch it.  And yes, I do believe we are now at the latest ever point in time for the reveal, and we know very little.  

But maybe it will be just a press release?

No video, but just pictures (and the marketing bla bla ;) )

4 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

If the whole Andy Sax thing is actually a hint and they planned this all along more than a year ago, they still would need to make some type of announcement ahead of the reveal.  We would need to know the when and where.  If it is 10:21 on Saturday, what time zone?  Is the announcement coming from Denmark, Singapore, or somewhere else?  Then, you need to know what the website link is in order to watch it.  And yes, I do believe we are now at the latest ever point in time for the reveal, and we know very little.  

Unfortunately, history suggests none of that will happen :( Here is how this normally goes with a convention reveal (also applies to non-modular reveals like the Chinese sets last month):

1. No notice is given
  2. The convention doors open and Lego has the set(s) on display on the convention floor
  3. Random folks take photos that begin circulating on social media and eventually some websites post them
  4. Hours later Lego sends out a press release

For non-convention reveals we just get a press release. During "Covid" Lego selectively experimented with livestreams but they appear to have dropped that strategy (maybe the summer stream will continue?). TLG has teased a small number of reveals on Instagram over the last 2ish years so that may happen. 

Edited by 24nolf

While getting more and more impatient, I really hope the new modular is worth the cruel wait 😄

Indeed ! I think TLG could create a mega countdown to the official reveal date, with just the right amount of blurred insights, vague hints, etc

Play/flirt with the fans, not just business-business-business. I don’t see how to simply say « stay tuned till…» would give some advantage to concurrent companies…

6 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

Indeed ! I think TLG could create a mega countdown to the official reveal date, with just the right amount of blurred insights, vague hints, etc

Play/flirt with the fans, not just business-business-business. I don’t see how to simply say « stay tuned till…» would give some advantage to concurrent companies…

Really I can see why they don't do something like that. All that would do is make demand from the public at large (as opposed to the small niche that is hardcore AFOLs) skyrocket... which would both distract from the sets Lego is trying to sell currently, bury the news of other planned announcements, and dramatically increase the likelihood for leaks (since everybody would know something was coming long before the actual reveal, and all that demand would create even more of an incentive for somebody with an inside scoop to break the story "first").

A new set announcement has no reason to be a week-long or month-long affair. When they're ready to announce it they'll announce it, and stringing fans along with teasers beforehand would be both unnecessary and counterproductive.

Edited by Lyichir

You really are a impatient bunch:tongue: To me it does not matter much when they reveal it;

1. It is not possible to buy until January
  2. I will not buy it before I got a really good deal and that probably take at least 6 months

I like the leaks as much as the next one, but I think I prefer when Lego reveals the sets at least the pictures, after all if no sets leaked we would get the same excitement as now just a little later:shrug_oh_well:

I agree with Roebuck, you can't buy it the day it's announced, what difference does it make?

Plus as soon as it's revealed then there are hundreds of days to wait for the next one.

I really wish I was laid back about this release  like Roebuck but…… The suspense is killing me! Hurry up Lego! 

46 minutes ago, Maple said:

I agree with Roebuck, you can't buy it the day it's announced, what difference does it make?

Plus as soon as it's revealed then there are hundreds of days to wait for the next one.

Firstly, I find the leaks sort of thrilling/satisfying in a way I can't describe.
It actually helps build the anticipation before I can actually get my hands on a set.

But I also like speculating on what sort of building techniques and new pieces may come in a set before I have the chance to buy it.

In fact, in previous years I have built out each modular as much as I can in LDD or Stud.io before a set's release (not just Modulars).
Then, once I build and buy the set, I compare how I thought it was done with reality.

47 minutes ago, lomis said:

But I also like speculating on what sort of building techniques and new pieces may come in a set before I have the chance to buy it.

In fact, in previous years I have built out each modular as much as I can in LDD or Stud.io before a set's release (not just Modulars).
Then, once I build and buy the set, I compare how I thought it was done with reality.

That's very impressive!

2 hours ago, lomis said:

Firstly, I find the leaks sort of thrilling/satisfying in a way I can't describe.
It actually helps build the anticipation before I can actually get my hands on a set.

First part is super concerning to me. 

Last part is super impressive. However you can still do that. Even if it's revealed on December 31 and sold the next day. Just don't look at the instructions. 

I appreciate what they try to do, but I find that Brickfanatics can make an article - full of loads of spammy links - out of anything. None of that gives us anything new, other than just more speculation. The updating of the competition is fairly obvious that something will happen at some point. The other about a new video could be about anything?

That is the dumbest LEGO article I ever read.

12-10 for most of the world is October 12. So we are two months late. Honestly this is getting to just ridiculous levels of stupid.