The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

7 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

We could also throw in some negativity, like questioning ourselves whether the modular line will be continued or nor next year...haha... ! Or predicting that there will follow only modular stand-alone buildings, the next years...

To be honest, i have so much in my head, there wasn't anyway a place for this to think of.... so that makes this year's 'Big Wait' pretty easy!!

Stay positive @LegoSjaak. :wink: and even: maybe they discontinued 2 Modular Building  sets because next year we are going to get a new one AND a rerelease. I'm a very optimistic guy! 

It's kind of funny that I look forward to the next modular not that I would like to build it (yes, my vision of this hobby has changed quite a bit since the beginning :laugh:) but I seriously wonder how it looks like/in which architectural style it is (:moar: Art Nouveau :moar:), what useful, rare and new parts and recolors it includes etc. 

On 11/19/2018 at 12:37 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Well I believe it was on this date in 2017 that the first leaks of the diner started to appear. Bit disappointed that history hasn't repeated itself this year. :hmpf_bad: 

Perhaps there won't be any leaks that year but we will directly see the official press release, hope it won't be later than the 29th of November (that was the day we got the official pictures of the diner).

On 11/19/2018 at 3:30 PM, Bricked1980 said:

I think it would be great to release a small 16 wide modular once a year in addition to the main standard size set.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:57 PM, RogerSmith said:

As usual, seconded!

Thirded! :wink:

3 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Ridiculous ideas aside: Damnit, I wanna see the next mdoular now!

Me too! I search for modular leaks everyday since around a month... :laugh: 

Shameless self promotion: For anybody not being able to wait anymore, I recommend checking this out, a small gallery which includes my all time favorite MOCs and don't hesitate checking the photostreams of the MOCers, I promise you'll have some great time! Also check out Guilds of Historica

Edited by LegoModularFan

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Me too! I search for modular leaks everyday since around a month... :laugh: 

Same! Maybe even longer.

Some leaked images are always exiting, even if they are just a week before the official announcement. And I would like to know how I feel about it before Black Friday, so I can spend my money accordingly :laugh: .

I would guess an that the official images will be shown on monday or wensday next week, just after the promotions :/

[Oh. And do we know anything about a new creator expert world building set? Now when all original sets are gone (Tower Bridge & Big Ben) it would seem fair to see a replacement.]

Edited by ddavid

13 hours ago, antp said:

The current Hospital however looks good between the modulars with not too many changes

DSC_0124_1.JPG

I haven't seen that Hospital MOD before and I couldn't seem to find a thread on it in these forums.

Do you have a link to more photos and details? It looks pretty good to me.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, MrBrickMan said:

Maybe they should do a 16 wide and price it at $79 as a nice, cheap way to pull more people into the modular line.

Yes please! I'd be VERY happy with a "full-sized" (32x32) and a "half-sized" (16x32) Modular each year.

Given that the Creator line appears, at least for now, to have abandoned residential and commercial buildings, it would be a great way to release some more of those types of builds.

I’ve been checking this thread and the thread on bricksite at least twice a day since august. Shows how excited I am for the next modular ? I really hope we get a modular similar to PR. The DD last year disappointed me to be honest - not my style, even though I’m glad others appreciated it.

I am surprised how much the DD grew on me over time. By now I really like it, and plan to get it one day. Shows how much damage a blurry leak can do!

Would be nice if they used the new salmon color from the Lego Movie 2 Pop-up Party Bus set (70828) for the next modular. It looks like a resurrection of the old salmon color from the old Scala Lego sets back in the day.

I’m trying to buy the brick bank but it seems to be out of stock at John Lewis, Smyths (the website) and Lego Shop.  On the Lego Shop website it says ‘temporarily out of stock’.  Is this true - I know it’s being retired and want to get it before it does go, but can’t find a place to buy it from.  

I’m guessing the leaks will come out on Black Friday - seems a good time to announce it.

Edited by Vilhelm22

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I am surprised how much the DD grew on me over time. By now I really like it, and plan to get it one day. Shows how much damage a blurry leak can do!

I am surprised by this day, why the DD gets so much hate. Its a good looking set, with nice building techniques, nice colors. Even the car is looking good. 

21 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I’m trying to buy the brick bank but it seems to be out of stock at John Lewis, Smyths (the website) and Lego Shop.  On the Lego Shop website it says ‘temporarily out of stock’.  Is this true - I know it’s being retired and want to get it before it does go, but can’t find a place to buy it from.  

I’m guessing the leaks will come out on Black Friday - seems a good time to announce it.

Why don't you try BrickLink? 

39 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I've just had a look on the Smyths toys website. It seems to be in stock at most of their stores at the minute. You would be best to buy it from a physical Smyths store if you have one near to you because at the minute there is a voucher to get £10 off if you spend over £100. The voucher is only valid in stores though.

