The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 24nolf said:

Yes.
One rumor from last year said Jamie was designing something with an art theme…so maybe that rumor was correct just off by a year. 

The rumor said the main theme is art. Looking at what is described the main theme is hotel. The other theme was supposed to be food related. Yes you can eat at hotels but it's again not close. Than there are other details like missing car, that was described in the rumor but isn't mentioned now. 

I was quite sceptical about this particular rumor last year and still am. But it would be a nice surprise if it was Jamie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kallego said:

I was quite sceptical about this particular rumor last year and still am. But it would be a nice surprise if it was Jamie. 

The problem is that fantastic Lego designers like Jamie after a few years gets promoted and soon they are not designing sets at all, but leading a team of designers, judging Lego masters etc. It that is what they want then good for them (and mostly our loss), however I wish more of them do like Marcos Bessa. He basically decided that he was most happy designing Lego sets and started doing that again after years of mostly leading others. Just wait and see as we loose people like Mike Psiaki and Justin Ramsden as designers to administration :sceptic:

My point is that Jamie probably have no time to design next years modular, but I would be happy to be proven wrong :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

What a silly question.

Excuse me? How many Jamies do you know then? What a silly response you have. 

16 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Berard :)

Thank you!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Excuse me? How many Jamies do you know then? What a silly response you have. 

Thank you!! :)

He's poking fun. Jamie Berard is the Lego Lead Designer who personally created the Modular Line, He designed the first 5 Modulars himself. Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and Pet Shop. Starting with Town Hall he switched off doing every other, than just the special ones like Assembly Square. He runs the whole Creator Expert/18+ line these days. But to explain his poking fun at you Jamie Berard is sort of the Patient Saint of Modular sets and builders. To us there is only 1 Jamie :pir-wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Faefrost said:

He's poking fun. Jamie Berard is the Lego Lead Designer who personally created the Modular Line, He designed the first 5 Modulars himself. Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and Pet Shop. Starting with Town Hall he switched off doing every other, than just the special ones like Assembly Square. He runs the whole Creator Expert/18+ line these days. But to explain his poking fun at you Jamie Berard is sort of the Patient Saint of Modular sets and builders. To us there is only 1 Jamie :pir-wub:

Thank you for your time explaning! I appreciate that.

I was just trying to find that Jamie’s last name so I could check his past desgins, that’s why I asked a “which is Jamie” question. So yeah…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thank you for your time explaning! I appreciate that.

I was just trying to find that Jamie’s last name so I could check his past desgins, that’s why I asked a “which is Jamie” question. So yeah…

It’s also just nice if people take simple questions at face value sometime, as we shouldn’t assume everyone has the same level of understanding or knowledge, or be on first name terms with designers ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2021 at 10:53 PM, Herky said:

saw this on YouTube, I guess I missed the Lego ad they reference with the sign and possibly the building itself:  LEGO 2022 Modular Building Leak - New Hotel & Art Gallery - YouTube

The Damp Knight advert has lots of buildings in it that are released and some playful mashup homages to older buildings. In the same way the Detectives office/Barbers was referenced in a previous rebuild the world ad.

if one crawls through the damp knight ad, there is actually a tiny shot of a building which could fit the descriptions we’ve heard, just in a different colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The description of the 2022 set has finally convinced me to get into the theme.
 

By chance I then stumbled across Assembly Square at nearly £40 off at Smyths Toys. Couldn’t say no at that price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Caps Beard said:

The description of the 2022 set has finally convinced me to get into the theme.
 

By chance I then stumbled across Assembly Square at nearly £40 off at Smyths Toys. Couldn’t say no at that price!

That’s a fab price.  I’ve seen a couple of ‘B’ model builds for this set, and if I had the money, I’d be straight round for a second copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.