The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 minute ago, mapimi said:

Hoping this is wrong, but the latest Lego Lab video confirms that they will be announcing a new modular building...next sunday arg.... (skip to 5:42)

Next Sunday they (Lego Lab) will be announcing it on their news (which is a Sunday show). Lego are announcing it tomorrow.

Edited by nikhkin

14 minutes ago, mapimi said:

Hoping this is wrong, but the latest Lego Lab video confirms that they will be announcing a new modular building...next sunday arg.... (skip to 5:42)

No way...in the previous post Lego ambassador mentioned it will be 3rd Dec...no more waiting...

3 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

That escalated quickly

No it didn't, nothing escalated. I explained why there was confusion and pointed out why there was confusion due to the response which didn't answer a simple question.  :classic:

Edited by Fuppylodders
Part of what I said could come across as slightly antagonising, not my intention at all.

6 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

(Apologies if this has been posted before) From user Haay at Brickpicker:

"Seen the picture of it. It's going to be more popular than the Downtown Diner in my estimate!

Three story corner building with a gas-station in the centre and a garage / car-working place on the right. First floor has a veterinarian office. Second floor looks to be living quarters. Very nice detailing! 2569 pieces. 

Official reveal tomorrow (Monday)."

The worse thing Lego could think of, in the year of plant based ecologic bricks, is making a modular with a gas station in it

6 minutes ago, jaesroe said:

No way...in the previous post Lego ambassador mentioned it will be 3rd Dec...no more waiting...

I'm more believing the lego ambassador, I think an extra week would mean at this point, something would end up being leaked

8 minutes ago, jaesroe said:

The video was saying they would talk about the new modular on next week's episode. Not that Lego are announcing next weekend. 

33 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

The video was saying they would talk about the new modular on next week's episode. Not that Lego are announcing next weekend. 

Me too i believe the lego ambassador's post more. 

regarding your post, in the video, it says  we will be 'announcing' our brand new lego creator expert modular building. if that youtube channel is not some sort of 'official' lego channel then..ok fine ~:sweet:

Edited by jaesroe

36 minutes ago, mapimi said:

I believe @Cwetqo too. As another source, there’s also this:

9 hours ago, cimddwc said:

The Ambassador on Doctor-Brick.de has already confirmed that the Ambassadors have been informed (and are allowed to share) that the new Modular 1ß264 will be announced on Monday 15:00 CET. They have not been told any more details, though.

38 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

"Seen the picture of it. It's going to be more popular than the Downtown Diner in my estimate!

Three story corner building with a gas-station in the centre and a garage / car-working place on the right. First floor has a veterinarian office. Second floor looks to be living quarters. Very nice detailing! 2569 pieces. 

Nice to hear some details. Sounds intriguing, can’t wait for the reveal! :moar:

36 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I can dig it. Although it seems strange because I have never seen a gas station with something above it (other than a roof-like structure to shelter from the rain). I wouldn't really want to work/live above a gas station...

Someone on Brickset is suggesting it will be $199.99.  That seems like quite a bit of price creep going on.  It seems significantly higher than the rate of inflation.  If this is a gas station, auto shop, vet, and an apartment, it is going to be challenging to get them all into a corner build.  I believe this will be the first living quarters on a corner plot?  Looking forward to the reveal tomorrow, hopefully with some good photos.  

14 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

I can dig it. Although it seems strange because I have never seen a gas station with something above it (other than a roof-like structure to shelter from the rain). I wouldn't really want to work/live above a gas station...

haha:laugh_hard:yes  neither of us but in modular town...yes even veterinarian office is also with gas station hahahah if the rumour is true

Edited by jaesroe

20 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Someone on Brickset is suggesting it will be $199.99.  

I hope not! $199 is a lot for 2569 pieces. If it's the real price, I hope it includes lots of rare useful pieces and lots of rare colors...

Edited by LegoModularFan

I’m interested in what the architectural style will be. A petrol station  feels like an American style- building. DD was really American-specific (the architecture and the concept of a "Downtown Diner"), so I hope for a more universal style (I wished for a Parisian-like modular, but it probably won’t happen)

Edited by ddavid

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

It that is right a vet would be great since it means more animals for me, but it do sound like a odd combination. On the other hand a gas station and car repair is not music in my ears, that means at least one car and I prefer that they use the bricks for something else in the set :shrug_oh_well:

11 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It that is right a vet would be great since it means more animals for me, but it do sound like a odd combination.