Edited by Bricked1980

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I've just had a look on the Smyths toys website. It seems to be in stock at most of their stores at the minute. You would be best to buy it from a physical Smyths store if you have one near to you because at the minute there is a voucher to get £10 off if you spend over £100. The voucher is only valid in stores though.

Yes but what about the Lego Shop@Home?  It says ‘temporarily out of stock’.  Is this true?

Just now, Vilhelm22 said:

Yes but what about the Lego Shop@Home?  It says ‘temporarily out of stock’.  Is this true?

Just checked myself and yes it looks as if Brick Bank is temporarily out of stock! Might be worth using the online chat to ask when they expect it back in stock.

Although the set is retiring soon I would have thought they will still be getting some more stock at some point otherwise it would simply say "retired" on the product listing.

Probably this year is the most security level tightened up of leaking 2019 modular info or...I hate to say but no more Lego modular line? as some of 2019 Lego sets' images such as CITY line, Technic and others are floating around...can't believe we don't even have a clue of theme yet...  

Just now, jaesroe said:

Probably this year is the most security level tightened up of leaking 2019 modular info or...I hate to say but no more Lego modular line? as some of 2019 Lego sets' images such as CITY line, Technic and others are floating around...can't believe we don't even have a clue of theme yet...  

It's the same as last year. All other sets and themes were leaked but nothing yet about the next modular. People were starting to doubt that there was going to be a next modular. Just be Patient. It will come. 

7 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I was looking in legoshop and the Detective's Office is temporarily out of stock. But I think that and other sets that are temp out of stock will be available for Black Friday. Specially with the deals going on.

Edited by BrickFit26

2 hours ago, jaesroe said:

D2C sets don't seem to leak as much. Sets that are going to other retail stores end up in catalogs and have lots of ways to leak.

8 hours ago, Drunknok said:

100% my feeling too. I might get one and (as someone has said) it is a solid build. If DD had been released as the first modular, we'd all be worshipping it. From a purely aesthetical point of view, it might be better than those previous. And that blurry image was just from the wrong angle! I remember it looked at the Diner from the "jukebox" section. Heck, when they released the image form the other side, most the people started liking it.

7 hours ago, AVector said:

Would be nice if they used the new salmon color from the Lego Movie 2 Pop-up Party Bus set (70828) for the next modular. It looks like a resurrection of the old salmon color from the old Scala Lego sets back in the day.

It would be amazing. In the same way of PR.

Come on, Lego. Just let one tiny blurry image get past you... :innocent:

20 hours ago, AVector said:

Hey, didn't notice that set came with salmon until you said it! This is awesome, there are many MOCers who are going to be happy!  Indeed, it would be a great way to get a lot of salmon!

13 hours ago, paupadros said:

It would be amazing. In the same way of PR.

You forgot the DD... :wink:

13 hours ago, paupadros said:

Just let one tiny blurry image get past you... :innocent:

So you mean an image like this would make you happy?

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-22-29-44.png

Spoiler

:tongue:

Edited by LegoModularFan

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

So you mean an image like this would make you happy?

Sad as it sounds, yes it would! Surely not to much longer to wait through!

I don't think we're gonna get any announcements from TLG this side of the Black Friday weekend. If they revealed the new modular now it would just steal all the thunder from their other Creator Expert set due out tomorrow, The Vestas Wind Turbine. I also think that if they revealed the highly anticipated new set at Black Friday it could cause some people to hang on to their money instead of snapping up all the deals that LEGO will be pushing over the weekend.

I think it's more likely they'll wait until after Cyber Monday before they reveal the new set. But either way I'm sure that if there is gonna be a new set in January - we will know what it is by the end of next week! 

5 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I don't think we're gonna get any announcements from TLG this side of the Black Friday weekend. If they revealed the new modular now it would just steal all the thunder from their other Creator Expert set due out tomorrow, The Vestas Wind Turbine. I also think that if they revealed the highly anticipated new set at Black Friday it could cause some people to hang on to their money instead of snapping up all the deals that LEGO will be pushing over the weekend.

I think it's more likely they'll wait until after Cyber Monday before they reveal the new set. But either way I'm sure that if there is gonna be a new set in January - we will know what it is by the end of next week! 

Good points and I agree. However, still a long time to wait ?

4 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Good points and I agree. However, still a long time to wait ?

It does seem like a painfully long wait. I would love to see a leaked image now or even just something that gave us the name of the new set. However now that we're so close to the official reveal anyway, there is a part of me that would just like to wait and see the official pictures in all their glory without having my opinion of the set spoiled by a dodgy leaked promo image.

26 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

You might be right. Last year, the Taj Mahal was released on Cyber Monday, and two days later the Downtown Diner was announced.
This year, Vestia Wind Turbine is then released on Black Friday instead of Cyber Monday, but still they might wait until somewhere next week to announce the next modular.

Edited by Brickolta