The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

5 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Bricked1980 - actually Emmet’s apartment building is a slightly modified Town Hall, so technically they already released it (practically).

This, and then the interior shown in the movie was way bigger than the exterior would allow.

2 hours ago, RuffDraft said:

I'm in the process of reading through this entire thread whenever my computer is rendering a film. I just stumbled across this post from 2014, shortly after PaperBallPark mentioned that the next modular would be a Detective's Agency. It's amazing to me, being a new AFOL, that people are so accurate with their guesses and explanations. This is nearly the description of what would become the Detective's Office, and it's uncanny that Roger would also mention a Laundromat, which would appear the following year alongside the Brick Bank. 

Loving this thread. Not one to dig up the past on forums, but I thought others may find this interesting. I am really looking forward to the next rumour. I still think it's going to be a Police Station. Really excited to see it too! 

:laugh:

Thinking about it, the laundromat propably would have been an even better fit as the third business in DO. A Detective's Office, Pool Haal and a laundromat would evoke quite a seedy/shady feeling all by themselves.

14 minutes ago, RogerSmith said:

This, and then the interior shown in the movie was way bigger than the exterior would allow.

Thinking about it, the laundromat propably would have been an even better fit as the third business in DO. A Detective's Office, Pool Haal and a laundromat would evoke quite a seedy/shady feeling all by themselves.

Something like this? I've modded the Dedetecive Office into this...

P2150294 (Small).jpg

New product will be announced december 3rd.

It would be really nice if all leaks would be kept from here until then.

Just now, Cwetqo said:

Wow!! Next Monday?? Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

But surely it would show up on the January store calendar before December 3rd wouldn't it?

It will show up this week for sure , at least in the January calendar.

Official Annoucement next week

2 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

How do you know that?

2 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

a) Where'd this new info come from?

b) Good luck with the 2nd part! Although I doubt any leaks will emerge now

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

But surely it would show up on the January store calendar before December 3rd wouldn't it?

I would hazard a guess that on the January store calendars, that there will just be a blank box place holder showing if anything, for the announcement of the new modular building (similar to what has been in recent catalogues) as these calendar will have already been printed and getting distributed, so if there was a pic of the new modular, I would have thought it would have leaked by now as the calendar printing will be outsourced.

9 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

I would hazard a guess that on the January store calendars, that there will just be a blank box place holder showing if anything, for the announcement of the new modular building (similar to what has been in recent catalogues) as these calendar will have already been printed and getting distributed, so if there was a pic of the new modular, I would have thought it would have leaked by now as the calendar printing will be outsourced.

You're probably right. Here is an example of the July store calendar from last summer.

27627893537_f973106e02_z_d.jpg

2 mystery D2C sets were released that month but no images or titles were revealed in the calendar. Just the wording showing that a "NEW exclusive" set would be coming out. I bet LEGO will take the same approach with the January store calendar, which is damn frustrating! :damn:

Edited by Bricked1980

2 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

You're probably right. Here is an example of the July store calendar from last summer.

2 mystery D2C sets were released that month but no images or titles were revealed in the calendar. Just the wording showing that a "NEW exclusive" set would be coming out. I bet LEGO will take the same approach with the January store calendar, which is bloody frustrating! :damn:

And then when the waiting is finally over it will be the same as every other year with everyone's responses from 'Awesome' and 'excellent', 'Fits perfect with my modular ton' to 'Meh' , 'not what I was expecting' or can't believe they have released this instead of that, etc :laugh:

Edited by scottwb2010

55 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

How do you know that?

38 minutes ago, The_Nev said:

a) Where'd this new info come from?

He's a Lego Ambassador. See below:

https://lan.lego.com/topic/9-the-lego-ambassador-network-rules-and-guidelines/

The Ambassadors primary responsibilities are:

• To be the single point of contact between the LEGO Group  and the community he/she represents.
  • To bring forward relevant topics raised in the community to the LAN in order for everyone to benefit from the experience of the other Ambassadors.
  • Take information from the LAN to the community members.
  • To ensure that all formal requirements related to reporting, sign up for support, etc. are met.
  • To actively engage and participate on the LAN.
  • To distribute and/or participate in surveys that are generated by the LEGO Group.
  • To keep the LAN team updated on any changes to the community, be it address changes, change in Ambassador, structure, inability to meet requirements or other relevant information.

Yes. But please take this more as a general warning, since at this stage really nothing has been confirmed.

I would just not want to see another announcement spoiled.

23 minutes ago, Cwetqo said:

but.... but... we... ...do :grin:

still we respect that. and we can wait a few days.

Edited by SollX

Just checked back through this thread. Apart from the dodgy catalogue shot of DD from last November, the only other clue we had that the set was coming out was when the Pink Car appeared in the LEGO Worlds game. Apart from that we had no other hints until the January store calendar ended up being leaked on Wednesday November 29th last year. By coincidence LEGO then officially announced The Diner later that same day.

I wonder if they originally intended to announce it that day or were they forced to bring the announcement forward because of the calendar being leaked. I suppose we will never know, but maybe they had intended to wait until the start of December last year as well before revealing the Diner.

40 minutes ago, just_one said:

@Bricked1980 dont do that again. dont post calendar pics in this threat , i thought it was the January Calendar:grin:

Sorry! Hope nobody fell of their seats after seeing that calendar shot. :laugh:

20 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

I’ll be honest to say that one more week to wait is a pain at this point, as everything pointed to a release this week. 

"Are you out of patience? No worries, just check out uncle LegoModdie's thread and everything will be fine!" 

The thread Inspirational Modular and Castle MOCs, created by one of the biggest MOC encyclopaedias, LegoModularFan, is scientifically proven to be the best way to heal the impatience which causes every year ten people to become desperate about the release of the next modular! What are you waiting for, try it NOW for FREE!

Sorry guys, couldn't help myself! :grin:

17 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Yes, very true... though I think the BB's way of coinciding with the laundromat was genius! Super cool that you're still here posting! That's a lot of years to be an AFOL! 

5 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

SWEEEEEEET! That's great news! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! :classic: And in December too to give us that Christmas feeling - eek! Can't wait!

Fingers crossed there's no leak before then - it would be great to have the announcement in official documents, rather than a low res scan from somewhere else. We've waited this long, it'd be loads better to see it from Lego themselves. Lego are doing a great job of keeping things under wraps. Bravo to them! 

Okay. one thing is great that TLG will keep continuing modular line in 2019 and other thing is.. the design...style...please....don't let me down,,

Edited by jaesroe

1 hour ago, Cwetqo said:

That's fair enough, but I think that's what we've been hoping will happen, as we do every year. Personally, I'm still hoping for an early reveal, whether it's official or not.

EDIT: oops, just replied to a comment from the first page thinking it was the latest. Disregard.

Edited by Aanchir