I wonder if there could be a storyline between a garage and a veterinarian. The most obvious one isn't pleasant... or it should be an animal transporter that has car troubles!

What animals do you all expect?

We've already seen cats and dogs in modular sets and the CMF veterinarian had a rabbit. They could be too repetitive for the designers who like to surprise. On the other hand a horse from a stranded trailer would have difficulties getting to the first floor. :laugh:

I don't expect an unrevealed new mould in a Creator set, but I would be glad to see the new bird mould in the set!

Couple notes

-If the relatively high PPP holds, it probably means some kind of rare part or color is included

-I wouldn't mind a mechanic's garage. It really fits old time Americana. You go to a small town and you will surely encounter one. I think it'd go great in a town/train layout. A vet might fit, or be conducive to a modern aspect.

2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Wow. *huh**oh2* Wow.

So in the end, it will be the first rumour that emerged! I'm also a bit curious about the architectural style they might go for; the first floor being a diner kind of forces the rest of the look of the building, but a petrol station could basically be a one off-thing on the ground level for then to be whatever on top. Here hoping for something really well crafted, packed with great pieces and great shaping. A corner unit ultimately allows for a more free floor plan, so it would be great to have an alleyway of some sort (Mike -yep assuming this modular's his :tongue:- said he liked buildings that didn't go until the end of the plot). Hoping for some Vibrant Coral, but that's wishful thinking.

The time's coming, guys!

2 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

The worse thing Lego could think of, in the year of plant based ecologic bricks, is making a modular with a gas station in it

I kind of agree. It would be cool of they added a charging station for EV's 

22 minutes ago, brickbuilder711 said:

Couple notes

-If the relatively high PPP holds, it probably means some kind of rare part or color is included

I'm expecting lots of the new Vibrant Coral colored bricks. Ideally a full suite of 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 1x6 and 1x8 but I can live with just the first three of those in nice DO quantity.

39 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

I wonder if there could be a storyline between a garage and a veterinarian. The most obvious one isn't pleasant... or it should be an animal transporter that has car troubles!

What animals do you all expect?

We've already seen cats and dogs in modular sets and the CMF veterinarian had a rabbit. They could be too repetitive for the designers who like to surprise. On the other hand a horse from a stranded trailer would have difficulties getting to the first floor. :laugh:

I don't expect an unrevealed new mould in a Creator set, but I would be glad to see the new bird mould in the set!

The storyline is obvious. They want it to hook BOTH the City builders and the Friends Fans. Hence Mechanics Garage AND Vet Clinic. If the third floor includes a Dragon a Faerie and a Ninja we will know for sure.

The sister of my aunts dead husband just Instagrammed me a message I can't remember about the next modular.

Apparently there has been a lot of rumors about a police or petrol station. This is not true because it is bad for business and the environment.

The next modular will be named "No hope lane", and will include the following:

Ground floor - Gun shop: Introducing brand new parts for shotgun, uzi, AK47, bazooka and kevlar vest. 
1st floor - Brothel: Upgraded light element, now with red bulb. Apparently also some new minifig molds based on the Friends figures, but this was a bit unclear.
2nd floor - Secret meth lab: It is also this time a fun theme running through the set with the lab smuggling the crystals (new mold) through the building and in to the accompanied ice cream van vehicle outside.

The set is neither a corner nor a straight, more of a 50/50 split between a building and a dark narrow passage next to it called "Needle Alley". The alley has enough space for the ice cream van, its customers and a funny hobo and his "house".
There is also a second vehicle included, an undercover police car with a corrupt cop in it named Buzzing Bennie. Apparently the trunk of the vehicle has enough space to hold a minifig.

The color scheme used is mostly grey, dark grey, black and new color "gutter brown". Additional new pieces are brand new 2x1 brick with bullet holes (mold), 4x1 brick with blood splatter (printed), windows with broken glass (mold) and barred up door (print).

Sorry, that is all the information I have at the moment!

Edited by chorus